Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac with Clean Surge Carpet Cleaner Machine F5914900
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clean Surge Control - fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas
- Exclusive SpinScrub Technology- 360 degree cleaning gently loosens dirt and cleans all sides of carpet and upholstery fibers
- 3-Speed Brushroll Control - High for normal cleaning, low for gentle cleaning, off for spill pick-up
- SmartTanks System - separate tanks for clean and dirty water, so you can easily fill, empty and rinse each tank individually
- Powerful 12-amp Motor - has all the power needed to get floors truly clean
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Tool Mode Stops Spinning Brushes
- Removable Brushes
- Heated Drying
- Powerful 12-amp Motor
- Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge
Fingertip Clean Surge function for spot and heavy traffic areas
Never rent a heavy machine again! Hoover SpinScrub rotating brushes groom carpet fibers from all sides to lift away dirt and grime, so you can deep clean carpets and upholstery any time you need to. Pull the trigger on stubborn stains by applying extra detergent with Clean Surge.
Includes 16 ounce bottle of Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet and Upholstery Detergent.
Multi-directional brushes surround carpet fibers, to remove dirt at every angle.
Easy-to-fill tanks keep cleaning solution and dirty water separate.
SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool
Puts hard-to-reach cleaning in the palm of your hand: perfect for stairs, upholstery and stains.
|SteamVac Carpet Washer with Clean Surge||Max Extract Dual V WidePath Carpet Washer||Max Extract All-Terrain Carpet Washer||Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer||Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner||Max Extract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet and Hard Floor Deep Cleaner|
|3-Speed Brushroll Control||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Edge Cleaning Bristles||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Weight||20 lbs.||27 lbs.||30 lbs.||18.1 lbs.||21.9 lbs.||22.5 lbs.|
|Multi-Floor Cleaning Capabilities||✔||✔|
|Tools||SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool||SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Upholstery Tool and Removable Tool Caddy||SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Upholstery Tool and Squeegee||SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Stair Tool, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, 16 oz. Solution and Mesh Tool Storage Bag||Upholstery Tool and 16 oz Solution||SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Upholstery Tool|
'HOOVER F5914-900 steamvac with clean surge. Patented spin scrub brushes scrub carpet fibers on all sides to gently loosen dirt, heated cleaning directly applies heat to the floor where it’s needed the most, 2-speed brush control for normal or gentle cleaning, clean surge provides the power to clean spots & heavy traffic areas, 2-tank system keeps clean water & dirty water separate, no belts to change, break or replace, spin scrub hand tool easily cleans upholstery, stairs & spots, 12-amp motor, includes 16 oz Hoover deep cleansing detergent, 1-year warranty
Compare with similar items
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150
Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, Extracts Dirt and Removes Tough Pet Stains and Odors, Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office
Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine, 86T3
Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V All Terrain Hardwood Floor and Carpet Cleaner Machine F7452900PC
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||14.19 x 19.5 x 30 in||13.94 x 20.81 x 22.25 in||16.25 x 23.75 x 26.75 in||14.25 x 22.75 x 28 in||11 x 20.5 x 42.25 in||15.75 x 20.25 x 29.19 in|
|Item Weight||29.1 lbs||25.75 lbs||4 ounces||37 lbs||—||37.42 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's very easy to use and not too hard to clean. Because I'm apparently a moron, it took me a little while to understand that pulling the trigger makes the liquid spray out. which is actually really convenient so you're not wasting liquid on areas that don't need it.
I highly recommend! I'm including a photo that shows my in-progress cleaning. You can see how nasty the carpet was (kind of, photo doesn't do it justice) and how it looked after being cleaned. There really was barely a trace of the spots after cleaning them. I took the photo at night with a flash, not the best photo ever but you get the idea...
I tested it out on a spot before going crazy around the rest of the house and was highly impressed, works like a charm. Now, I'm not sure of the life expectancy of these things, but our last one (not of the same brand, two times the price) failed a year or so in without much use, which made me hesitant to get a new steam cleaner in the first place. I'll probably come back to this review in a couple of months to make sure everything's A-OK.
I have yet to tackle the main problem spots in the house, but I did tackle this nasty little spot in front of the door. One swipe and it already made an impact. Finished up the little 3x3 area and dumped out the water to see how bad it was, my goodness I could've had a swamp in my bathtub.
If you want something to use around the house without draining your wallet, I highly suggest this.
After a day, my rug started to smell "sour". I really didn't have the money to shell out a $1000 for new carpet and I didn't want to file a homeowners claim. So I decided to actually try to clean the rug with shampoo. The brushes really got deep down and pulled a lot more dirt out of the carpet as well as most of the remaining water. The suction on this cleaner is amazing. It is super easy to assemble and use. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality carpet cleaner. The dirty water tank and the shampoo tanks are very easy to empty and reinstall.
