Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 26, 2015
My father kept one of these carefully folded up in an empty leather polish tin with a screw on lid. It predated me which would have made it about 50 something years old when my father passed on. When we would clean firearms after shooting part of the reassembly process was to make sure that all metal surfaces were wiped down with the silicone cloth. He would always my work and any trace of a finger print that might harm the bluing had to completely erased. There are a number of guns that he did not use for many years and they were stored under adequate but not ideal conditions. It is a testament to the quality of this product that none of the firearms that I took out of storage had any sign of rust or corrosion. I own 4 of these now ostensibly as a hedge in case Hoppes ever stops making this version or changes the quality. Hate to be cliche but a bargain at 10 times the price.
8 people found this helpful

I've used these Cloth's for year's on Gun's,
Knives, Reel's, Tool's and for several other
uses. Many People think that because there is
a Heavy Film on the Metal after using the Hoppe's
Cloth that their is something Wrong with the
Cloth. However it doesn't matter if the Film
the more Moisture the Metal can take and be
Protected. Most People will put a Gun or
Knife in a Cotton Sock & that's the Worst
Thing that You Could use to Store them in
for any length of time. For some reason a
Cotton Sock will cause a Metal to Rust much
Quicker than anything else you could use. I
Store my Gun's & Knives with either Silicone
Pores in the Metal & the Gore Tex Material
Keeps the Moisture Out.

This Order Arrived in 3 Day's after I
Placed this Order. I Will Buy from this
Seller again. Good Job...!!!!
on January 4, 2018
Been using Hoppes gun cloths for years, never buy anyone else. They work great and last quite a while.
3 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2016
All of my guns are nice and protected thanks to this cloth. It is really loaded with silicone so store it appropriately. I use nitrile gloves when using mine as the silicone tends to make my hands itch when exposed for a long time
4 people found this helpful
on May 11, 2017
Simple, a gun rag SOAKED in silicone. It will take care of your guns, knives and anything that needs protection from rust. It will make super wet and oily at first as it's soaked in silicone but with time and use it is just perfect. This is my third Hoppe's silicone rag and they last a loooong time.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I've used this brand almost my whole life. None better. I use these to wipe down my guns after handling to keep them from rusting, After 40 years of use my shotguns look almost new.
on August 20, 2013
it does a good job of putting a nice protective finish on the guns. I'm not a fan of two things: this thing is absolutely saturated with silicone, so it's not just putting a light sheen of silicone on there, it's really laying it on thick. You'll definitely feel like you need to wash your hands when you're done using the cloth, because it'll coat your hands too. The other thing I don't like is I keep finding lint left behind as I wipe the guns down. This isn't my first Hoppe's silicone cloth, and I don't recall others leaving this much, if any lint. I'm hoping that it's just this one cloth and not a general trend of declining quality among the product.
2 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2011
First off, I placed my order late Saturday night and the item was in my Mailbox on Monday morning! Unbelievable shipping! As for the Hoppe's Cleaning Cloth, it's everything I expected it to be. Like others said before me, you'll definitely want to wash your hands after use, and also store the cloth in closable bag or else it will dry out. Don't use this rag to clean the internal parts of your gun, it isn't for that and it will defeat the purpose of the rag; use it to wipe down your gun when you are ready to store it. It's GREAT for removing fingerprints and smudges, much better than the rag/oil combo I was using before, my gun is shinin' now! I will be using Hoppes Oil for my internal cleaning as well from now on.
4 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2016
Have always used this cloth. It's especially valuable if you handle your firearms often . Provides a means to give your firearms a quick wipe to keep them clean and then leave a very light skin of protective silicone on them. I've been using them for years. The price is right.
on January 19, 2018
This silicone cloth really packs a punch! It leaves a noticeable shine on my weapons which I imagine will keep my weapons looking like new.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.