Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator!
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 8, 2017
We loved this story a lot. We had checked it out from the library and knew we needed to purchase it after reading it every night twice a night for 4 days straight.
The story is sweet and broken down into several short stories.
My daughter has enjoyed all of the Mo Willems that we have read so far.
If you like this book we also recommend "Goldilocks and the 3 Dinosaurs."
on November 24, 2015
I absolutely love this book. Its a really great story for kids to learn from and is really funny and fun to read. Plus its a great book for helping them learn to read. Its not exactly short and is a bit challenging but still easy enough for a 1st or 2nd grader to read.
on August 18, 2013
My daughter received this book as a gift, and we promptly "paid it forward" when we went to our next birthday party.

I find that many children's books have lovely illustrations, but the stories leave a lot to be desired. Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator! is a sweet, clever, funny story that is perfect for the toddler/preschool set, but also a pleasure for adults to read. The characters are simply adorable with a wonderfully imaginative point of view. Little lessons are embedded in the story without banging you over the head. And as a bonus: I love the chapter layout (each chapter is a couple pages long).
on October 17, 2017
well written book...of course, by Mo Willems. excellent author..a sheer joy to experience ....touching ending.
on October 16, 2017
Our 7 year old granddaughter loves this book and we do too. Sometimes she reads it to us and sometimes she wants to be the audience as we read to her. Amanda & Alligator's interactions are charming, funny and sweet. We are glad they are best friends and we get to laugh out loud at their antics.
on April 14, 2014
A very sweet story about friendship and how we should be open to it, when and where it comes. My three year old loves this book and we read it on a regular basis. He gets a big kick out lots of little details, like when Alligator is trying to eat Amanda's head. We always surprise tickle him with Alligator too. Classic Mo Willems wit with a bit more heart than some of his other characters.
on October 25, 2016
My first grade class loved the book! It is a great way to introduce reselling since the stories are very simple and short!
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 9, 2016
My favorite Mo Willems book! My kids love it and ask me to read it to them often. It's silly but has many important themes about friendship.
on August 25, 2013
Easy and simple read with not a lot of thought into the short stories. I liked it but not jazzed about reading this one to my daughter every week. It needed more meaning or substance, more poetry, or fun to make it come alive. Amanda's alligator is much more interesting than she is. Kind of a flat version of a Calvin and Hobbs with out the cleverness.
on January 14, 2016
SO FUNNY! My daughter (age 4) loves this book and it was her first introduction to the idea of chapters, even though we always read all the way through.