Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Host: A Novel
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 171-180 of 409 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on March 26, 2013
This book was thought provoking and deep. I am glad I was warned that it takes until page 200 for the story "take shape".
I fell in love with all of the characters. I liked that it is from the host perspective. It is funny that the Wanderer and Melanie made me evaluate all that I have and take for granted every day. This story is about love in all kinds of relationships, and makes you think about what you would or would not be willing to do for those you love.
on April 16, 2013
It was a good book but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can't get three all beginnings because things don't really pick up though if you are into long stories about choosing love or life this is a great book.
on October 23, 2009
The first few chapters were a struggle to get through. They were confused and difficult to follow. Then the story picked up and I found myself enjoying the story. I liked the world created in the book, it is not overly unique, but she makes it her own.

My one complaint with Stephanie Meyer's female characters is that they are too wrapped up in the men they love. They have little to no other interests, and their love is all consuming and totally unrealistic.
on March 13, 2009
After reading the Twilight series for a younger audience, I had different expectations for this "adult" book. I read the Outlander series in between the Twilight series and The Host. I was very disappointed, then, to read The Host. The Outlander series had such remarkable character development and detail I felt like I was THERE. The Host was shallow and predictable by comparison, and I was wholly unsatisfied with the premise, plot and character development.
on April 3, 2013
It's a good book. Just too much focus on the love story. She really likes to put two guys that love the same girl in her stories. Kind of cruel. I haven't quite finished it yet, so I'm going to keep reading. thanks!
on May 5, 2013
Not what I expected. I enjoyed her other books so much and even read the book reviews and ratings relating to this one to prepare myself for something very different. Still couldn't quite get into it.
on July 5, 2009
After reading Twiilight, I thought I would like another SM book, but I was disappointed. The plot to this book drug on foreverrrrr! I felt like I was reading the same things over and over sometimes. It wasn't a bad book, just way too drug out. It was something different to read and somewhat kept my interest, but had I known what this book was fully going to be, I probably would have passed it up!
on November 9, 2009
I thought I would give this book a try because I was really into the Twilight Series. Reading this took me forever!!! It was super slow and I had to wait til the very end to really enjoy it. The ending was really good. The whole book was just boring. I couldn't really get into it.

Totally not something I would buy. I would save your money and check it out from the library.
on February 24, 2009
well i found this book to be a little strange......i tried to put myself into place in the book, but it was somewhat hard.....i totally got the book....just not sure about it....it was well worth the read though i wont be reading it again, it took me forever to read i just really couldnt get that into it i guess i expected more after the whole twilight series?? what happened??
on February 20, 2009
I'm surprised this book is getting such rave reviews - I am having trouble finishing it, and am tired of living in a cave. The social interaction in the text is juvenile and not in the least intriguing to me. I was surprised the author of Ender's Game could be so upbeat about it. I am simply disappointed, and I knew I would be and should not have listened to others.