- 3-position handle goes flat to pass under low clearance furnishings
- Takes type "A" bags, which comes in standard, allergen, and HEPA varieties for your convenience
- Allergen filtration picks up dust mites, mold spores, and more for easier breathing
- Powerful two brush agitator combs through the carpet for an efficient cleaning experience
- Non-marking furniture guard protects furniture and walls from scuffing
Hoover C1404 Elite Lightweight Commercial Upright Vacuum with 35-Foot Power Cord, 7.10 Amp
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Specifications for this item
|Number of Items||1|
|UPC||073502023792 , 073502014493|
|Brand Name||Hoover Commercial|
|EAN||0073502014493 , 0073502023792|
|Global Trade Identification Number||00073502023792|
|Item Weight||14.0 pounds|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Hoover C1404 Elite Lightweight Commercial Upright Vacuum with 35-Foot Power Cord, 7.10 Amp
Hoover Commercial CH53005 TaskVac Hard-Bagged Lightweight Upright Vacuum, 13-Inch
Oreck Commercial U2000R-1 Commercial 8 Pound Upright Vacuum with Helping Hand Handle, 40' Power Cord
Hoover Commercial CH53010 TaskVac Bagless Lightweight Upright Vacuum, 13-Inch
Oreck Commercial U2000RB1 U2000RB-1 Commercial Upright Vacuum, 120 V, Red/Gray, 12 1/2 x 9 1/4 x 47 3/4
Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner with 5 Amp Motor, 12" Cleaning Path
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Clean It Supply||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||13.38 x 21.38 x 9.5 in||16.54 x 12.6 x 32.28 in||—||15.75 x 11.81 x 31.89 in||13 x 35 x 5.5 in||14.57 x 19.69 x 7.48 in|
|Item Weight||14 lbs||18.5 lbs||8 lbs||17.25 lbs||8 lbs||0.96 ounces|
Unlike bagless units, the C1404 requires dust bags. Bagged vacuum cleaners tend to have better suction and offers simple, dustless cleanup. The C1404's compatible type "A" bags comes in standard, allergen, and HEPA varieties. You don't have to worry about scuffing the furniture or walls with the C1404's furniture guard feature. It also offers a 3-position handle that goes flat to pass under low clearance furnishings. The C1404' is a lightweight upright vacuum with commercial power and weighs only 11.5 lbs. It can be easily carried over stairs and maneuver around tight corners. Great for individuals with allergies or sensitivities towards allergens, the C1404 upright commercial vacuum cleaner offers allergen filtration on top of the option of using an allergen or HEPA dust bag.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
whose skill in cleaning and rejuvenating my carpet is phenomenal.
It is a simple, uncomplicated machine without
bells and whistles; does a great job of removing
pet hair and at the same time makes my 25 year old
carpet look almost brand new. And a bonus feature
is that it is light weight. Highly recommended.
PROS (for it's intended purpose)
1) It's got a really powerful motor. It starts sucking up dirt a few inches before the vacuum head even reaches it.
2) It's got a very aggressive beater bar, which is perfect for this type of heavy traffic carpeting.
3) It still works well on the hard surface flooring. It'd probably scrape up real hardwood, but it does great on laminate floors, tile, etc.
4) You don't have to vacuum an area twice. One pass is all you need.
5) When you have 3 hours of vacuuming per night, you're gonna be glad it's only about ten pounds.
6) Bags are cheap, last a really long time, and are easy to change. Forget canisters, they're a horribly inefficient gimmick. Those commercials always show you how easy it is to empty the canister, but they always forget to mention that you will have between 1 and 3 filters to clean on a constant basis. Stick to bags, canisters are not easier.
1) Doesn't really bother me, but it's noisy. It's slightly less noisy than a blender. It's definitely an after-hours vacuum.
2) Man...I wish that power cord was like five feet longer.
High traffic? Lots of square footage? Daily Use? Don't need on-board tools?
This is the serious vacuum you need.
Do I want:
So I took Tim Ferriss's advice; and instead of insane amount of research; I asked someone that knew what they were talking about; specifically a hotel manager. I vacuum about once every two weeks; and so I would think that almost any vacuum would be fine; but what about a place like a hotel, that vacuums 1000+ rooms at least once a day? So I asked him, and he said first off; nobody uses a bagless, because the filters in a bagless was about the size of a golfball. Second, they are insanely heavy, and not very maneuverable.
At his hotel, this is the vacuum of choice; it's light, sucks well, and uses standard bags.
I've owned it for 3 years now; I own 2 restaurants and they both use it as well. Once in a while, at the restaurant, it breaks because there is greasy food stuck in it; but once you clean it out; it goes again.
I love this vacuum and wouldn't ever trade it for a Dysan. It feels cheap at first glance, but it's not suppose to be art, it's a commercial vacuum that sucks and sucks and sucks, does it's job without complaint, and does it well.
Things I love about it:
~Uber long cord
~The fact that the cord is life preserver orange, so you don't trip over it
~Standard A bags
~Very easy to clean and fix
~Great Suction power
~Has a handle so its easy to lift
~Not a billion accessories that fall off
~Super light, and easy to push
If I had one complaint, it would be this: (And I hope Hoover is reading this)
If they had made the cord winder lip rotate-able, it would be perfect. What I mean is, when I have the cord wound, I can rotate that lip down, and I can unwind and remove all the cord in one shot, instead of having to unwind it turn by turn. A few vacuums have this feature; it seems trivial, but it would have made this vacuum just perfect.
I don't have pets so I cannot comment on picking up pet hair; but I do have 2 kids under the age of 3, and this works great.
As far as bags, I find them to be cleaner than bagless; my previous vacuum was bagless; and emptying the canister was horrible; the plume of smoke of all the gunk you just vacuumed up, in the air and in your lungs. With the bag, you just throw it all away.
The other thing that they don't tell you is; the bag __IS__ the filter; so you have in terms of square inches; a few hundred times bigger surface of filtration than a bagless.
3 Year later, my vacuum is still going strong, nothing is broken on it, and I still love it.
Most recent customer reviews
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets