- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Crossway (February 4, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1581349319
- ISBN-13: 978-1581349313
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 1 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #457,189 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Hope of Glory: 100 Daily Meditations on Colossians Paperback – February 4, 2008
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"From years of friendship, conversation, shared burdens, mutual intercession, and the same vision of our great God, I trust Sam's biblical faithfulness. He brings a keen eye and a wakened soul to God's Word. The overflow for us is fresh insight and strong feeling. I thank God for Sam Storms. My life is sweeter because of the seasoning he brings."
―John Piper, Founder and Teacher, desiringGod.org; Chancellor, Bethlehem College & Seminary; author, Desiring God
"Many devotional books lack biblical and theological depth. Storms's work is a striking exception. His meditations on Colossians faithfully communicate the message of the letter so that readers are enriched both biblically and theologically. Moreover, the meaning of Colossians is applied with wisdom and power so that I found myself encouraged, convicted, and challenged. Here is evangelical theology at its best."
―Thomas R. Schreiner, James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
About the Author
Sam Storms (PhD, University of Texas at Dallas) has spent more than four decades in ministry as a pastor, professor, and author. He is currently the senior pastor at Bridgeway Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and was previously a visiting associate professor of theology at Wheaton College from 2000 to 2004. He is the founder of Enjoying God Ministries and blogs regularly at SamStorms.com.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 23 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(1) It's thoroughness. Storms organizes this book by giving 100 exegetical meditations on the entire book. No stone is left unturned. Every single phrase and word is expounded upon - in its context, in light of its theological significance, and its practical ramifications are articulated.
(2) It's Christ-centeredness. Colossians is arguably the most blatantly Christo-centric book in the Bible. However, Storms passion for knowing Christ intimately is highlighted time and again in this book.
(3) It's readability. This book is not really a commentary but is written for the average, educated follower of Christ.
(4) It's meditative. Storms helps you think about the splendor of God's majesty and deepen your satisfaction in Him through the wondrous work He has achieved for you in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(5) It's saturated with Scripture. In particular, if you read every single meditation in this book you will have read through the entire book of Colossians 15 times. I believe that Storms has achieved his ultimate goal of writing this book as follows: "I believe that in reading these mediations on the Christ-exalting Word of Paul's epistle to the Colossians, the Holy Spirit will awaken in your heart that Joy in Jesus that Peter can only describe as 'inexpressible and filled with glory' (1 Peter 1:8)."
If you were only going to have one book to guide you through understanding, meditating on, and applying the book of Colossians this is the book I would recommend you get - hands down. Thanks so much to Sam Storms for this gift to the Church and for all those who are passionately pursuing an intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
I would categorize this work as devotionally-exegetical, and it is very profound at parts. He really does a great job of engaging head and heart together, the way it ought to be.