Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied elliptical per product instructions
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 4 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- New six star certified platform, low 10-Inch sure step step-on height, cool fit fitness fan
- 14.3-Pound flywheel, magnetic brake resistance, 1-16 electronic resistance range
- 20-Inch flat ellipse foot path, oversized footpad with traction edges, 300-Pound user capacity
- 11 program options, contact grips, sonic speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- Lifetime warranty for frame and brake, 1-year for parts and labor
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Enjoy a smooth, natural stride with the SixStar Certified Horizon Fitness EX-69 elliptical trainer. With a ZEROgap overlapping pedal motion, stress is eliminated from your back and hips, while the long, 20-inch FLATellipse foot path provides a wider range of motion and simulates higher speed activities like running. The heavy-duty 17.6 lb flywheel delivers quality you can feel. The EX-69 offers 11 different programming options with on-the-fly changes to add variety to your workout, along with an Advanced Goal Center and 31-day goal tracking to help you reach your fitness goals faster. The EX-69 offers a best-in-class lifetime frame and brake warranty, with a 1-year parts and in-home labor warranty.
Enjoy a smooth, natural elliptical workout with the SixStar Certified EX-69 Elliptical Trainer from Horizon Fitness, featuring a longer stride length for a wider range of motion and a multiple-position manual incline for more workout options. Track your progress daily with the Advanced Goal Center while you workout to your favorite playlists on the iPod/MP3-compatible speaker system.
The Ex-69 console features 10 program options with on-the-fly adjustments.
Derived from extensive biomechanics research and user panel testing, SIXstar Certification is a unique combination of the six key elements needed to deliver the smoothest, most natural elliptical feel available.
- ZEROgap provides ideal pedal placement with zero distance between them to eliminate stress on hips and back
- StraightUP body posture keeps your body upright for maximum comfort, minimal fatigue, and faster results
- Low, 10-inch step-on height to make it safer and easier to get on and off this elliptical
- Optimal handlebar spacing puts grips within ideal reach and distance for both small and large-framed users
- The 18-inch FLATellipse foot path provides a more natural foot path, mimicking walking and running motions while minimizing fatigue
- The large drive pulley ratio increases the angular momentum of the elliptical so you get the smoothest, most efficient motion possible
Sonic Surround Speakers
In addition to two quality speakers, the console includes an MP3 input for playing your favorite workout music, and a headphone output for privacy.
Advanced Goal Center
Set your time, distance, or calorie-burning goals, and stay motivated as you watch your progress daily, weekly, or monthly.
5-Position Manual Incline
5 positions of incline and 16 levels of electronic resistance allow you to target different muscle groups and add more variety to your workout.
All-access. The front-drive design and low step-on height combine to make even first-time elliptical users more comfortable and confident.
Dependable performance. A heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance give Horizon ellipticals smooth, quiet and consistent starts and stops.
Stride and Pedal System
A natural advantage. The long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match your natural motion for more comfort and less recovery time.
The long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match your natural motion for more comfort and less recovery time.
- Heavy-duty, 14.3-pound flywheel provides smooth, fluid movement
- Magnetic brake resistance is quiet and consistent, with a 20-year brake warranty
- 10 electronic resistance levels let you adjust the intensity of your workout
- Rear access and low pedal height for easy entry and exit
- 2 red LED windows and an 8-digit alphanumeric window display heart rate and other key workout feedback at a glance
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 player input and headphone output
- COOLfit fitness fan keeps you cool as you workout
- 10 program options with on-the-fly changes help add variety to your routine
- Advanced Goal Center with a 1 to 31 day goal tracking option to help you track your progress
- New SIXstar Certified platform
- Low 10-inch SUREstep step-on height
- 17.6 pound flywheel
- Magnetic brake resistance
- 1-16 electronic resistance range
- 20-inch FLATellipse foot path
- Oversized footpad with traction edges
- 11 program options with on-the-fly changes plus Advanced Goal Center
- Contact grips
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- COOLfit fitness fan
- Warranties: lifetime frame & brake, 1-year parts and labor
- 300-lb. user capacity
Optimal handlebar spacing puts grips within ideal reach and distance for both small and large-framed users.
