Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

97%
Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on January 11, 2015
OK, so who doesn't like that All American Icon the Hot Dog? Even though it wasn't totally an American idea we have decided to make it our own! The program is a fun filled look at the under rated Hot Dog. If you have ever been to Coney Island (NY) you have tasted A Nathan's Famous Hot Dog. This program highlights the history and glamour surrounding this great dog. Hey, I am thousands of miles from Nathan's and still purchase their product from my local market. This DVD shows all of the great Hot Dogs and ways Hot Dogs are Made Up to appeal to our tastes, the NY style, Chicago, Texas etc. All great! And all here!

Buy and watch this video, oh and don't forget the Hot Dogs! Hey, by the way, Nathan's has an awesome Hot Dog Cook Book, aptly named.. Nathan's Hot Dog Recipes!

Mustard and Kraut on That?!
on December 30, 2010
I always loved hot dogs as a child growing up and seemed to outgrow the hotdog craze sometime after I was 15, but when I visit other places, I tend to go for a good hot dog stand. One sprang up in a nearby town and it is a lovely retreat in the summer. They also serve ice cream. I found that I haven't really outgrown the hot dog. I just haven't been close to a good hot dog restaurant until now. When watching this program, it looks as if one never really outgrows their love for hot dogs, especially the ones that you can't get in the grocery store, the pure Vienna Beef ones. I loved the program. It was surprising how much a part of our culture the hot dog is. The program kept me entertained. It was not boring, not too lengthy. It surprised me to know that all across the country, even Alaska, the hot dog is still a favorite. This brought American History into the present and I enjoyed it heartily.
on June 30, 2015
The Complete 1991 PBS' Video of America's Finest Hot Dog Places,some wildly popular,others not as much! Additional features not found on the episode is the Complete 15-Minute Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Games,and footage used on other Sebak-Produced Programs,related to this subject! An Hour running time for the Main episode,and 22 Minutes Extra for the Bonus Material...A Great,entertaining DVD!
on April 12, 2017
We LOVED it!! So much fun! Makes me want to open a hot dog place! Man I'm hungry!
on August 4, 2010
A Hot Dog Program is a wonderful excursion across America stopping at some of the most fasinating hot dog stands. From the O in Pittsburgh (where the medium fries weights 2 pounds!) to Pink's in Los Angeles (where the stars go for dogs) I just get hungry doing this review!

However, if food is not your thing then this program is not for you.
If you like Rick Sebak's style, then get "Sandwiches You will Like". That one is about sandwiches.
on May 30, 2009
If you love hot dogs, you'll love "a hot dog program" this shows places all over the U.S with different and good ways to have a hot dog. Another notable ting about hot dog places is, unlike McDonalds or Burger King which looks the same all over, you can not say the same for Hot Dog places.
It was never made clear when the hot dogs got started, or how they got the name hot dog, only some guesses here. The people are just as fun too.
watch it. then put on the dogs to eat. you'll be ready.
on March 8, 2007
This extremely entertaining and highly re-watchable documentary takes the viewer to unique hot dog restaurants all over the country, experiencing the fun and tasty character of each place. Watching this will make you want a few hot dogs yourself, so be prepared.

The presentation is 100% positive, no segments on hot dog manufacturing or on ingredients with questionable palatability. No comments on sodium or coloring or other additives. Its all about why each particular eatery attracts and brings back its clientele, which usually includes a combination a great sausage, unique toppings or equally unique servers. You also get a lot of history about hot dogs and the restaurants, which adds some nice background.

This video is so great that we not only watch it ourselves but also invite friends over to watch it, then, half-way through we start serving hot dogs and all the trimmings. It's always a big hit.
All of Rick Sebak's documentaries are great, but I feel this is is best work. It makes you hungry watching it, it's relaxing, and I can pull it out from time to time and watch it again and again. Let's face it, this video brings people together; hey, just like the hotdog!
on March 6, 2016
This DVD will make you want a hotdog. This is an outstanding video.
on June 2, 2015
I love Rick Sebak's travel and food programs. Two complaints... Why are they so expensive? and Why are they so hard to get?