Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.48 shipping
Horseradish Roots Natural Organic Ready to Plant 1 Pound By Growerssolution
|Price:||$6.89 + $5.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- You are Buying 1 pound on Horseradish roots - Ready to plant
- Plant in early spring or late fall
- Can be planted almost anywhere in your garden except for the dessert.
- Will grow in all kinds of soil; however it is a good idea to amend your soil.
- Horseradish is a spreading plant. Consider planting in a bottomless pot.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Shipping Weight||2 pounds|
|USDA Hardiness Zone||4|
Did you know the Horseradish plant is also known as Sting-Nose (Aromotacia Austicana). Horseradish is a member of the mustard family and is cultivated for its thick, fleshy white root. They grow large leafy foliage, reaching 18 inches wide and 24 inches tall. Horseradish has the power to "sting your nose". The aroma and bite is unnoticeable until it is grated or ground. When the root is grated and crushed, volatile oils (sothiocyanates) are released and with this bring the sting and heat that horseradish is known for. Actually Horseradish leaves are edible. However it is grown for its root. When the root is harvested and graded it is ready to use in many recipes and meat dishes. Horseradish ranks in the top five easiest-to-grow food plants.