Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hopkins VSR Go Gear Visor Organizer
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on January 12, 2013
I'm one of those ridiculous people who researches for a considerable time about a product, even if the product is only $5 or so. This one was no exception.

I recently purchased a 2012 Prius. As a warning to anyone considering one, be prepared to purchase some organizers because they have next to no cubbies up front in which to store things (to explain, I came from a Sequoia to the Prius so I had oodles of storage cubbies in the Sequoia and I'm apparently spoiled).

There are several similar visor organizers from which to choose. One indicated that it smelled kind of funny and I think a couple stated that sunglasses don't really fit. I ended up choosing this one because most of the pockets are mesh so I can see what's in them and I really wanted a pen holder. The mesh pockets (two, one which runs the full width and another that's about half width) have elastic openings so it's easy to slide things in. The larger mesh pocket is pretty deep, too, about 2/3's the length of the organizer, which is not possible to see from the photo. It would hold sunglasses and then some. The third pocket is not mesh and makes up about half of the length. The support backing is pretty flimsy cardboard, but that's probably better than stiff board because it will shape with the visor or bend to hold thicker items if needed.

The bands are one inch thick elastic and slide over the visor. In my case with my little car I slid the bands on from either end rather than sliding them both on one end and centering it. It is a smidge too wide, maybe .75", for my visor but it just bends a little. It looks just fine and holds my business cards, pen, notes and coupons right there. It is entirely black - including bands - aside from the little rubbery logo that is seen in photo.

I would definitely recommend it, especially at this price point. I think unless you are cramming thick, pointy things in the pockets and pulling them in and out all the time it will hold up well and it definitely has good space.
22 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
Love it. Seems to be good construction so far. Just the right size, good storage layout. Would buy again.
review image review image
on March 9, 2013
This fits snugly on my visor and the stitches holding the elastic to the document holder are very sturdy. More durable than the dollar store versions. I put my registration and insurance cards in there, a pack of gum, a notepad & pen, and important addresses and phone numbers. Definitely comes in handy!
on January 19, 2013
I love having this visor organizer. It is on the driving side visor and my insurance card and proof of ownership paper are easy to retreive if needed. I also have a notepad and a pen in it. Nicer than having to rumage through the glove compartment.
on March 9, 2014
This is a very simple visor organizer which is barely there, so if you're looking for something to hold a lot of stuff, this isn't it. I didn't need zipper pockets and style, or space to hold CD's. t wanted it to hold things which could easily fit in nooks and crannies around my driver's seat--a pen and small record book, several parking cards, insurance--but which I refer to often enough that I didn't want to have to dig around for them. For that, it's been perfect.
on September 4, 2013
Serves the purpose.... I needed it for holding sunglasses and it fits comfortably inside the pocket. Also the straps are wide enough not to hide the mirror on the back side
on April 29, 2016
This is a good inexpensive sun visor organizer. It fits well on my 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I like that the mesh pockets are see through, so you can see what you are grabbing. It has enough space to carry my essentials: insurance/registration, a pen, and a small notebook.

Upon receiving the organizer, I used a sharp knife to cut the dorky plastic logo off, as I do with a lot of my products. This is very easy to do, see attached photo and compare with amazon product photos. (Note: I had to blur out my personal information from the photo, which is what those black lines are.

My only complaint is that the straps do make the vinyl on my sun visor scrunch up a little. This doesn't really bother me, but it might bother you.
review image
on April 30, 2013
I have a 2012 Nissan Xterra and there are not as many storage compartments as I would like. This visor organizer gives me just what I need to keep some toothpicks, a notepad, pen, tire gauge, and a couple other knick knacks handy and out of the way.
on August 23, 2014
It's not often that some little thing can make your life a lot easier. This does. We have a garage opener without a visor clip that tends to rattle around in a loose bin in the center console -- so that you have to fish for it to see where the buttons are and choose the right button to open or close the door. Last week, as I started to pull out of the garage, I grabbed the opener as usual in preparation for hitting it as soon as I was clear -- but, in picking it up, I mistakenly hit the actual button, and the door came down and clipped the roof of our SUV as it was pulling through the doorframe, doing considerable damage to the door (had to pay a contractor to repair it) and to our beloved 3-month-old brand new vehicle (will have to visit the body shop to get some scratches dealt with).

No more! One week later, this little thing corrals both the opener and a pen (the other thing I used to have to search all over for). And because the SUV is much taller than our former sub-compact sedan, it's been a struggle to reach over to the glove box on the passenger side (it's a long way down!) to reach our auto log or registration/insurance papers. All those now fit in their own slots in this low-profile organizer, which slipped easily over my visor to install in about ten seconds and seems well-enough designed (sturdy well-placed elastic, easy to stretch when installing but tight enough to hold on solidly thereafter) to fit on any visor.

I confess I've had considerable joy pulling up to the house since installing this, flipping the visor down, hitting the button precisely inside its little mesh pocket, and then gliding into the garage without having to fumble for anything. Important to savor life's little pleasures! :)

Strongly recommend this for anyone. Seems well made and extremely adaptable. Hope you like yours as much as I do mine.
on July 25, 2014
I love them. Bought 2, one for me Ford Taurus and one for my Ford Excursion. Two vastly different sizes of visors and it fit both very well.
In the Excursion, I had to put it on the top side of the visor, veering the mirror because had I put it on the underside, it would have covered up the universal garage door buttons. The choice was easy because I use the garage door buttons daily and rarely ever use the mirror.
In the Taurus, I had to put it on facing down because the mirror in my model of car, is raised and not recessed in the visor. Putting it topside would have created a raised lump in the middle and made the mirror useless.
Both are loaded with papers and stuff I routinely carry around and the hold them well. Nothing sliding out, falling or even sagging.