Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $0.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $18.05 shipping
Horizon Organic Low Fat Milk, Chocolate, 8-Ounce Aseptic Cartons (Pack of 18)
- Produced without the use of antibiotics, added growth hormones or pesticides
- Image change
- Shelf stable; requires no refrigeration until after opening
- Made with organic grade a low-fat milk and organic evaporated cane juice
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Brand
Horizon Organic was Americas first nationally distributed organic dairy brand. Since it was founded in 1991, the company has been a pioneer in the organic movement. Today, as the organic industry evolves, Horizon Organic continues to lead with insight, integrity and unwavering commitment to organic principles.
- Founded in 1991, Horizon Organic was Americas first national organic dairy brand.
- Together with other industry leaders, our founders played a key role in helping to develop the National Organic Standards and the USDA Organic Seal.
- We have pioneered practices for organic dairy farming and land stewardship, and are privileged to work with some of the industrys top experts in land conservation, organic agriculture and animal welfare.
- Our Idaho dairy was the first large certified organic dairy in the country, and now supports more than 30,000 organic acres (including the cropland supplying feed to our operations).
- On our Maryland farm, our organic practices have transformed previously mismanaged land with dangerously high phosphorous levels into permanent organic pasture.
- We sponsor numerous non-profit and trade organizations devoted to organic agriculture and related environmental causes: Farm Aid, Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES), Help Wanted Organic Farmers Campaign, The Organic Center and others.
- We have been recognized with an EPA Green Power Partnership Award for our support of renewable wind energy.
- Through the Horizon Organic Producer Education (HOPE) program, we recruit and support hundreds of organic family farms across the country.
- 80% of our milk is supplied by 363 certified organic family farmers from 18 states across the country. The balance of our milk comes from our two certified organic dairies in Idaho and Maryland.
- 228 additional family farmers are in the process of converting to organic through the HOPE program.
- On our company-owned farms and the farms of our partners, all of the animals that supply Horizon Organic milk enjoy the holistic benefits of organic management practices:
- A preventive approach to healthcare that minimizes illness by providing a sanitary environment, proper nutrition and compassionate, attentive daily care.
- Room to roam outdoors and to display natural behaviors.
- A 100% vegetarian, certified organic diet of active grazing during the growing season, supplemented by certified organic feed.
Flavor: Chocolate | Size: Pack of 18
From the Manufacturer
Horizon, the brand that succeeded in bringing organic milk to the masses, is still breaking new ground today. Just look at innovations such as Horizon Organic Milk with 32mg DHA Omega-3 in milk boxes.
More than 20 years ago, our founders helped pioneer the organic dairy movement and became the first company to supply organic milk nationwide. We realized early on the responsibility that comes with producing food for America’s families, and our commitment to the organic movement and values like health, community and environmental stewardship has never wavered.
- A a simple choice that can help make every kid’s lunchbox a little more nourishing.
Lowfat Chocolate Milk Box
Great for lunchboxes, snacks, travel and more, our shelf-stable milk boxes are a perfect alternative to juice boxes.
We're parents too, so we know how much you care about feeding your family. That’s why we’re committed to organic standards and ingredients. You’ll find organic cheese and pasta in our mac & cheese, organic wheat in our snack crackers and, of course, plenty of certified organic dairy products to keep your kitchen stocked and your family satisfied.
- USDA Organic
- 8g protein
- 30% calcium
- Excellent source of Vitamin D
Why Organic is Worth It
Our company was founded on the belief that organic makes a difference for families, farming communities and the environment. And we bet the more you learn about our organic commitment, the better you’ll feel about choosing Horizon for your family.
Organic Family Farms
More than twenty years ago, Horizon began with a handful of organic family farms. While we've grown to nearly 700 farms since then, our commitment to organic farming remains stronger than ever.
