Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Windtunnel MAX Bagged Corded...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 63% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Windtunnel MAX Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum UH30600
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Exclusive Wind Tunnel 3 technology - creates three channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- Clean-Drop Bags - one simple touch releases the full bag directly into the trash, so you never have to touch the dirty bag
- Brushroll On/Off Pedal - control for use on bare floors and automatically turns off when in the upright storage/tool use position
- 30 Foot Cord - vacuum a large room without re-plugging
- Includes a Telescoping Extension Wand to extend the reach of the stretch hose, 12-Inch Crevice Tool to clean cracks and crevices with precision, Upholstery/Dusting Brush to clean furniture and a Air-Powered Hand Tool to for stairs
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The new Hoover Windtunnel Max bagged upright is amped up with the features that matter most to you. Windtunnel MAX Technology offers 3 channels of suction that remove dirt with less scatter. You can clean quickly and efficiently with up to 17 feet of above the floor cleaning reach, seven floor settings for every floor type, and a 15 inch wide nozzle that devours anything in its cleaning path. For people with allergies, a bagged option offers excellent filtration. The nature of the bag itself keeps dirt contained. Requiring minimal maintenance, each Hoover Windtunnel Max Bagged Upright comes with two bags made with HEPA media that utilize the Clean Drop bag system, which allows you to dispose of a full bag without ever touching it.
Compare to similar items
This item Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Windtunnel MAX Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum UH30600
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$26.99|
|Item Dimensions||12.3 x 16 x 32.6 in||12.38 x 17 x 32.5 in||8.75 x 16.25 x 39.38 in||12 x 16 x 44 in||12.38 x 17 x 32.5 in||14.5 x 16 x 35 in|
|Item Weight||14.99 lbs||15 lbs||18 lbs||21.1 lbs||15.9 lbs||—|
|Additional Features||corded, bagged, HEPA filtration||WindTunnel Technology||Self-Propelled||Corded, Bagless, HEPA filtration||corded, bagged, HEPA filtration||bagged, HEPA filtration, pet hair|
Top Customer Reviews
Pros - As other reviewers had commented, this thing will suck the nails out of the floorboards! It is really remarkable how strong this vacuum cleaner is. Wand is convenient, and easy to use. Unit has a relatively low profile, so doesn't take up a great deal of closet space...Most importantly, it does a great job!
Cons - Wish it came with more attachments, but that would probably make it bulkier. It was an adjustment to get used to changing the floor setting from carpet to bare floor, especially since we have several area rugs...It does not have an auto rewind cord, so that's a bit of a bother, but what do you expect for under $200...
I will also compare this model to the Hoover Wind Tunnel T series rewind UH70120 (bagless) upright vacuum.
I bought the bagless Hoover from Amazon 12 months ago. As of today it is the highest rated bagless upright on consumer reports.
The bagged Hoover Max is in the top 10 of bagged uprights on consumer reports and marked as a best buy.
Both are 12 amp.
PROS for the Max Bagged:
1. It REALLY cleans deep down. Even on the highest setting, which I do not normally use, it left deep vacuum marks on the carpet. It cleans better than the bagless. However, it is sucking up the dirt with so much suction that it is almost difficult to maneuver the vacuum cleaner. You have to muscle it.
2. The attachment hose is about 4 feet longer than on the bagless model I have.
3. The power cord is 29 feet on the Max.
4. It picks up pet hair really well.
5. It has 2 filters. No dust blew around at all during use.
6. It worked fine on a bare floor.
PROs for the bagless:
1. The bagless vacuum is cheaper to purchase and you don't need to buy bags ever (just filters).
2. It is easier to vacuum with. It pushes easier. The height adjustment turns easier. It is almost runs along the carpet by itself.
3. It picks up pet hair very well. It does a fine job cleaning.
4. It has a cord rewinder.
5. The bagless has a washable filter at the top of the canister and a hepa filter at the bottom of the canister.
CONS for the Max Bagged:
1. 2 bags cost $7.44 on Amazon right now and it is not eligible for prime shipping.
2. No cord retractor
3. Hard to maneuver and adjust the vacuum because the suction is so strong. (strong suction is obviously a positive thing as well)
4. You can turn off the brushroll so that it uses suction only for bare floors or high carpet. I tried this on some throw rugs. It worked fine on one with rubber backing but it would not work on a throw rug without rubber backing. I could not move the vacuum cleaner at all.
CONS for the bagless:
1. It's a royal pain to clean the dirt out of the canister. Dust goes all over the place. You get dirty.
2. The cord is too short and the attachment hose is REALLY too short.
3. It's a good thing to have a washable filter but it's also a pain to wash it. Then you have to let it dry before you can put it back into the vacuum.
So in conclusion, I think the bagless is more environmentally friendly and easier to vacuum with and much cheaper over the long run. However the bagged Max cleans dirt out of carpets better than the bagless vacuum and the bagged Max is easier to maintain.
After careful research here and in Consumer Reports, we decided to find a bagged vacuum under $200. In that price category, this Hoover is a great buy based on our first experiences with it. Despite being similar in specs (both 12-amp, bagged, etc.) the difference between the Hoover and our old vacuum made both my wife and I laugh out loud when we first tried the new one. It is astonishing how poorly our old one was performing. Hopefully this one will stay strong and problem-free over time. I will report back if anything bad happens.
Thus far we have used the new vac to clean the whole house a couple times, including stairs and attachment use. My time is valuable and limited, so making the effort to leave this review says that I'm pretty pleased with my purchase.
PRO - very strong suction, spinning brush head on hose attachment (works by air-power--better than expected), feels light when in use, power button is easy to reach with thumb. The on/off for the brush bar works great. We ordered extra belts to have on hand. They are actual rubber belts as compared to the weird ribbon belt that the Eureka uses. The bag comes out attached to the front panel of the vac, which you can then carry serving tray style to the trash bin--no trying not to squeeze the bag while removing it for fear of dust billowing out. Also, the wheels are rubber and there is a good rubber strip around the edge of the vacuum head to protect furniture.
CON - no review should be totally without some criticism. The hose extension wand is a two-piece affair that can be extended and turn-locked. The locking mechanism is a friction design and is pretty weak, even when new, and tends to allow the wand to collapse if you push too hard against something when using the crevice tool or other attachment. It isn't as good as two connecting wand parts that cannot collapse. It isn't a terrible problem, but if you do a *ton* of hose/wand work, you may want to try before you buy. That is the only thing our old Eureka did better than this Hoover.
We have newer carpet that has been vacuumed many times with our old vac. After using the new one, I couldn't believe how much carpet fiber was picked up that the old machine left behind. I went through two bags the first time I used it, so it doesn't just seem to be more powerful, it really is.
I added a product image showing old and new.
Update 7 months after purchase: Still going strong, and I like it enough to take the time to return for an update. The front collector tends to clog a bit with carpet fibers and such, but there are three easy clips to remove the bottom plate, allowing for easy clean-out using the attachment hose. Also, the front is clear so you can easily see if this maintenance is needed. We're still very happy with this upright vacuum cleaner.
I wish vacuums were made with a larger bag and/or a bag compartment that allowed use of the whole bag. This seems to be common among all cleaners, so it's either a design requirement or a way to sell more bags, I'm not sure. Maybe a weight concern? Regardless, more bag capacity one way or another would be nice.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets