Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 23, 2011
 This review is for the 10-inch "Horse Jolly Ball" . We also have the 10-inch "Push-n-Play" Jolly Ball Jolly Pet 10" Push-n-Play Red. The dog is a 72 lb APBT mix, and the video is at NORMAL (1x) speed.

If you are undecided between the "Push-n-Play" and the "Horse Jolly Ball", consider the type of play your dog prefers. If he's into herding, "Push-n-Play" is the better choice. Dogs with high prey drive or that prefer tug-of-war may like the "Horse Jolly Ball" better. The two balls elicit very different play behavior, as you can see from my other video review. This ball encourage running and shaking, pouncing, gnawing, and general goofiness. We alternate play sessions between the two balls to avoid overuse injuries.

If you watch carefully you will see the dog trying to gnaw on the handle. Because the ball is squishy he has been able to cut through the corner of the handle, and this would be my only complaint about the toy. If you leave a dedicated gnawer alone with this toy you will likely have a pile of pieces within an hour.
review imagereview imagereview image
102 people found this helpful
on May 3, 2016
Jolly Ball now makes a ball for horses, one for pets, and a giant inflatable one for horses. Pay attention to what you are buying so explained below.

I just purchased the Jolly Ball for Horses from amazon but it is a replacement for a Horse Jolly Ball I purchased nearly 10 years ago. My two geldings love to play with their ball and it has provided us with many opportunities to watch and laugh at them playing. And they play with it every day - tug-of-war, tossing, chasing, and whacking each other with it. After all this time the ball purchased 10 years ago is finally worn out and doesn't stay inflated (this ball reshapes itself and does not require any inflating), and that is why I made this new purchase. Highly recommend this Jolly Ball for Horses (the Jolly Ball for Pets is different so pay attention to what you are buying). The Jolly Ball Giant Ball is more like a beach ball that does require inflating and is not the same rugged material, I can't see it lasting very long, although I haven't seen my horses do any thing with it since I bought it a week ago, so maybe it will last a long time after all. But this Jolly Ball for Horses, I tossed it into the corral and they went right for it.
6 people found this helpful
on July 7, 2017
If my dog was doing the review she would rate it 10 stars. She absolutely loves it!! Me not so much. She popped it in 2 seconds and immediately was trying to tear it apart like all of her toys. I was hoping that due to its size and shape she wouldn't be able to do that, at least to the ball part. I would not recommend this toy to be played with no supervision, especially if you have a dog that eats their toys. However, despite the gaping holes in it, it bounces right back to shape. The picture attached is after 2 weeks of constantly after her to not tear it up in pieces. Right now tho it's her favorite toy.
review imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on August 8, 2013
11/10/13 **UPDATE** this is still my dobies favorite ball. It is begining to look a little warped at the top from him biting it and is full of teeth mark around the handle area but it is still holding up. It has one small hole near the handle from multiple tooth punctures but that is it.I will definitley buy him a new one for next summer!
***UPDATE*** My dobie LOVES this ball! He loves carrying it by the handle, biting it, tossing it and off course having me throw it for him to run after and play soccer with! He has bitten in to it several times but has NOT destroyed it. He is always trying to bite the handle iff but no success yet!
I ordered this ball for my 2 year old Doberman who can destroy a Kong ball, soccer ball, tennis ball any ball I have ever bought in seconds flat. I gave him this ball when it arrived and at first he wasn't sure about it. He barked and growled and it while studying how he could destroy it, he pushed it around and finally figured out he could pick it up and throw it and shake it around. He loves that it bounces and can play "soccer" with it. He did figure out how to bite it from an angle so he could get his teeth in it but he has not destroyed it yet, although it has only been 1 day! I will update on his progress :)
on January 17, 2016
We bought the bigger sized hoping our rescue dog, Jake would enjoy it longer if he couldn't get his mouth around anything but the tab. Nope-- 35 min and it was in bite-sized pieces around the yard. Glad he's not interested in eating it, just chewing it to shreds. We have used Jolly Balls for years with our Australian Cattle Dogs,German sheperds as well as horses. they are wonderful for burning energy and developing thinking skills (where's it gonna go?). Definitely NOT for heavy chewing dogs like our Jake.
on February 6, 2014
I have an 90 pound german shepard, and he loooooves this ball. It is very challenging to find a ball/toy that he won't completely destroy. I found this ball on youtube, (there are a ton of large dogs playing with these on youtube, check it out!) they are made for horses, but get rave reviews from large dog owners. one of the great things about this toy is it re-inflates. my dog chomps on it and fights it and it will deflate, but then it just pops back up. also, he has had this for a whole year now, and its been outside during these crazy polar vortex winter storms and all the snow and freezing.. and its still the same! we don't let him bring this inside (because it would probably have the same effect as a wrecking ball) and its been out there for a year now, no weather wear at all!
I will definately buy again, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon, its in such good shape! They also sell these in flavored/scented style, check out those too!
-hope this helps:)
-kelly
on January 4, 2017
Yes, made for horses, and with ours, they rarely touch them, BUT our dogs just go crazy for these. Over the years, and several "Jolly Balls" later,
with photos as proof, one of the dogs, Will chew the handle OFF___later after a strong rope in threaded through the ball, the small and oldest dog,
wants anybody to throw it until your arm falls off. They last for years, a jolly good fun for pups, young and older.
on September 5, 2017
Best dog toy ever!! This is our second jolly ball for our dogs. This product is made very well and can withstand an Anatolian Shepherd playing with it on a daily basis. The handle makes it easy to toss around the yard and the dog uses the handle to bring it back. The last ball lasted about 18 months before it gave out - much longer than the overpriced smaller toys at the pet store. Highly recommended for dogs that are rough on their toys.
on August 17, 2015
OMG!! This is one of the best toys I ever bought for my greyhounds!!!! They LOVE THESE things! The handle makes it easy to toss into the air and they all entertain themselves when they are outside. It is also very easy to toss for them if you want to run outside and play with them. It has a lot of bounce, too, so when you throw it, they expect it to land and grab, but it throws them a curve when it bounces. Absolutely hilarious!!!

I know it is for horses but it works great for dogs, too.
on March 7, 2018
Our German Shepherd loves these things. He carries it everywhere and it lasts about a year as he has a cousin that visits each March and they tug and pull till it is in shreds. When the cousin leaves we get another which lasts till the next March
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.