Hoover 5507-900 Elite Auto-Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bagless upright vacuum cleaner with powerful 12 amp motor
- 14-1/2-inch-wide cleaning path; 7 height settings; air-flow indicator; HEPA filter
- Headlight; 24-foot auto-rewind cord; stretch hose for extended reach
- Crevice wand, dusting brush/upholstery tool, and pet-hair tool included
- Measures 13 by 15 by 44 inches; 1-year warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless upright comes fully featured with a powerful 12 AMP Motor for excellent cleaning performance. A cord reel with a 24 foot cord makes cord management easy. It automatically rewinds with a push of a button for quick effortless storage. The bottom dump dirt cup with lid allows the user to never touch the dirt when dumping the contents. A wide 14.5 inch cleaning path for faster cleaning of your carpet. Comes with a lifetime Hepa Filter. Never need to buy or replace filters, ever.Also, the Air Flow indicator alerts the user to clean the filter to maintain peak performance.The deluxe stretch Hose with a full complement of tools including a Powered Pet Hair Cleaning Tool gives the user over 10 feet of reach.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Bagless. The dust holder removes easily, and empties out of the BOTTOM, so the dust and dirt and hair goes directly into the trash. Why didn't someone think of this sooner?
- Powerful. I did a once through with the Electrolux first, got some stuff, then went through my apartment with the Hoover. It found dirt the electrolux couldn't have after 50 passes.
- Floor settings. We have concrete floors, and this did a spectacular job on the hard surface. It also cleaned the dickens out of the carpet. Most vacuums just can't.
- It's light. It doesn't weigh much, rolls easily, and is simple for me and my girlfriend to both move around the apartment. A far cry from our previous model.
- Lifetime filter. No changing the filter, ever. Brilliant.
- Rewinding cord. It's super long, and rewinds very quickly. Much better than wrapping it around the handle like the old model. Great stuff, and powerful.
- The power button is in an awkward place. It's down low, but not at foot level. Weird.
In all, for the price, this is one of the best vacuums out there. I've owned several different makes and models, and this one has better features, cleans better, and is easier to empty than any of them. I highly recommend.
This is a fantastic design. It maneuvers and gets into tight spaces. The collection cannister is easy to empty without getting your hands dirty/dusty.
The rotating brush attachment is great. I used it to vacuum a white couch and was very happy with how clean this vacuum got it. It almost looked like I got the couch cleaned.
The retractable cord is a convenient feature.
And for and added bonus, this thing looks as good as it works. With its yellow accents, it looks like a Ferrari vacuum cleaner.
RELIABILITY UPDATE (January 8, 2008): I've had this vacuum cleaner for about 9 months now. It still works great. No problems. (Caveat: I only vacuum twice a month). I wonder if all the broken belts I'm reading about are because the unit's height setting is too low. If you can hear the motor laboring or if the bristles are fraying... probably.
One thing that scared me on the first day: there appears to be some kind of residue on the spinning bristles from the manufacturing process. On my very first use after assembly (easy), the bristles appeared to paint the carpet with the dirt sucked up from the carpet. There was a bristle design everywhere it went, and it was worse in the dirtier high traffic areas. I thought "oh, great, what kind of problem have I bought myself?" Just give it another few tries and that disappears.
Very happy with this. Admittedly I've only run it a handful of times but this is a great piece of work so far.
I guess my only complaint if I had to come up with one is that AMZN's price dropped by $8 between the time I placed my order and the time it was delivered, and has since gone up by almost $30 and is no longer directly sold by AMZN, so no free shipping. Put it in your wishlist and wait for AMZN to start selling it directly again.
* Retractable cord
* No bags and a lifetime HEPA filter (easy to empty bin)
* Strong suction (compared to my old bag-vacuum)
* Pet hair cleaning tool (powered brush)
* Compact size and not too heavy.
* No extension tool for long unreachable areas.
* On/Off switch at the foot is not convenient.
* Pet hair cleaning tool fall off easily from the attachment. A bit annoying.
Background: I first bought this from Best Buy after researching and asking a lot of questions to their staff. Then I this on Amazon for half the price I paid at Best Buy. So I bought it from Amazon again and returned the Best Buy one. Amazon Rocks!!
Most recent customer reviews
-Auto rewind functions great.Read more