- Resistance Range 1-16, electronic
- Flywheel 17.6 lbs
- Elevation Range N/A
- Stride Length 20" FLATellipse foot path
- Pivoting Foot Plate Yes
- Footpad Horizon ComfortFIT footpad
- Console Feedback: 2 red LED windows and an 8-digit alphanumeric LED window
- User Programs: 11 program options 3 targets (time, distance, calorie) and 3 workouts (rolling, mountain, reverse train); 2 custom programs
- Advanced Goal Center with 1-31 day goal training
- Speakers: Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 compatibility
- Fan: COOLfit fitness fan
- Hand Grips: Yes
- Frame Warranty: Lifetime
- Brake Warranty: Lifetime
- Parts Warranty: 1 year
- Labor Warranty: 1 year
- User Capacity: 300 pounds
- Dimensions Assembled: 73 by 22 by 65 inches (L x W x H)
- Dimensions Boxed: 52 by 30 by 19 inches (L x W x H)
About Horizon Fitness
Horizon is part of Johnson Health Tech, one of the largest manufacturers of fitness equipment in the world. They are committed to designing, engineering, and manufacturing superior products for health clubs and homes. Horizon's manufacturing facilities rank among the most sophisticated in the industry, with an intricate mix of robotics and skilled workers that maintain the highest standards of accuracy and quality. Every stage of manufacturing has a testing phase and 10 percent of Horizon's products go through a rigorous quality inspection that includes completely taking them apart and reassembling them.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is my second elliptical machine.Initially when I wanted to purchase one I was not sure if I was going to use it much. So I did not do much research and went for a cheapy (Bodyrider Magnetic) one. To my surprise I used it pretty well almost 4-5 times a week for around 30 minutes. That held up pretty well for the money paid. However the stride length was too small for me (I am only 5'6"). Also the motion was not very smooth as I liked. Hence I was wanting to go for a better machine as soon as possible. So when I saw the deal on amazon I took the plunge.
This time I did not want to do the same mistake. I started my research online as usual. Immediately I shortlisted Horizon fitness EX59 and Schwinn 430 ellipticals because of their excellent user reviews.However some reviews about the squeaking and the bad customer support as well as the 90 days warrranty on part and labor made me to look closely at the horizon model.
Now I wanted to try out the one I shortlisted before I make my purchase.The only place listed any Horizon to be available was sears. However when I went to the store they only had a proform mpdel, a couple of Sole and Nordictrack models. I did not like the feel of porform at all. I liked the Sole models very much becasue of their smooth stride. The Nordictrack models were impressive as well. At that point I wanted get either a sole or Nordictrack.
Then I went to Dick's sporting to see if I can try a Horizon. What I found there was some Sole models and some LIVESTRONG models in. I was very impressed with those LIVESTRONG machines. They were very smooth. However both these as well as Sole was beyond my budget. Both models had a heavy flywheeland I realized that it was making the stride very smooth. Here I learned that horizon ellipticals were manufactured by the same company who builds the LIVESTRONG machines. That put my interest high on Horizon again.
Initially I was looking at the EX-59 model based on higher number of excellent reviews. However I found that EX-69 has a longer stride and heavier flywheel (which gives you a smoother ride) and manual incline adjustments. It was also having a number of positive reviews. So finally I made up my mind and ordered the 69 model. I got it for $640/- using the discount availble. I ordered it on the 14th of June. The estimated delivery date was 27th June.
I got an email from amazon 21st of June stating that the shipper (ABF) tried to contact me on the number I provided and they could not not reach me. Also they provided a number to cotact the shipper directly. I called them the next day and scheduled the delivery on 23rd.The box was delivered promptly and the driver was kind enough to bring it to our living room. The box was torn on the side but it did not cause damage to the stuff inside. I shoud mention that the package was not good enough for such a heavy equipment. The box is heavy around 200 pounds. So don't plan on moving it somewhere by yourslef.
