Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Hopkins 08525 Graduated Level
Style: Levels|Change

on February 2, 2018
These are the best RV levels because they have markers indicating how many inches you are out of level. This is helpful to me when our 5th wheel is still on the truck. I can see how high it is and then know how much leg I have to have extended on the hydraulic side before extending the manual portion of the leg. (ie how much leg I need to be able to retract back into the compartment.) If you’ve ever retracted your jacks too far and broken the little gear inside, you know what I’m talking about.

The green fluid does fade a bit over time but you can still see the bubble just fine. Our 5th wheel had NO levels on it when we bought it. Crazy. Anyway, we got our 5th wheel perfectly level using large levels on the floors inside and checking all the doors and cabinets for swing. Then we secured these levels using screws and caulked around the edges so they wouldn’t move at all. We’ve had these levels in place for about 7 years now and have had no issues.
on May 13, 2013
For the little bit of money spent, these levels work perfectly. Be sure to follow the directions, as they may look alike, but one is designed for left-to-right leveling and one is designed for front-to-back leveling.
0Comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 14, 2014
This seems to be one of the better levelers. There are two different scales on these levels. One is for the side-to-side (back of the coach) and the other is for the front-to-back (side of the coach). The reason there are different scales are they are more-or-less calibrated in inches.

For example, it is simple Trigonometry to determine how many inches the coach is out of level simply by using the formula for right-angles and solve for one side. The input values are the angle (determined by the level) and distance from the level to the point at where you want to know how many inches of lift are needed.

For the side-to-side level, the 1" markings are pretty accurate as long as you put the scale in the center of the coach, as most coaches are within an inch or two of width from another. However, for the front-to-back level, even though you put the scale in the center, the result will vary wildly due to the length of the coach. Using this level on a 18ft coach will result in a far different measurement than say a 35ft coach.

Also, if you don't put the level in the center (in the side or back), then the two ends of the coach will be different. For example, if the level is in the center, then when the level measures 1" off level, that means 1" on either front or back. But if you put the level off-center, then the level reading 1" might truly be 1/2" on one end, and 1 1/2" on the other. Again, it is simply a principle of Right Angles in Trigonometry.

Also, do not rely on the self-adhesive backing as over time it can move. As hard as it may be for you to do, drilling a couple holes and inserting screws into the levels is the best bet.
on June 23, 2015
The Hopkins Graduated Level works for me as advertised on my travel trailer. This is my second set as my originals were sold on my last camper. It is important to follow directions to install these correctly, or else your trailer will never level up. These are very easy to use once installed. I can quickly assess what I need to do to level my trailer. I use the "lego" blocks, and each block is roughly one mark on the level. I adjust the side to side level and pull my onto the "legos", then I simply adjust the height of the hitch jack and I'm done. These are so easy to use my kids are the ones reading the numbers to me as I adjust things. I see other trailers and motor homes at campgrounds that are not level, I don't know how they can stand to be in it.
on October 24, 2014
Second set! My original was installed on my old pop-up camper that I sold. Important to note, while these LOOK the same, they apparently are NOT. One is labeled "CA" and the other "3". The manufacturer states that they should be placed in a particular order. I didn't notice that before on my original camper. But they worked fine. This time around, I followed the directions and place them accordingly.
on March 18, 2017
I ordered 4 packs, and was able to put them on my RV three months later. When opening one pack, found all the Green liquid had leaked out. Other than that, I'm worried about the double side stick tape that doesn't cover whole back, only about 1/3 of total area. Placed on painted fiberglass. When you push on the plastic and glass the bubble moves. Thus wish the backing was aluminum and not black plastic. I will order another to put on back corner. Read close, one bubble is as good as a 4ft carpenters level, the other is a very rough "0".
on November 29, 2016
One of these have already came off while driving down the road. The double sided tape does not seem very strong and is cut very small compared to the level. The tape did not come off of my trailer, the level cam off of the tape.

Pros:
1. Easy to install
2. Seems pretty accurate considering the cost.

Cons:
1. The Double sided tape needs to be better quality
2. The Double sided tape needs to be cut longer to match the length of the level
on March 30, 2013
We bought and installed extras of these on our RV, just because the manufacturer never seems to put them in convenient places. I want to pull into my site, and sit right in my seat at the leveling controls and do everything right there. I installed extra level bubbles around the driver so all my rough leveling is done, and THEN I can walk around and fine-tune it at the back.

My only warning to buyers: make SURE you have them exactly where you want them before pressing on. They DON'T move or come back off. It's actually difficult to set them prefect on the first try because they stick so well. Use a good carpenter's level to get the RV straight, then hold these steady with both hands and place CAREFULLY. I'm kinda shaky so I really had to brace my hands on the RV while setting them.
on January 5, 2018
Very accurate and high visibility glass bubbles. I can easily see the side-to-side indicator from the driver's seat. The instructions say the mounting tape can removed and attached for positioning for a short while, but mine adhered immediately to both painted and fiberglass surfaces. Used adhesive remover to get the tape off the RV and these levels, and replaced with 3M emblem tape. Works perfect.
on June 5, 2017
I put them on my fifth wheel RV. I can see it from the inside of the truck so I can find the more level area to disconnect. They are foam adhesive backed so they feel soft when you first stick them on. After a few days they seem to be more stable. Mine hasn't moved after a 2,000 mi trip in rain and heavy wind.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.