Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Style: RCA to 1/4 inch TS|Size: 2 pieces|Change

Showing 1-10 of 684 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 758 reviews
on December 29, 2015
I specifically bought this to connect my KLIPSCH 10" Subwoofer to my Presonus Ceres C3.5BT 2-Way Powered Speakers. This plugged directly into the back of the main Presonus speaker in the "SUBOUT" port. Then I connected my existing digital coax cable to the RCA end of the adapter. At the other end of the cable, I used a right-angle adapter (Monoprice 107233 RCA Plug to RCA Jack Adapter) to get the subwoofer as close to the wall as possible. This configuration worked perfectly with no distortion that I could hear. Once I received the adapters, I did a sound check with and without the adapters on the ends of the digital coax cable. I could not hear a difference listening to classical, electronic/techno or rock tracks at different volumes. If you need an adapter to connect a subwoofer and this one is not available, just make sure that you get a "mono" adapter and not a "stereo" adapter.
on April 13, 2015
I ordered these online as part of another order to save on shipping. Cost vs. local must store is in favor of online (minus shipping). They are genuine Hosa band right-angle mono 1/4" plugs with standard mono RCA receptacles. I've deployed these into the back of a mixer so that my RCA cables hang straight down behind the mixing table, saving space against the wall as well as minimizing stress from the cables. One thing to think about before purchasing these is whether your mixing equipment has enough space to accommodate the RCA cable running along-side it. For example, on a smaller 8-channel mixer I have, there are only three 1/4" plug receptacles that can cleanly accept these right-angle adapters due to their lack of clearance height above the board - my mixer has rotatable knobs and the 1/4" TR plugs are closely spaced, leading to this limitation.

Performance-wise, I cannot tell they are there at all: No detectable noise or loss, and they are built to spec.
on November 6, 2014
I needed this adapter to connect my computer/iPad/iPhone to a stereo channel on my Yamaha mixer. They do the job great. I use a mini jack coming out of the source which has stereo RCA connectors. I plug these adaptors into the mixer and the RCA jacks into them.

There certainly are other ways of getting the connection may, but I had the cable with the mini jack and RCA connectors already. Rather than buy a new cable, I just got these adaptors. At the end of the day, everything works great. I'm very satisfied with this product.
on May 23, 2013
My use of these is perhaps a bit different than most. I recently purchased a new line stage for my high end audio system. I had modified my last preamp to provide dual sets of RCA jacks in order to send its output to both the power amps for my main speakers, and to the line input on my subwoofer. My new line stage only had one set of RCAs, and the other was XLR. I used these to convert the XLR to RCA, and plugged in my subwoofer cable to them. It's working perfectly, with no noise and has allowed me to balance the sound between the sub and the mains perfectly. I'm not sure how robust they are for being connected and disconnected regularly, but for my system where I installed them and leave them there, they get the job done well.
on March 27, 2017
Great product. I needed this item to hook up a professional powered subwoofer to my home sound receiver, that didn't have a rca input on the back of the amp.
on March 1, 2014
Well, if you've been in Radio Shack recently, you know they're really about selling phones (and new old stock in the back of the store.) And that one crazy little item that you need for some simple project is available only online--at a price that seems a bargain and with shipping that includes the margin of profit. Well, this adapter is just what I needed: it works. Not much else to say about a utilitarian piece of our analog past. You may as well buy two!
on January 14, 2016
Just what I needed to convert RCA to 1/4" TS. I used them to hook an equalizer to an audio cabinet I'm restoring. Good value. Recommend.
review image
on February 19, 2017
exactly what i needed, not much to say other than they work perfectly fine.
on July 13, 2017
Cheap and very lose don't buy
on August 16, 2010
I work as an audio engineer so my cable kit must be able to match oddball connectors into mixing panels or recorders. The RCA plug is a very popular single ended interface (non-differential), and often must be connected to a differential input of a mixer or recorder.

I've trusted HOSA's matching cables for home level equipment for many years now. They make a quality product that does not skimp on manufacturing anywhere. This adapter is no different.

When going from single ended to differential you stand the potential of inserting noise into the signal if you use poor quality adapters. Fortunately with the HOSA cables and adapters this has never been a problem for me, which is why I prefer to buy that brand (I buy a couple of other cable brands as well, but HOSA is near the top of my list.)

These stubby adapters take up very little space on the back of a mixing console or recorder. They are a high quality way to match signals on RCA cables from CD/DVD systems to digital recorders or mixers.