Horizon Fitness EX22 Dual Action Elliptical Trainer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied elliptical per product instructions
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 4 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes elliptical trainer, owner's manual, and warranty information
- Adjustable resistance allows you to increase and vary the intensity of your workout
- Console functions include speed, distance, calories burned, and workout time
- Ergonomic design puts less stress on the knees, hips, and lower back so you can enjoy a longer, more comfortable workout
- Manufacturer's warranty: frame - 10 years; brake - 7 years; parts and labor - 1 year
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Offering fluid movement, four interval exercise programs, and eight resistance levels at the touch of a button, the Horizon EX22 Dual-Action Elliptical Trainer is a health-smart choice for your home gym. This elliptical trainer comes specially equipped with unique, pivoting footpads designed to decrease stress on key joints while keeping your feet and legs in a natural position throughout the workout.
With eight resistance settings and four preset programs, this elliptical trainer is ready to take you on everything from a casual stroll to a strenuous workout. The LCD screen makes it easy to track your speed, distance, calories burned, and workout time at a glance, and the contact heart-rate monitor in the hand grip lets you keep an eye on your vitals. The magnetic resistance and heavy-duty flywheel provide fluid starts and stops and extends the lifetime of your belt drive. The Horizon EX22 Elliptical Trainer is a high-quality exercise training machine.
|Pivoting footpads keep your feet and legs in a natural position throughout your workout.|
- Front-drive design for greater stability and accessibility
- Heavy-duty, 14-pound flywheel allows for fluid, quiet starts and stops
- Continuous velocity for consistent power
- Magnetic resistance is quiet and long-lasting
- Stacked flywheel design creates the smallest footprint and lowest user height in its class
- Low step-on height for comfort and ease of use
- A full 18-inch stride length provides a more natural movement
- Closely aligned pedals allow for natural movement and less stress on your knees, hips, and lower back
- Pivoting footpads keep your feet and legs in a natural position throughout your workout
- Large single LCD window displays speed, distance, calories burned, and workout time
An LCD window allows you to track your speed, distance, calories burned, and workout time while exercising.
- Eight resistance levels at the touch of a button
- Four preset programs: manual, intervals, weight loss, rolling
- Contact heart rate in hand grips
- 250-pound maximum user weight capacity
- Measures 55 inches long by 28 inches wide by 63 inches tall when assembled
What's in the Box?
Horizon EX22 Dual Action Elliptical Trainer, owner's manual, warranty
Frame--10 years; brake--7 years; parts and labor--1 year
About Horizon Fitness
Horizon Fitness is part of Johnson Health Tech, one of the largest manufacturers of fitness equipment in the world. They are committed to designing, engineering, and manufacturing superior products for health clubs and homes. Horizon's manufacturing facilities rank among the most sophisticated in the industry, with an intricate mix of robotics and skilled workers that maintain the highest standards of accuracy and quality. Every stage of manufacturing has a testing phase and 10 percent of Horizon's products go through a rigorous quality inspection that includes completely taking them apart and reassembling them.
About Elliptical Trainers
Elliptical trainers represent the next wave of advancement in low-impact cardiovascular exercise machines and continue to grow in popularity. By simulating motions experienced through walking, stepping, cycling, and skiing, elliptical machines allow for a smooth and fluid motion while building strength in the arms and legs. Similar to the exercise position for treadmills, elliptical trainers are used by standing in an upright position while holding the handrails of the machine. With elliptical trainers, however, your feet remain in the foot pedals throughout the exercise regimen and circulate in a smooth and seamless motion, resulting in little to no impact on the knees, back, and hips.
Elliptical trainers are compatible for all ages and fitness levels and allow you to select the difficulty level through the incline and intensity settings. In addition, elliptical trainers allow you to determine the complexity of your workout based on your needs, all while listening to music, watching television, or reading a magazine while exercising in the comfort and safety of your own home.
Although different types of elliptical trainers offer an assortment of features, many of them include an array of challenging programs, forward and reverse directional movement, EKG grip pulse handles, a lightweight portable design with easy fold-up capability, and a monitor displaying calories burned, distance, speed, time, and heart rate. Other types of exercise machines, namely treadmills and bikes, offer excellent cardiovascular exercise and muscular training for the legs in a forward-motion exercise. Elliptical trainers take this to the next level by offering an upper and lower body workout with dual motion, challenging and diverse programs, and a low-impact exercise machine that won't strain sensitive joints.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Recently on a renewed exercise kick I decided to use it again more consistently, however the screen displayed the error code "EP 101".
I called the company and inquired about the error and was told that it needed a new motherboard. He quoted me ~$250 for the replacement which was more than I paid for the unit new.
With it being more or less useless I decided to take it apart to see if there was anything that could be done short of replacing the part.
I was surprised to find out how the braking system worked. The description called it magnetic resistance which is true, but I assumed it would be electronically controlled (as in electromagnets) instead it's a standard magnet move closer to the fly wheel by a cable (similar to the cables used on bikes). So I plan to just run a gear shifting cable to the break and set the resistance with that mounted near the hand grip.
I give it 3 stars because I did like the product before it broke, physically it's well built and sturdy, and quiet during use. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that my main board failure was a fluke and not the norm.
My husband is pretty handy so he had it put together in about an hour maybe a little less. However, it is heavy so I would definatly suggest putting together near where you want it to be at.
As for the use of it, it is great. Only had a chance to use it a couple times with the busy holidays but it runs extremly quiet for a machine of its size. In addition, it runs very smooth. There is no jerking in the movements when using it. I have it setup on carpet and there is no wobbling at all it is very stable. There are only 6 levels of intensity however i set it at #6 and I believe it will be awhile before this is a problem <grins>.
I would gladly pay the regular price on this machine now knowing how great it does. And for anyone that has a hard time with tredmills this is the way to go.