Easy to assemble
Great suction to pull all the dirt out of your carpet
Price was good
Cleans very well
The dirty water tanks fills up very quickly. It holds one gallon. So you have to empty it often.
Paid $170 at Best Buy. This is my first carpet cleaner so I have nothing to compare it to except my own expectations. Even though the name is SteamVac, like all the others in this class of cleaners, there is no Steam to it. That's just false marketing, but all the manufacturers do it, so no particular knock on Hoover.
First, let me say I'm ashamed to admit that our carpet hadn't been cleaned in 4 years, and that we live in the country where lots of dirt gets tracked in from outside. So the carpet was pretty darn dirty. The Hoover F5914-900 did a very nice job the first time I used it - a drastically noticeable difference in the appearance of the carpet. The water in the dirty water receptacle was black. Did it return the carpet to new condition? No, impossible. Did it take another treatment or two to really get it clean? Yes, that is the price I pay for ignoring wet-cleaning the carpet for years. One of this cleaner's best features is the ability to dry the carpet quite thoroughly. Since the front of the machine is made of clear plastic, you can see when you're vacuuming up water. If you want to dry the carpet as much as possible, keep vacuuming until you no longer see water being pulled up. As time has passed, the SteamVac has done an excellent job of maintaining my carpets.
My only gripe is that the dirty water container fills up too quickly and should be a little bigger. Ideally, the dirty water receptacle "should" be full right as you run out of clean water. Then, you shut down, empty the dirty water, refill the clean water and back to work. But this process gets out-of-sync with the dirty water receptacle filling up before you run out of clean water. So this can be a little inconvenient, but not a show-stopper.
The machine is well constructed but it IS plastic, with lots of compartments and latches and hose holders, etc, so one must simply be careful or those things will no doubt break off.
A few other notes:
1. If you are not the type to read manuals, do read this one. Assembly and operation are easy if you sit down and read the manual through before starting. It's not like a vacuum cleaner where you just plug it in and go.
2. My machine leaked badly BUT it was my own fault. There is a one-time only setup procedure where you squeeze the trigger and push the Clean-Surge button to lock a rod into place. Push the Clean-Surge button firmly. There may be a loud SNAP which sounds like you broke something, but you didn't. Until you get that snap, the Clean-Surge (which releases extra water-cleaner solution) is on all the time, hence the leaking. I didn't push the button hard enough initially, so I had the leak problem.
EDIT December 2007
Apparently many people are assuming that without a loud snap, the Clean Surge will not work. All that matters is that your machine doesn't leak. If your SteamVac doesn't leak, it is assembled properly and the Clean Surge will work!!! The only reason I emphasized the "snap" was because so many people were having leak problems, which are easily solved. And it's possible that Hoover has changed the design after getting so many returns from people who didn't read the instructions in the manual. So don't get hung up on the snap. If your machine does leak after assembly, you know what to do.
3. ANY time it seems like there is no suction, the problem is that something is not seated properly. It is easy to snap the lid onto the dirty water container without lining it up properly, which causes a vacuum leak. If there is a vacuum leak, there is no suction at the bottom of the machine, where it is needed to suck up water from the carpet. Plus you'll see that the brushes aren't turning, as they're driven by vacuum. So recheck the dirty water lid. Carefully line up the hinges at the back. The front should snap closed very easily. If you have to force it a little to snap it closed, it means the back is not aligned properly and you'll get no suction.
4. If you have velvet or velvetine furniture, do NOT use the powered tool, use the utility tool. The powered tool is too strong for delicate fabric.
5. Like others have suggested, find a cheap alternative to the Hoover brand carpet detergent. One gallon of water doesn't clean a lot of carpet, and at 5 oz of soap per gallon, you go thru it fast.
6. Always be sure to dry vacuum your carpet with a regular vacuum cleaner first before using this machine to wash it. Be sure to remove and clean the brushes when you're done using this machine. Otherwise hair, thread, and balled up carpet fibers will dry on them and between them. Then the brushes won't turn. These are not "use and put away" machines like vacuum cleaners, they're "use, clean, and put away".
7. Here's something I do which you *might* want to try. For a very dirty carpet, I fill a cheap plastic 2 gallon watering can (or smaller for a smaller carpet) with hot water and a tablespoon or 2 of Oxy Clean. I then sprinkle the carpet heavily, being careful not to soak it. Then use the Hoover normally. Of course, this fills up the waste water receptacle long before the soapy water container is empty, but it still saves trips to the sink to load up on clean, soapy water.
8. Others have suggested using boiling water. Not for me, thanks. Too dangerous to handle and unnecessary, unless you've spilled or tracked in grease.
After reading countless reviews here, I have concluded that the problems people have encountered are from failing to properly set up the machine initially, failing to seat the dirty water lid properly, or failing to clean the machine after use. I recommend this Hoover. It won't perform miracles, but I think if it is not abused it will last a long time and do an excellent job of maintaining a carpet.