From the Back Cover
This fully revised and updated Fourth Edition of Hospitality Marketing Management, is in a new, lively, full-color format! Providing readers with plain-language explanations, an abundance of exercises, and solid reinforcement of underlying theory, this new edition continues the book's long-standing tradition of providing students with a practical, applications-oriented approach to exploring the intricacies of marketing in this rapidly growing industry.
Packed with more visual aids than ever, this new edition also includes one-on-one interviews with industry leaders, as well as enhanced coverage of branding, franchising, strategic alliances, and international marketing. The text encourages learning-by-doing, and many chapters feature step-by-step models and processes that readers follow to develop marketing plans, evaluate marketing research, develop sales forecasts, and plan sales presentations, as well as other activities essential to the world of hospitality marketing professionals.
Other new features of this edition include:
- A new chapter on electronic commerce that focuses on using the Internet as a marketing tool
- An expanded distribution chapter, including up-to-date information on the pros and cons of franchising
- A new section on service blueprinting
- A useful, how-to approach to developing a marketing plan
- A detailed explanation of budgeting for advertising
- A new section on "SPIN® Selling," an approach used by many Fortune 500 companies
- New real-world case studies and samples of actual media plans
Filled with many practical examples balanced across the various hospitality disciplines—lodging, foodservice, travel, and tourism—Hospitality Marketing Management, Fourth Edition gives aspiring hospitality professionals the knowledge, experience, and confidence they will need to meet the challenges of this dynamic and rewarding industry.
About the Author
DAVID C. BOJANIC is Professor of Marketing in the Department of Hotel, Restaurant, and Travel Administration at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.