Every Morsel Matters
Count on Horizon to deliver delicious products with wholesome ingredients that your family needs.
|Macaroni & Cheese||Super Squeeze||Sandwich Crackers||Snack Crackers||Snack Grahams||Milk Boxes|
|About Our Products||Enjoy rich, organic cheese and organic pasta in every box. Horizon macaroni and cheese makes dinnertime a snap.||Your kids will enjoy the creamy blend of organic milk and real fruit in one convenient snack!||Enjoy the goodness of organic at snack time! Horizon Sandwich Crackers are stuffed with organic cheese for a tasty combo that no kid can resist.||We’ve got a new crunch to crave. Horizon Snack Crackers are made with organic wheat and real organic cheese for a delicious, kid-friendly treat any time of day.||We’ve got a new crunch to crave. Horizon Snack Grahams are made with organic wheat and offer 8g of whole grains per serving.||Great for lunchboxes, snacks, travel and more, our shelf-stable milk boxes are a perfect alternative to juice boxes.|
|Available Flavors||Classic Mac, Organic Mac, Super Mac||Mixed Berry, Strawberry, Orange||Cheese, Peanut Butter||Cheddar, Original||Chocolate, Cinnamon, Honey||Chocolate, Plain, Strawberry, Vanilla|
Organic Grade A Reduced Fat Milk, Organic Sugar, Organic Cocoa, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Carrageenan, Salt, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3.
UHT processed for longer shelf life. Can be stored unrefrigerated. For best taste, serve cold. Refrigerate after opening.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Note: Just went to BJs wholesale and paid 12.99 for the 18 pk. Won't buy from Amazon again when there's such a price difference.
I was seriously irritated to discover that something so happy and innocent looking as the jumping cow on the Horizon label was a front for a billion dollar corporation. Much of the reason I buy organic is to support small, organic farms, and to protect the environment and animals from the practices of mega corporations like Dean. Even if Horizon becomes a model citizen when it comes to organic practices, the fact that it's owned by Dean means that if you buy Horizon, part of every dollar you spend is contributing to some of the worst factory farming practices in the country.
Unfortunately, the most recent shipment was flatly refused by my kids who are not horribly picky. They wanted me to throw 2 cases out!
The worse news is that after checking with Horizon Dairy to see if we got a bad batch, we found out they CHANGED THE FORMULA! After confirming our UPC numbers, etc. this is the response we received in March of 2011:
"Thank you for your recent e-mail to Horizon Organic®. We appreciate your interest in our products.
We tested the new versions of Horizon Organic 1% Flavored Milks thoroughly and received strong consumer results, specifically related to the improvement over our prior formulas.
While we've received positive feedback, we're sorry you're not completely satisfied with our new recipe changes.
We value you as a consumer and hope we can help you find another Horizon Organic product to meet your needs.
Thanks again for contacting the Consumer Affairs Department."
It is true at $1.22 per bottle, the cost is ~20 cents higher than you can get at other locations--i.e., the cases are ~$16 at Costco. Still, for those of us that live in remote/rural locations-- it's a really good deal for doorstep delivery.
When we serve him a flavored milk I give him Gerbers smart sips, they have vanilla and mild vanilla flavor with 11g of sugar, I think the mild vanilla has even less grams of sugar. He still loves the taste too! I find them in the babyfood aisle at the grocery store.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got it with broken case. The milk is all over the place and it is so dirtyPublished 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
The best thing about this mil is that it's non fat and organic.Published 1 month ago by Frances Soso
I am so glad Amazon has this milk! I live in Florida, it came here on a hot day and there was nothing wrong with the product at all. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Stephanie Le
Just average for my standards. I found it not sugary and it goes well with cereal. The best thing about it is its decent price value.Published 1 month ago by Lily Guevara
Just fine. It's great in my protein shake I have for breakfast. First package I opened leaks from the spicket thing when I shake it before use. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Alicia Armstrong
Great product, great price and very tasty. Organic and cheaper than the stores so a great purchase. Highly recommended Chocolate milk.Published 1 month ago by Sheila Colclasure