Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Horror Express (1972)
Format: DVD|Change

on November 30, 2011
Just received my copy today. I won't go into the story; you can read the product description for that. I just want to comment on the terrific improvement of the picture quality over past releases.

I've owned at least a couple of public domain versions that were washed out, blurred, and grainy. This verion is crisp and clear, with vibrant color and a lot of clean up done. I won't say it's pervect. I saw a couple of spots of imperfection, but they were few and far between. This looked as good as any of the Hammer releases to me.

Very happy how this release turned out, especially given what had to be dated materials. Now if someone can just do something with Dr. Terror's House of Horrors.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 3, 2017
I know some reviews said this is a poor looking disc. I have to say I disagree. Vivid looking. Sharp. Doesn't seem to be overly noise reduced. This is one of the best of the LEE and CUSHING team up movies and it's great to finally have a good looking version of it. Early on there are a few day for night shots that someone seems to have forgotten to leave in the blue color that was intended. But don't miss seeing this film.
on January 31, 2018
This is a d.v.r. not a dvd
It is a p o.sh.t !!!!!!!!!!
the F.B.I Will want to no about this.!!!!
on May 29, 2015
great amazing . get all blu ray classic sci-fi and horror movies before corps start phazing dvds and blu rays out in the near future . so the only way you can see them is you have to stream them . because you know, corps want full control on everything. and then they can snatch it from the cloud when ever they want. SO DO NOT SIT AND WAIT ON YOUR CLASSIC 1950's -1970's SCI-FI and HORROR MOVIES on blu ray.
on August 31, 2017
For a horror movie it was kind of funny.
on November 4, 2015
crazy people o a crazy train in a krazui country side with lots of snowing blowing and killing
on December 30, 2017
I was excited to receive this, although I have seen the movie before..BUT the movie is in English yet somebody goofed and it shows the opening credits in Spanish..what's that about?..other than that, I have no other issue...
on November 18, 2013
While not my favorite of the Cushing/Lee films I do like it enough to have owned it now on three formats. VHS, DVD and now Blu Ray. The film never looked better and is the most complete copy I own. If you like this film I will say this is the best print out there.
on December 12, 2017
Excellent quality picture!Ive never enjoyed this movie as much as I do now!
on September 1, 2010
This is a great movie and it's too bad that not one single decent copy exists out there.
I ordered this remastered edition in the hopes that it would look better than the Horror Express DVD I had bought a few years back. I was wrong, dead wrong. The copy looked as if it was not authentic, I was surprised it was being sold by Amazon-maybe I'm wrong, the reverse side of the disc was blue not silver. About after fifteen minutes into the film the DVD started to skip although there weren't any scratches on the disc. It wasn't my DVD or Blu-ray players, I have three DVD players and two blu-ray players and this thing skipped in all of them. From what I was able to see the picture quality wasn't very good. As it turned out the Horror Express DVD I'd bought a few years back and wasn't "remastered" looked and played a million times better than this crap. Please, don't waste your money, wait until some company releases a good, widescreen version DVD of this great film!