HooToo Wireless Travel Router, USB Port Media Streaming, Bridge Mode & Router Mode (Not a Hotspot), TripMate Nano
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.12. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Installation of 1 router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight & Portable Build: Weighing barely 1 oz, the travel router is easy to carry and store for secure network sharing and media streaming wherever you go
- Turn Wired Networks into Wireless: Built-in Ethernet port enables you to conveniently convert any cabled connection into a secured Wi-Fi network
- Secure Your Network: Integrated bridge functionality turns any public Wi-Fi into your own encrypted network for safer browsing at the hotel, the library, a coffee shop, etc.
- Wireless Media Streaming: Wirelessly share videos, photos, and music with all devices connected to your private network
- Free Up Your Devices’ Storage: Plug a USB flash drive into the TripMate Nano and wirelessly transfer photos and videos from your iOS / Android devices to free up precious internal storage, Please note: use the latest app: HooToo TripMate Plus.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sunvalley Brands||Amazon.com||Sunvalley Brands||GL Technologies||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||ethernet, wired, usb, wireless||wireless||wireless||Ethernet, Wireless||Wireless||Wireless|
|Data Transfer Rate||—||300 Mb per second||300 MB per second||300 MB per second||750 MB per second||150 Mb per second|
|Item Dimensions||—||2.2 x 2.2 x 0.7 in||2 x 9 x 13 in||2.28 x 2.28 x 0.98 in||5 x 6 x 6 in||0.9 x 2.9 x 2.6 in|
|Item Weight||—||7.2 ounces||4.96 ounces||1.38 ounces||1.71 lbs||2.12 ounces|
|Total LAN Ports||—||—||2||2||1||—|
|Wireless Compatibility||—||802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n||802.11 A/C, 802.11 a/b/g/n, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency||802.11bgn|
Lightweight & Portable Build
Featuring a miniature, compact, lightweight build that weighs barely 1 oz, the HooToo Travel Router is the type of tech that brings a large amount of perks while taking up very little space. Whether you’re headed to a holiday resort or simply to the coffee shop around the corner, take it with you for secure network sharing and media streaming.
Turn Wired Networks into Wireless
In an era of enhanced connectivity where wired networks are simply passé, the TripMate Nano is handier than ever by plugging into your wired / DSL modem and turning any wired connection into a more convenient Wi-Fi network.
Secure Your Network
With all the personal information that’s already accessible on the internet, the last thing you want is for this to fall into the wrong hands. The TripMate Nano bridges any existing public Wi-Fi to create your own encrypted, secured network so that you can enjoy safer browsing wherever you are.
Wireless Media Streaming
In addition to making it easier than ever to seamlessly share videos, photos, and music with all devices connected to your private network, the HooToo Travel Router provides a convenient way to free up your devices’ storage. Plug a USB flash drive into the TripMate Nano and wirelessly transfer photos and videos from your iOS / Android devices. Note: Media files downloaded from iTunes or other third party apps may not be transferred as these files are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected.
Please note: Use the latest app: HooToo TripMate Plus.
What’s In The Box:
1 x HooToo TripMate Nano (HT-TM02) 1 x USB Cable 1 x HooToo One Year Warranty 1 x User Guide
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Instead of being published by "HooToo", the Developer name is "NearbyExpress Tech" and the support email address is "email@example.com" - neither of which are the actual manufacturer, HooToo. It's makes you think somebody is publishing a lookalike app and you're about to get scammed or install malware. The support app for something like this should be published by the actual manufacturer (HooToo).
2. Installing this app warns you that it will require access to a deep range of your device permissions, far beyond what should be needed to set up and control a simple wifi hotspot like this. Especially given my concerns about the publisher, there is no way I am giving this app access to running apps, browsing history, bookmarks, my account info, my contacts, or my phone number / identity. For these reasons I refuse to install this app.
3. Finally, for the life of me I don't understand why this product is listed as "Not a hotspot". The packaging, in fact, literally says "not a hotspot" on one side and "can be a hotspot" on another side. What's it gonna be, people?
-- This thing is tiny! I attached a picture with the device next to a SD card. It is super small and easy to put in my suitcase.
-- I really like that I can plug in a thumb drive or portable hard drive. It makes it very nice and convenient for "cloud storage".
-- The power cord is micro usb. You can easily power this with a portable battery and there is no need to find an outlet. It also uses low power so it last forever.
-- I and my wife travel a lot. I found it super useful to convert a wired network to wireless. This is typically a problem these days but some hotels are really out of date.
-- We also went to the carribean and they wanted to charge us per device to use wi-fi. WHAT? With this little guy I was able to connect it to the wi-fi and then we connected to it to both be online. This make all the traffic come from one IP and no issues =)
This travel router is awesome. Small. Easy to use. I highly recommend it!
The interface is really easy to use and easy to go into the system and wifi settings to extend to wifi range, or change the SSID, or change the password. It is also easy to connect to the internet and put in all the settings there.
The other ways you can use it are ways I like to use it, you can connect this to either a powerbank or your car charger along with a flash drive or usb drive and stream movies to your devices while on the road. When you use the file/folder view you can browse all your media on this and play movies or audio from the app, the app will support avi, .mp4, .mkv and .m4v which is pretty much anything you will play. This will support up to multiple devices to play different videos. If you don't have a streaming service you can use this at home too and stream your own videos.
There is a trick to seeing your files in the videos/photos and music folders, I had to go into the services setting using the web interface and enable dlna while the flash drive or external hard drive is connected for my media to be separated out. I usually just use the file/folder setting.
Traveling: You can also use it to share your internet service if it is limited to one device. You can either connect it to the wireless in the room by going to the web site and adding the wifi in those settings or using the Ethernet port on the hootoo device.
Home use: This is a wonderful Wifi extender in the home. My router is in the basement and our Wifi doesn't extend to the top floor to watch movies or stream music, so we have the Hootoo on the main floor to extend the Wifi to the top floor, no more problems.
I enabled DLNA and was able to view and play my files from my Roku streaming stick, making this a wonderful travel companion. You can bring your hard drive connected to the Hootoo and watch movies on the road, in the plane and once you get to the hotel, connect your Roku to the hotel TV and you have all your movies.
If you don't have a Roku, the Hootoo app has built in Chromecast support. I was also able to stream to my Chromecast from the Hootoo app.
Great device for both home and on the road.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.