- Product Dimensions: 75 x 24 x 66 inches
- Shipping Weight: 208 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Amazon only ships this item within the contiguous 48 United States. Other Sellers on Amazon may ship this item to Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B008PQIKNU
- Item model number: HEP0385-01
- Average Customer Review: 62 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #461,473 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied elliptical per product instructions
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 4 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SixStar Certified platform, low 10-inch sure step step-on height, cool fit fitness fan
- 14.3-pound flywheel, magnetic brake resistance, 1-20 electronic resistance range
- 20-inch FLATellipse foot path, oversized footpad with traction edges, 300-pound user capacity
- 10 program options, Goal Center workout tracking, contact grips, sonic speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- 300 pounds user capacity, Lifetime warranty for frame and brake, 1-year for parts and labor
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 75 x 66 in||22 x 68.25 x 646 in||25 x 55 x 64 in||26.6 x 37.8 x 60 in||24.4 x 60 x 63.2 in||62 x 40 x 22 in|
|Item Weight||—||145 lbs||84 lbs||61 lbs||104 lbs||77 lbs|
|Additional Features||Grip heart monitor||Zero gap overlapping pedal||Dual Action Handlebars||Micro-tension controller||Built in heart rate receiver||Dual pad pulse sensors|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime frame and brake; 1-year parts and labor||Lifetime frame; 1 year parts; 1 year labor||1 year||3 Months||5 years||1 Year|
Enjoy a smooth, natural elliptical workout with the SixStar Certified EX-69 Elliptical from Horizon Fitness, featuring a longer stride length for a wider range of motion and a multiple-position manual incline for more workout options. Track your progress daily with the Advanced Goal Center while you workout to your favorite playlists on the iPod/MP3-compatible speaker system.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The box had some dings on the outside, but upon opening the package, its clear a lot of thought went into packaging it. The top of the box is reinforced with a wooden support, presumably to add structural strength to such a bulky item. There was no damage to any of the components inside. The parts themselves are labeled L and R, easing assembly. The instructions were pretty straightforward, I'd suspect anybody who has ever assembled Ikea furniture will be able to successfully put this together. I took other reviewers advice and applied some white lithium grease to all moving parts. During assembly it will be pretty evident areas that will be moving. So far I haven't experienced any of the dreaded squeaks that other users have complained about.
I found the overall quality of the Elliptical to be outstanding for a sophisticated exercise machine priced so reasonably. All parts appear to be strong and well welded. I didn't experience any of the thread issues other reviewers had with some of the older versions, everything went together very smoothly. Perhaps Horizon took a hint from all the Amazon reviews and is more observant to quality control.
The interface is basic monochrome green but very functional. There are several programs built in, though I typically just opt for the quick-start and adjust the resistance as desired. The built-in fan is a nice touch, it aims right at my face, though other users might have a different experience based on their height. The heart rate monitor works well and is very responsive. I cannot attest to the accuracy it provides, however. A previous reviewer noted the beeps the console makes. I agree that the elliptical is very loud to start, however there are volume controls built in that turns this down. A tip- if you press and hold the volume button, it will continue to turn the volume down, instead of hitting the button repeatedly and having it beep with each button press. The volume adjustment will not holdover after the machine goes into "energy-save" mode though.
Exercising with the elliptical was very similar to my experiences with elliptical machines I have used at the gym. Initially I thought the stride might be 1/2 to 1 inch shorter than commercial machines, but the stride wasn't bothersome after a minute or two. Admittedly, its been a while since I've been to the gym, so my recollection of my experience with those machines might be hazy. The only downside if I were to name one so far is that this elliptical feels slightly less stable than commercial models. I suspect that since this is a more compact machine that it just doesn't have the bulk and width that stabilizes more expensive machines. With that being said, it didn't impede my workout at all. Incline adjustment is simple. I haven't used it too much in my workouts so time will tell how useful the feature is.
So far I have been very pleased with this purchase. I hope to have many years of trouble free use out of it. If I experience any issues I will update accordingly.
The gym I frequent is between work and home, so when I don't have to go straight home, I hit the gym. On their trainer, I get my cardio rate at level 7 and about 7.5 MPH. I get my heartrate just from holding the moving handles.
I get my cardio heartrate about 5.5 MPH, and level 1. I have to hold the stationary handles to get my heart rate. That takes about 30 seconds. I can get a good cardio workout at home in about the time it takes to drive to the gym, find a parking spot, walk from there to the gym, back to the car, and drive home. Its easier to stretch and do resistance training at the gym, so I'm keeping my membership.
It took me several hours to assemble the trainer. The instructions say you can pick it up by one end and wheel it around. It is possible, and even though you have a long lever, and the weight is on the far end, its still heavy. I messed up a bit when I was ready to attach the cable in the upper console to the cables in the lower console. I pulled the cables all the way through before they were connected to anything. DO NOT DO THAT! It took me a long time with a wire fish to undo that mistake.
Finally, they don't tell you where the power plugs into. I had to ask my neighbor to help me look. The power jack is in the middle of the front of the fly wheel housing.
Almost everything is roller bearings, so I didn't really need to grease anything to keep it from squeaking. But, since I already had the lithium grease, I used it. I tried to avoid inhaling it, and minimized skin contact. There are no roller bearings where the upper handles pivot on the rods on the upper console, so I made sure it was lubricated there.
It has a fan and speakers and a volume control). I like the auto on, and auto off feature.
Most recent customer reviews