Hop (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Note:The digital copy expiration date has been extended to 5/2/2016
Top Customer Reviews
The visual landscape and the animation of the characters is startlingly realitic and very quickly has you feeling you're just watching a regular movie where animals really do talk and there really is a secret lair of the easter bunny.
Like some other reviewers noted, there is a definite Willy Wonka meets christmas with Santa theme going here, and that's what really works. Visiting the people of the world only once a year and mastermminding the secrecy of the operation, many times the characters seem bogged down with non-information about the world inhabited by people, and thats just classic comedy perfection.
There are some weak points scattered about, but somehow, overall in the scheme of the movie, they are momentary and forgotten immediately as EB, our main character, immediately after a shortcoming does something else heartwarming to endear you to him and his situation.Read more ›
Am I the only one who realized this movie was making this statement?
Yes the bunny was funny, and there were some really cute moments in the movie which is why I am giving it a 2 star. Ultimately, this movie probably should have a 1 star, but it made me laugh once or twice.
THE OVERALL STORY:
The Easter bunny wanted to retire, and pass the job on to his son, EB. EB did not want to be the new Easter Bunny, but instead he wanted to have a drumming career. EB ends up in Hollywood to escape being the Easter Bunny, and he eventually comes across Fred, a human. Fred was somewhat irresponsible, and he was also living in his sister's bosse's mansion ( in Hollywood). Of course during this time (while EB and Fred tried to live together), back on Easter Island, Carlos the chick, plotted to be the new Easter Bunny/take over Easter.
(1) This can be either a negative or positive depending on your view point, but their was no love interest for any of the main characters. Personally, I found this very refreshing for story telling. I get tired of watching love stories being dropped into movies when they're really not needed.
(2) This movie had moments where I initially felt that the acting, characters, and one line jokes were going to hit a "enough is enough" moment/s. However, it did not. There were times, especially when I found out that EB pooped jelly beans, I thought that the director would dwell too much on this joke. The movie never crossed the line of over the top anything (acting, jokes, and so on). I really appreciated this, especially from a child's movie.
(3) This movie, for the most part, was age appropriate for all ages. There was no cursing (that I remember), there was no blood, or extreme acts of violence.Even towards the end when it was the show down between "the good guys versus the bad guys" it was nothing too intense, or dramatic. To compare "Hop" with another film on intensity, I felt that " Frozen" was a more intense movie.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My grandson is 7 years old and enjoys this movie each time we watch it; again and again!Published 2 days ago by Ann P
One of my favorite Easter movies ..nothing else to say..very funny and cutePublished 8 days ago by krystle rich
This movie is pretty much garbage. The acting, CG and plot are terrible. Pretty much every easter movie I have seen is better than this.Published 28 days ago by Adam Bellmore
This is one of our favorite shows and we watch it throughout the year!! The soundtrack is fun and upbeat and the kiddos love to sing along! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Rebecca D
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials