Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 413 reviews
on March 30, 2017
I liked the movie, but the DVD stopped playing at chapter 18 on the disc, so I had to return it. :(
Now I don't know how it ends!!!
on August 17, 2015
Imaginative monster, great special effects, but demonization of the US is getting to be more than cliche. This is particularly the case in a country, South Korea, that more than ever depends on US presence. Anyway, taken as a whole, this is a well above-average mid-1950s type of monster flick. Imagine that the monster was done by Ray Harryhausen, and you get the idea. I've watched twice, and might watch again just for the opening 20 minutes, which are very intense..
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2016
I bought this based on many reviews claiming it to be a great monster movie. Even listed on several top horror movies to watch list. It was nothing special in my opinion. The story tends to draw out and in the end what should have been a happy ending feels hallow to me. It's worth a watch but nothing to rave about.
on August 26, 2007
This was an OK movie. I bought it after seeing the trailer and thought it would make a good addition to my HD movie list. It is NOT however, in my opinion, "on par with Jaws" as the box says. Jaws is probably my all time favorite movie and this just didn't live up to that. The CG was really good and the story wasn't bad. Unfortunately it has that campy, jokey feel you see all too often in Asian movies. I'm not sure why they do that. It also seems to loose something when the movie is dubbed into English. It just loses something, I dunno. That's just my opinion. The other reviews are correct in stating that the disc freezes in 2 spots of the film. Hitting fast forward cleared it. I know it's not my player because I watched 300 after watching that and had no issues. This is one for my cheesy movie collection, unfortunately. This had SO much potential.
on June 2, 2016
The film is alright, the cinema graphics of the creature is a bit off. Good emotion from the actors between adult and child.
on March 23, 2014
The special affects are very good. The acting is ok and the plot is good. this is the first movie I have purchased that had English headers and that leaves something to be desired. Over all, pretty good to me.
The collector's edition is dubbed in English and sounds as silly as the old "Godzilla" films from the 60's and 70's. The humor gets lost in the translation and the dubbing makes the family sound like a bunch of bungling "Laurel and Hardys" trying to rescue their little girl. There is a lot going on in this movie plotwise and it has a great monster, but PLEASE try to get a hold of the Korean language version.
on February 5, 2008
I will be generous with three stars for originality and laughs. The creature certainly is original; sort of a cross between an aligator and a St. Bernard, with jaws unlike anything else.

Perhaps in the original Korean language, it is much smoother, but the soundtrack is more stilted and quite laughable at times. Sort of like the translations one would find decades ago.

Rather harmless, without any real scares, and good for some good laughs.

Competent special effects, although so much rain got a bit annoying. The acting was so-so. Certainly not a film to give great depths of thought to. When the authorities spread their biological 'antidote', it was hard to not laugh. And the spliced in film segments from what was probably Desert Storm 1 was interesting as to the origin of the 'antidote'.
on October 13, 2014
Love the movie, but I bought this version because it claims to be English dubbed. It is not english dubbed. Great movie though.
on March 9, 2015
It did great up until the end. It just quit playing so I don't even know what happened.