- File Size: 3316 KB
- Print Length: 232 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: An Tig Beag Press (April 20, 2016)
- Publication Date: April 20, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01BKNR7RY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #150,840 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $11.00 (79%)
The Hostage of Glenorchy (The Highland Ballad Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Discover the Magic
Of Harry Potter with Kindle in Motion. Read on any device. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Abby’ father’s idea was that she should be a companion to the wife of the Laird of Glenorchy. But Abby is not pleased with the idea of being the companion to a sour old lady. After parting with her father, she disguises herself as a boy, slightly alters her father’s note to the steward of the castle, and upon arrival at Kilchurn Castle presents herself to the master of music as a musician to the laird’s wife. He agrees to take her on, and she is skilled enough to pass muster as a musician.
But though she tries to hide the fact, several people over the next weeks quickly become wise to the fact that she is a woman. Among these are the music master, the laird’s wife (who is not nearly so bad as Abby had imagined), and a certain Iain MacGregor. Iain is the laird’s wife’s cousin who is being held hostage there until Iain’s father agrees that certain lands which he claims actually belong to the laird’s barony. All these people are friendly enough, but there are others who appear to wish to discredit Abby with the laird, or worse, to do her harm, and she must steer her way carefully among them in an increasingly tense atmosphere.
In the end, it is clear that Abby and Iain still face many dangers and likely have many more adventures ahead of them.
This is a good story, based on real situations in a troubled time.
Most recent customer reviews
Abby is not your typical female and she would much rather play her lute than anything.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Romance > Historical > Scottish
- Books > Romance > Historical > Tudor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Scottish
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Medieval
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Scottish