|Print List Price:||$12.95|
Save $9.96 (77%)
Host of the Armageddon (The Horsemen Chronicles Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
- File Size : 665 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 250 pages
- Publication Date : August 28, 2012
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B0093LWW62
- Publisher : Bedlam Press (An imprint of Necro Publications) (August 28, 2012)
- Screen Reader : Supported
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,208,686 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really enjoy a book with a strong female character and Ken Scott Smith captures this with his portrayal of Faye. Like all the men she encounters, I also couldn't help but fall in love with her. There's a really nice blend of ancient biblical aspects set in modern times, and I love the portrayal of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They have super human powers and are immortal, yet they are limited by their need to possess a human form and they hold many human characteristics. Like watching a den of thieves, it is interesting to see the Horsemen quarrel among themselves and struggle over supreme leadership within the group.
The main characters are all well developed, but the real strength of this novel is the fast pace and the plot twists. I agree with a prior review that the book would do well on the big screen. I've purchased the second book and am doing my best to not start it until I go on vacation this month. I'd highly recommend purchasing Host of the Armageddon, especially before the publisher realizes they have way under priced the Kindle Edition of these books.
In short, the book is a fast-paced adventure through the modern-day middle east infused with the fast-paced action and excitement of a Clive Cussler novel and the fantasy/mythology of movies like The Mummy. I have to say, this story would lend itself perfectly to a screen play some day....
- Not your ordinary action/fantasy novel. It takes place all over the middle east
- Main character is a woman
- Involves a unique and interesting concept and dark force - The four horsemen
- Lots of action, detail, and intelligence in Ken's writing
- The story line is not predictable - lots of plot twists and turns
- Pages fly by... you'll catch yourself staying up late to finish just one more chapter!
- Tends to be a bit too much detail in the first few chapters of the book at the expense of good dialogue
- One or two other nit picks I can't remember - not too many gripes
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY AND READ THIS BOOK:
- It is unlike other books of its genere
- The premise and concept is unigue, refreshing and different
- It's a fast-paced ride full of twists and turns that are not predictable
- Book two is in the works!
Shows a lot of promise, and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!
I don't want to give too much away, but it is a fast-paced ride through an age-old battle, and captured my attention from beginning to end (which is not an easy feat)! Ken Scott Smith keeps you on the edge of your seat, wondering where the story is heading. The characters are endearing, and believable, not to mention addicting!
We also have a second installment in the Chronicles, The Horsemen Chronicles®
Book II: Path of the Reliquary. Also published by Bedlam Press, in 2014. This brings back the main character, Faye, and (once again) the plot twists and turns as she continues her struggle to save humanity from the Horsemen! This is a smooth continuation of the story that keeps you guessing even more than the first book!
So head's up for all you Sci-fi/Fantasy fans out there in Radioland, you truly would enjoy checking out both books in the Chronicles!