Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on September 9, 2017
A cult classic that everyone should watch many times in their lives... Serious you should know the dialog. The songs and the dance.... A must for any generation that has some humor and can laugh at themselves.
on June 5, 2008
A biazarre film and a work of genius. It pokes fun at virtually everything including old science fiction movies; horror movies; transvestites: homosexuals; incest; professional spokesmen; sexual innocence; UFO's; cannibalism and even Nazi Germany.

Franknfurter, or whatever his name is, has the qualities of a transvestite, bisexual Count Dracula and Dr. Frankenstein. He's also an "evil" person who seduces both Brad an Janet. He's also quite a scientist and has produced the perfect man--"I've made me a man with blond hair and...a tan to ease my tension." This has elements of Nazi racial theory. "It's a triumph of your Vill!!! an excited Magenta emotes [Triumph of the Will by Leni Raftenstein on the up-and-coming Adolf Hitler]. Unfortunately, this blond superman is used for Frank's carnal purposes, another slap at Nazi theory.

Anyway, it's all a lot of fun right up until the very end when the persecuted and Igor-like Riff Raff, dressed like a rather extreme Flash Gordon character, and Magenta, with white streaked hair reminiscent of the "Bride of Frankenstein", show up to blast Frank and his one-time girl friend Columbia, with absolutely ridiculous ray guns.

It's all unbelievably stupid which makes it a near perfect comedy.

Now I have a question for all those who read my review. A couple of years ago I saw a rather bad movie called "Return to the Valley of the Dolls" produced, I think, a year or two before "Rocky". It has many for the features of "Rocky" and I wonder if "Rocky" ripped off "Return" or vice versa. Does anybody have the answer?

Ron Braithwaite
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2015
I enjoyed this set, not owning it on Blu ray before. It is nowhere the experience in the theater with a live cast, but it is good to watch. Packaging is fantastic and the gloves / Fishnets / Soundtrack make this a winning set.
on March 6, 2016
I sent this movie to my brother, who has never watched it because he thought it was a gory murder movie. I told him about it then ordered it for him. He got it in 4 days, so it was quick, and will watch it on his own first as the family is christian and he has to determine if they will like it or not. I don't see why not, it's all in good fun!
on November 16, 2017
I guess I've finally seen this enough, having seen it in 1978 the first time. I introduced it to someone my age (she's 57) and she loved it. Her daughter is doing an off-broadway showing of it, playing Janet. I think she was blushing, wondering what her daughter's boyfriend's parents would think of her after the show :o)
on February 14, 2018
All products were exactly as advertised. Packaging was very good. Shipped very promptly as stated. I am very satisfied/
on August 20, 2017
I can watch this movie so many times and never get tired of viewing it. A true classic. the music is timeless.
on September 25, 2016
If you don't see this in person you'll never understand it, but if you take the time to just kick back and visit this active movie when you become a part of the film you're in for a really great time. Who cares about the subject matter not important it's all about the experience. When you create good memories and replace the bad one's there's no more room for bad memories.
review image
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2008
This is a great 2-DVD Set for the Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan!!! Includes US and UK Versions of the film that are THX mastered,plus a laboratory full of great extras!!! A real Hot Patootie of a DVD!!! Dammit Janet,this DVD now seems to be out of print,hopefully it will be released again for the fans,the single disc is fine,but this now OOP 2 DVD set Absolute Pleasure!!! If you can find this at a decent price,get it!!! I'm sure in 2010 there will be a 35th Ann. Edition,probably on Blu Ray as well as DVD,but for now,we have this set to enjoy!!!PS don't forget the rice,toilet paper(Scott preferably!)and water pistols!!! Recommended!!!
on April 17, 2017
NOT AS GOOD AS SEEING IT IN A THEATER BECAUSE OF THE AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION. BUT STILL A GREAT MOVIE