Extra Tracks, Import
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Killers (Rock) Hot Fuss US CD album
The Killers match postpunk guitars with a synthesizer overlay that recalls '80s New Wave without burying their sound in nostalgia. On their debut, Hot Fuss, frontman Brandon Flowers plumbs his imagination for tales of murdered lovers ("Jenny Was a Friend of Mine," "Midnight Show"), voyeurism ("Mr. Brightside"), and sexual confusion (the single "Somebody Told Me"). Flowers and his mates are obviously canny students; the total effect is of a playacted obsession, but one made irresistible by their skillful, catchy songs. If there's an occasional misstep (the painfully earnest line "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" from "All These Things That I've Done"), it seems of a piece with the Killers' influences. As it is, Hot Fuss is one of several recent releases that bring a diverting faux glamour to the mainstream rock scene. --Rickey Wright
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine - 5/5. A great way to open the album, even if the song is about a guy who killed his girlfriend. Love the music. One of my favorite songs.
2. Mr. Brightside - 5/5. This was the song that got me hooked on the Killers and is my favorite on the album. The lyrics are very real and the music is great.
3. Smile Like You Mean It - 5/5. Another great song. Though not as good as the previous two, I'd still give it 5/5.
4. Somebody Told Me - 5/5. Great single about a guy who suspects his girlfriend is not quite what she seems to be.
5. All These Things I've Done - 3/5. The song is good until "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier". I'm sorry, the gospel choir just ruined it for me.
6. Andy, You're a Star - 4/5. Good song with a cool beat.
7. On Top - Another good song.
8. Change Your Mind - 4/5. Yet another good song, but nothing incredible.
9. Believe Me Natalie - 4/5. Sensing a pattern here...it's a good song.
10. Midnight Show - 4.5/5. I really like this song.
11. Everything Will Be Alright - 3/5. OK song, they could have picked a better closing song.
All things considered, this album is amazing, if not just for the first four songs, which are, in my opinion, the clearly superior tracks. A couple of filler songs, but overall definitely worth the money.