Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hoover Air Purifier Filters, AH60015
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on January 19, 2012
I purchased a Hoover Air Purifier about 5 months ago. Over time I would take the filter out, wash the pre-filter, and try and shake out dust from the Hepa filter. I thought I could keep this up for a year or so. I run my filter on "auto" 24/7. It usually just sits in stage 1 unless I'm sweeping or the dog is running around. I have hardwood floors throughout my home so the dust and dog hair travel around a lot. The purifier works great and really helps!

I saw this replacement filter on Amazon at a decent price so I picked it up and switched out my old filter. I was amazed that the next morning the air seemed fresher and cleaner. I really didn't think it was that bad and I didn't think changing the filter would make a huge difference, but it did. I will keep buying these from Amazon at the $24.99 price and replace my filter every 5-6 months. As it now is winter the house seems dusty and stuffy and this filter greatly helps. I also have a wood fireplace which kicks up some smoke/ash and the Hoover Air Purifier and Hepa filter work great.

The filter and the Hoover Air Purifier are highly recommended!
on February 16, 2013
I have had no problems with these filters, but they don't last the 5-6 months in my house that previous reviewers have said they got out of them. I live in a house with smokers and three cats, so I didn't expect these filters to last that long though. I get about 2-3 months out of them before they start becoming ineffective. So if you live in a smoky, pet filled house, don't expect these to last you more than 2-3 months.

Other than not lasting as long, they are fine.
on January 4, 2013
I studied many different air purifiers on the Market and only after much research did I find the Hover Air purifier. I own an apartment complex and after Hurricane Sandy, the Sewer System backed up and overflowed onto a concrete floor. The resulting contamination was horrible, sludge about an inch high over the entire floor of the worst smelling black water you could imagine. I called Serve Pro to clean up the majority of the problem and disinfect the affected area. But I was concerned there might be residual bacteria and viruses. Hence I sought a powerful air purifier system. Absolutely essential was the need for Ultra Violet - C wavelength light and a Titanium oxide grid to kill/disintegrate viruses and bacteria. I described this air purifier was to an Environmental Engineer with a PE in the science and he commented that this particular unit was well able to remove air born contaminates and I believe him since he has a PhD from Drexel University and his thesis focused on UC-C Titanium Oxide air scrubbers. Additionally the air purifier has a switch activated air ionizer, a True Hepa Filter and a Charcoal Filter to remove odors fro the air. I ran the filter in the affected area, approximately 15 ft x 6 ft x 8 ft and it left the air smelling clean as a spring day. The unit provides excellent feedback about the quality of the air, the LCD console is normally backlit blue when the air quality is acceptable. The LCD backlight changes to amber and the fan speed increases when harmful contaminants are detected. When the air quality is poor, the fan speed increases to max and the backlight glows red in color. I usually keep the air purifier in auto mode and the unit detects the quality fo the air and it will change the fan speed as needed, but I can easily set the fan speed to low, med or high, I usually choose auto and let the unit select the appropriate fan speed. The Unit passes the air through a. an Ionizer, b. a Charcoal filter, c. a True Hepa Hilter, d UV chamber that is in contact with a TI O2 screen. Bottom Line, this air purifier is exceptional and far out performs all the other air purifiers for the money. It also includes a remote control that uses an infra red transmitter. I recommend this unit and would buy it again. I came from Amazon.com on time and in perfect condition.
We purchased three of the Hoover air cleaners and find they are fantastic (I am not going to review the purifier here however). During the last two years, we purchased at least 12 of the filters (for the three units).

These replacement filters make a tremendous difference. They are very well constructed (one noted issue- read on) and are designed very well. After replacement you will notice an almost immediate difference. There are two issues with the replacement filters however. First, in my experience, they simply do not last as long as many indicate they should. I get a few months from them- at most. Of course, the results may vary from user environment to user environment. Second, if you are using the filter in a high moisture environment, you may run into the same problem I did in which the charcoal portion of the filter disintegrates rapidly. Specifically, the netting charcoal enclosure will fall apart and the charcoal may come out. This will not cause any damage to the unit and is easily cleaned up however.

Overall- I would (and do) buy the genuine replacements.
on February 26, 2015
I hadnt bought a replacement filter for 2 years. I cleaned the spongey thing and brushed off the main filter but didnt think about replacing it. a month ago, i bought a new one and was surprised as all get out that it was white. mine was dark grey and it had been so long ago that i didnt remember that it started out white. so today, a month later, i took the filter out to see what was happening and was shocked beyond belief that the main filter was dark grey already. i got the dyson out and tried to vacuum out the dark stuff but it did nothing. sooooooo should i replace once a month or is this sucker working even though the filter is dark grey already? if it has to be replaced once a month, im going to have to find a generic because its too expensive to replace monthly!
on December 18, 2015
Hoover has a superior air filtration product and I especially prefer their filtration system because it is modular enough that it will allow you to perform incremental cleaning vs a full filter replacement to contain costs and extend the useability of product and consequently reduce your waste footprint.
on July 31, 2015
Can you smell what the air is purifying? Me either. My biggest malcontent of this product is the life span. Or is that a product of time sensitive replacement indication light of unit? The questions, the irony, the horror..
on December 29, 2011
Its a filter replacement, and the good part is its cheaper than most. Whats appealing as well is that the cleaner itself makes a noticeable difference in air quality.
on August 28, 2013
I went through 3 of these before the unit finally crapped out after a year and a half of usage. I recently purchased a different model with a permanent filter, so I won't be needing these anymore, but they served their purpose very well.
on August 14, 2012
How do you review a replacement filter? Did it fit in the product it was purchased for? Yes. Is it functioning exactly as a filter should function? Yes. So am I completely happy with my purchase of this filter? Yes.

As a side note, the air purifier this was purchased for does not actually have a way of determining the effectiveness of the filter it's using. It uses a timer to determine when a filter is ready to be replaced, and then a reset switch must be activated to get rid of the filter replacement message. I can't help but feel like these filters don't need to be replaced as often as they think they do.

See 1 answered question