- 3-position handle goes flat to pass under low clearance furnishings
- Takes type "A" bags, which comes in standard, allergen, and HEPA varieties for your convenience
- Allergen filtration picks up dust mites, mold spores, and more for easier breathing
- Powerful two brush agitator combs through the carpet for an efficient cleaning experience
- Non-marking furniture guard protects furniture and walls from scuffing
Hoover C1404 Elite Lightweight Commercial Upright Vacuum with 35-Foot Power Cord, 7.10 Amp
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Hoover Commercial|
|Number of Items||1|
|UPC||073502023792 , 073502014493|
|EAN||0073502014493 , 0073502023792|
|Item Weight||14 pounds|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
whose skill in cleaning and rejuvenating my carpet is phenomenal.
It is a simple, uncomplicated machine without
bells and whistles; does a great job of removing
pet hair and at the same time makes my 25 year old
carpet look almost brand new. And a bonus feature
is that it is light weight. Highly recommended.
I was delighted to see that Hoover still makes the exact same vacuum cleaner and that it is still made in the USA. We had bought the top rated Hoover Windtunnel Bagless three years ago and it's been in for repairs five times - two on/off switches, a burned out motor, a shorted cord and a broken self-propelled switch. I've replaced both belts five times in three years, three sets of expensive HEPA filters and frankly, it's a pain to empty. And, it's made in China. It doesn't clean all that well, losing lots of suction within minutes of use because the HEPA filter is getting clogged. I will never own another bagless vac and if Hoover stops making units in the USA, then I'll never own another Hoover.
I happy to say that this machine performs as flawlessly as my old one did thirty-five years ago. I think the only reason they've slapped the commercial label on it is because it is so utilitarian looking with no bells or whistles. However what is does exceptionally well is CLEAN. Before I took the Windtunnel to its final resting place at the dump, I thoroughly vacuumed our family room twice. Then I went back over it with this Elite and was amazed at how much additional dirt and dog hair it picked up. To be fair, I then went over it again with the Windtunnel where it picked up nothing.Read more ›
PROS (for it's intended purpose)
1) It's got a really powerful motor. It starts sucking up dirt a few inches before the vacuum head even reaches it.
2) It's got a very aggressive beater bar, which is perfect for this type of heavy traffic carpeting.
3) It still works well on the hard surface flooring. It'd probably scrape up real hardwood, but it does great on laminate floors, tile, etc.
4) You don't have to vacuum an area twice. One pass is all you need.
5) When you have 3 hours of vacuuming per night, you're gonna be glad it's only about ten pounds.
6) Bags are cheap, last a really long time, and are easy to change. Forget canisters, they're a horribly inefficient gimmick. Those commercials always show you how easy it is to empty the canister, but they always forget to mention that you will have between 1 and 3 filters to clean on a constant basis. Stick to bags, canisters are not easier.
1) Doesn't really bother me, but it's noisy. It's slightly less noisy than a blender. It's definitely an after-hours vacuum.
2) Man...I wish that power cord was like five feet longer.
High traffic? Lots of square footage? Daily Use? Don't need on-board tools?
This is the serious vacuum you need.
Update: It's been about 1-1/2 years since my first review and I still LOVE this vacuum!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
WE used it to death... vacuumed 3 times per day for close to 2 years....VERY LOUD.Published 9 months ago by Lanie's moma
I did not realize that it did not have any accessories, like a hose. Can you recommend anything from your inventory. Otherwise, the vacuum cleaner does its job very well. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Elfriede M.
This was an unexpected good find. Inexpensive, light weight and sucks like a banshee. I change bags a lot. It does a good job.Published 17 months ago by Indiana John
worst vacuum ever and so noisy my puppies cry and hold their ears!!Published 18 months ago by patricia tankersley
I have had this vacuum for close to a year now and am very pleased with the performance. We have three dogs and a very busy household that needs care almost every day. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Anne Moum
I have only had this vacuum cleaner for 18 months and it is now garbage. The belt breaks easily and then when yout ry to change it, it is not very friendly. Read morePublished 21 months ago by phyllis ledet
It does the job without any headaches, easy to handle, and powerfull.Published 23 months ago by Godess Helena
My wife cleans houses and offices. This unit does a good job ,but only lasts one year. We purchased 3 different one so far over 3 years. Read morePublished on July 6, 2014 by GROUND HOG