Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on November 27, 2012
I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. It was really easy to use and made my carpets super clean. I was disgusted by the black water that came out of this- making me realize I should have shampooed long before this. It took a long time, mainly because I had to keep emptying the dirty water tank. What I found is that in areas where I didn't vacuum as well, the filter clogged really fast, forcing me to need to dump out the tank more frequently than I should have. This is mostly because my vacuum needs to be replaced. I used a lot more detergent than I thought I would need- a full gallon for one large room. I would recommend this for someone looking for an easy to use, low-cost, DIY shampooer. I think I will probably use this pretty regularly since it is so simple.
on September 6, 2013
Look, this little machine is not for some great, big McMansion - call COIT for that. I live in a 1 bdrm. apt. and I love my Hoover Carpet Cleaner. I don't have kids or dogs, but I do have cats and with cats come barfed-up fur balls, so I love the fact that it has the hose attachment for spot cleaning (technically its for upholstery, but its a free country, right?). I also love the fact that the machine has a brush roller for scrubbing. The best part is the suction - it leaves the carpet practically dry, so it dries thoroughly in about an hour. I also like its small size - it fits in the hall closet WITH the vacuum! All these reviewers w/their complaints about small capacity and how it doesn't clean their nasty kid & dog messed up carpet need to either buy a bigger machine or hire a professional. Heck, I even hire COIT once-a-yr. for a deep-cleaning (that takes 24hrs. to dry!), but use this little machine every other month or so for maintenance. This little machine is made for a single person like me, who lives in a small space and doesn't make a lot of dirt. Different strokes for different folks, and all I can say is I'm glad Hoover makes a little machine for folks like me, and I love it!

UPDATED REVIEW: I bought this little gem in 2012 and its still going strong as of 2015 - never gave me a day's worry & haven't even needed to use the replacement belt it came with! I recommended it to a friend who came here to Amazon to order it, only to find:
a] All these negative reviews from people living in McMansions w/5 kids & a dozen dogs - dude, anyone with that sq. footage & level of dirt needs to just spend the cash to get a bigger machine or pay a professional. Stop hating on something meant for small spaces & little messes. Common sense, people!
b] Its now $199 (I paid $99 for it) and is offered from some other retailer via Amazon.
For anyone wanting this little gem (remember, its not recommended for a slob living in a McMansion with a bunch of kids & dogs) you can get it directly from the Hoover website for $109. As for myself, if it ever wears out, I'd buy another one - its perfect for a small space and is so lightweight, it doesn't kill my back to use it.
on November 14, 2013
The cleaner is indeed quicker and lighter to use than when I have rented Rug Doctors in the past. This machine makes me think I could clean my carpets one a month as opposed to my usual bi-annual schedule! It uses much less water/cleaning solution per pass than I expected, so I was worried that the carpet wouldn't be that clean. However, I guess that the machine really puts that small amount to work. The dirty water in the catch container was utterly soiled and the the carpet was pleasantly clean and new looking. It is also simple to put together, and easy to take apart to clean and dry before storing. There were only two inconveniences I ran into. 1) It didn't come with an instruction manual, but I was able to locate and download one off of Hoover's Web page using the model # FH50035. 2) The darn attachment hoses come unclipped repeatedly while I'm pushing and pulling the machine around. I ended up just detaching them and tossing them to the side while I worked, which I'll end up continuing to do for each use. All in all, a great machine to ease a tedious task and a fantastic price for the results.
on June 19, 2013
I love this rug cleaner. It replaced a 10 year old cleaner and does a superb job of cleaning the rugs. I hope it lasts as long as the old one did.
Easy to fill with the hot water and solution and easy to empty the recovery jug.
on March 11, 2012
Pretty bad, it's difficult to not trip the full tank float valve unless you move the machine across the carpet very slowly. Even the slightest amount of foam will be sucked into the motor and ruin it prematurely.

The slight foam that I did experience was caused while using Hoover shampoo, so I wasn't using anything that one would expect a foam buildup from. The solution tank's fill hole is awkwardly placed in a way that's a bit difficult to pour the solution into. I'd keep looking if I were considering this machine, and I regret my purchase.
on April 25, 2013
It was easy to assemble, is just the right size for our condo, is easy to fill and empty and was full of dirty water when emptied. At $103.00 it was a great purchase.
on October 8, 2012
I decided to purchase this because it is much lighter than the one I have. It is a decent cleaner and serves it's purchase. I like the idea of the handheld part as I have 2 full flights of stairs and it worked wonders on them. All in all not bad for a lightweight cleaner. It's not going to do the job as the heavy duty ones will do but for a quick cleanup it's fine. At least I can lift it and carry it around easily.
on December 3, 2013
Overall I am very pleased with this carpet Cleaner. I had a Bissell and this one cleans much better. Not sure I will use the gazillion attachments, as I do not have stairs. Putting it together was moderately easy (I never understand why the instructions are written like the tax code). I do like the fact that the cleaner automatically shuts off when the tank is full - that is so much better than having it spill over and "then you know." For the price, it was just what I required.
on January 26, 2014
They substituted another model, which I wasn't aware they would be doing until I actually got it in the mail and even then, I didn't realize the swap until I had discarded the box and noticed I was short the upholstery attachments - one of the big reasons I had ordered THIS item. I kept the one they sent, but will always be disappointed. My advice is be sure you read any notices you get when ordering this. I'm sure I must have gotten a heads-up that it was out of stock, but must of skipped over it not realizing its importance. My bad.
on May 7, 2013
I have dogs who track all manner of stuff through the house. This cleaner works good (not great) for the price. I do, however, have to go over my heavy traffic areas 2 and sometimes 3 times in order to get them close to clean.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.