I started the assembly on the 26th. I opened the box and moved the parts to where I want to set it up. The parts for each stage is marked and kept seperately. The assembly itself is pretty easy and it took me less than 2 hours for me with very little help from my wife.The one thing you should be careful is attching the console mast to the flywheel assembly. The screws are pre-installed. Don't loose them while you unscrew them becuase they can fall inside the flywheel and you will have a tough time retrieving them.
20" stride length
Very sturdy machine
Pretty good speakers to listen to music with an option to connect headphones
Watter bottle/phone/remote holder
1 year in home labor
Nothing I could find so far except the water bottle holder is not in a postion where you can easiy retrieve the bottle.
I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now. I have been using resistance level 1 most of teh time which gives me a good workout. I do around 5 MPH for 35 miutes and burns 350 calories.The machine is very silent and sturdy. I will update the review as I use the machine for a longer period of time.
For the price, I believe the quality is very good. This is sturdy, well designed and thought out system with some very nice features. As others have stated, be prepared to set aside a couple of hours for assembly. The assembly instructions are easy to understand with clear steps to follow. Having the assembly hardware grouped to coincide with the assembly steps is a big plus. I would recommend however using your own tools. The tools provided aren't the best quality.
Over all, I am happy with the purchase. A note about Horizon's tech support. They can be difficult at times to reach by phone, but they are responsive, knowledgeable, and did send the addtional parts I needed to rectify the noise issue I was experiencing. If you do experience a problem with noises or clicking/tapping sounds for whatever reason, do your best to isolate the location of the noise first before calling or emailing for assistance. They seemed to appreciate the fact that I did this and it made the whole process easier to resolve. And, if you download and view their online assembly drawings/parts lists, using the actual part name or number when asking for assistance helps even more.
It took three weeks for it to get to me as this is sent via a local freight shipping company. I was NOT happy Amazon failed to pass my phone number on to the shipping company and they had to contact me by mail! The box fits through a standard 30" door and it weighs 270 lbs- don't expect the driver to get it into the house very far beyond the door. If you live up a flight of stairs this will likely be left at the bottom. We had to carry to it piece by piece to the area it was being assembled. The wheel is the heaviest part and unless you are a superstrong female you will need someone with muscle to help you with it.
My boyfriend assembled it in about 2 and 1/2 hours.
The nuts and bolts are packaged to use step by step and are glued to a piece of cardboard in order of use which he liked. The parts were pre-greased but he did use some lithium grease (which is available in Home Depot). The tools for assembly are also included- he pronounced the wrench was "junk" within five minutes and used his own. He said having metric tools would have made things easier but was able to use his standard SAE socket set. I brought him a couple of beers during the assembly to keep him happy- occasionally he called me to hold a piece in place while he put the bolts in but generally he did it on his own. He is a pretty handy guy but I will say I did not overhear any muttering, swearing or complaining about the instructions and assembly. (You ladies know what I'm talking about if you have ever been around when the assembly of something is not going smoothly).
I used the machine itself last night and was quite impressed at how quiet and smooth the operation was. It offers three basic workouts which are pre-programmed but allow you to set the amount of time you use them. My ipod plugs right in and the speakers are pretty good for their size- it sounded fine, no distortion and easily loud enough to hear during your workout. I am 5"3" and the fan tends to blow air more at my forehead then my face, its too bad the vent is not adjustable to direct the air where you want it. You can set any custom program you like and I did try out the differing levels of resistance and all I can say is WOW does it offer you a challenge! This model has a manual incline adjustment and it is VERY EASY to set a new incline (there are three settings). The more expensive EX 79 has power incline but I can honestly say I do not find this feature critical unless you are someone who wants to change the incline automatically during a workout and without pausing to do so.
There is no doubt this is a quality piece of exercise equipment that is worth the $800 price tag. When my Nordictrac treadmill dies I would seriously consider switching to the Johnson manufactured brands. So- this is an excellent purchase and I am very happy with my choice.