- Product Dimensions: 75 x 22 x 65 inches
- Shipping Weight: 223 pounds
- ASIN: B008PQILRK
- Item model number: HEP0386-01
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,007,597 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Horizon Fitness EX-79-2 Elliptical Trainer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied elliptical per product instructions
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 4 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Elliptical machine features 20 levels of power incline that let you train more muscles, for better and faster results
- Long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match natural motion; heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance for smooth, quiet, consistent starts and stops
- Front-drive design and low step-on height; SIXStar Certified platform derived from extensive biomechanics research and user panel testing
- Measures 22 by 65 by 75 inches (W x H x D), with 325-pound user capacity; 1-to-20 electronic resistance range via 17.6-pound flywheel; 0-to-100% elevation range at 5% intervals (16-degree range)
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame and brake; two years on parts; and one year on elevation motor and labor
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Reach new heights with the SixStar Certified EX-79 Elliptical Trainer from Horizon Fitness, featuring 20 levels of power incline that lets you train more muscles for better and faster results. Work out to your favorite playlists on the iPod/MP3-compatible speaker system.
Pulse grips on the conveniently located handlebars let you track heart rate data throughout your workout.
- Stride and Pedal System: The long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match your natural motion for more comfort and less recovery time
- Drive System: Heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance give Horizon ellipticals smooth, quiet, and consistent starts and stops
- Frame Design: Front-drive design and low step-on height combine to make even first-time elliptical users more comfortable and confident
- SIXStar Certified Platform: Derived from extensive biomechanics research and user panel testing, SIXstar Certification is a unique combination of the six key elements needed to deliver the smoothest, most natural elliptical feel available
- Power Incline: Increase intensity with the power incline, ranging from 0-to-100%, allowing you to train more muscles in less time for better results
- MaxTone Arch Pedal: Unique arched pedal design helps slim and shape leg muscles and glutes
- Nike+ iPod: Automatically save your workout data directly to your iPod and track your progress on nikerunning.com
- Made for iPod: Dock and control your iPod directly from the console as you work out to your favorite playlists on the Sonic Surround speaker system
- 1-to-20 electronic resistance range
- 17.6-pound flywheel
- 0-to-100% elevation range at 5% intervals (16-degree range)
- 20-inch FLATellipse foot path stride length
- Pivoting foot plate
- MaxTone Arch Pedal footpad
- Two red LED windows and one eight-digit alphanumeric LED window
- Speakers with "Made for iPod" dock and controls
- COOLfit fitness fan
- Pulse grips on handlebars
- User programs:
- Nike+ iPod-equipped fitness tracking
- 11 program options with on-the-fly changes
- Advanced Goal Center with time, distance, and calorie targets
- Three workouts (Rolling, Mountain, Reverse Train)
- Two custom programs
- 1-to-31-day goal training
- Measures 22 by 65 by 75 inches (W x H x D)
- 325-pound user capacity
The long stride and pivoting foot plates accurately match your natural motion for more comfort and less recovery time.
Horizon Fitness elliptical trainers include the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship:
- Frame and brake: Lifetime
- Parts: Two years
- Elevation motor and labor: One year
About Horizon Fitness
Horizon is part of Johnson Health Tech, one of the largest manufacturers of fitness equipment in the world. The company designs, engineers, and manufactures quality products for health clubs and homes. Horizon's manufacturing facilities rank among the most sophisticated in the industry, with an intricate mix of robotics and skilled craftspeople that maintain high standards of accuracy and quality. Every stage of manufacturing has a testing phase, and 10% of Horizon's products go through a rigorous quality inspection that includes completely taking them apart and reassembling them.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Delivery was good. It's very heavy so have help if you need to get it into the house. Assembly was pretty easy so long as you can follow instructions. Took me maybe an hour or so. Directions where clear and parts are labeled so its pretty simple. I'd reccomend it.
The new one EX79 was easy to assemble and took a bit over an hour, I jumped on it immediately after assembly (and reading the manual) and was smooth and working without any noise. The magazine holder issue that some reviewers mentioned was no big deal for me - I can't read while working out, I'm more concerned about breathing and push it pretty hard to raise my heart rate, I did put my iPad on the holder and it sat on there without any issue - the lip it sits on could be a bit bigger for the magazine / book readers.
I was not impressed with the heart rate monitor it seems to take to long to capture the bpm, the manual says you need 15 to 20 seconds for it to register the heart's bpm - seems to take longer than that and sometimes show bpm when your not even holding on to the grips. Most machines are not that accurate with built in heart monitors, I have a chest strap that is way more accurate if you want to push yourself.
This one comes with more programs than my old one and I like that, the footing is good, it's a good size, my iPhone plugs into the console and the sound is decent for an elliptical machine - overall I'm happy with the purchase - and will update this review after a couple of months of usage.
Speakers are loud enough, fan is passable, and the unit is very solid, easy to use (once you get in shape that is), and the adjustable incline that you can use while on the unit is a very nice option unlike cheaper models which you have to get off of the unit and manually adjust then get back on. Very satisfied, and have been using quite a bit with no regrets. Highly recommended if you can swing the price point.
good workout. well made product.
Most recent customer reviews