Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 26, 2014
Designed more for a person in the technology community than the end user. It's not Mac friendly and that should be clear in all "details" about the product:

1) Does not function with Mac formatted hard drives
2) Does not play digital video purchased form iTunes (with DRM)
3) Documentation assumes a great deal of understanding of Bridge, Access Point, etc., for connections

4+ hours of work to get this device working with from my Mac platform (due to above explanations) and still won't play things purchased digitally from iTunes. If I want to be able to play all my video, I'll need to convert video files to strip the DRM from them...more time.

I give it a 2 because I don't like it, but it's about all I have to accomplish what I want to with it...after hours of extra work.
on December 25, 2014
Easy to setup, worked like a charm, great value. Used on a recent trip to Europe. Although I had free WiFi services in the hotels I stayed in it was restricted to only a few devices which was not nearly enough for my entire family's numerous devices. It worked with both wired and wireless connections to allow all of my family's devices to connect to the Internet when we were back in our hotel room relaxing. This device replaced an older much more expense portable wireless router and worked much better.
on December 25, 2014
I bought 3 of this. It is a the smallest router there is and really works. Buy this.
on December 24, 2014
Very stable and fast enough to stream two 1080p movies at same time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 24, 2014
Not as powerful as a big router with antennas of course, but was sufficient enough to use a tabletop router. I had mixed feelings with the setup process as it was not very well organized. I like it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 24, 2014
Fantastic product! I am very impressed with it. I am able to stream videos from from my 128 GB USB. It is very small and light.
on December 23, 2014
LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! So much so that bought one for other family members. When I love it for is the fact that I can put mv4 movies on a thumb drive and my children can watch movies in the car and hotel rooms while were traveling wirelessly with no Internet. Super easy to set up and use. It does more than that but that alone is gold!! Using your computer first, on your thumb drive sort your movies into folders (adult/children) so the kids know which movies they can watch and the adults can actually have movies that interest them.
on December 23, 2014
Awesome little device. The reviews were great, and the people are correct. It works like a charm.

I haven't used it for a wired connection yet, but wired wasn't my primary concern. I was needing it for it's wireless capabilities.

I did have a slight issue at first with the device connecting to my iPhone as a mobile hotspot while using the stock option to turn on personal hotspot. This is an Apple/iPhone issue, not the HooToo devices fault. This however was remedied as I used the jailbroken app 'MyWi' to turn on personal hotspot. I was then able to connected the HooToo to my iPhone's mobile hotspot.

This is an invaluable investment for small businesses to have as a fail back router, as this actually functions as a router. Unlike the Jetpack/Hotspot devices you can buy that only act as access points. Devices connected to HooToo can actually see each other and communicate.

I have connected a desktop PC, my laptop, HP 8600 printer (which will wireless print using this device), as well as a PS3.

Everything worked like a charm, best little investment in a while.
on December 23, 2014
Very easy to use. I am able to read and write to USB sticks or hard drive connected to it. I no longer need to move the USB stick from PC to laptop and have several IPADS and tablets connected. Great product.
on December 22, 2014
I'm spending a lot of time in a hotel room at present and using this clever little device means that one high-speed connection is good enough for all my devices. Plus, I have lousy TV options... but now I can Chromecast and still use my laptop. Seriously... if you travel and need or want wifi, this thing is sweet.

It's also very easy to get up and running. There's a step-by-step setup guide included, but if you've ever set up a wireless network you won't need it for anything other than the admin screen URL, login, and password.