Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 159 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 810 reviews
on July 27, 2016
This is a very good album that most will enjoy, I have always been a fan of the killers this is the best album in my opinion. The following is based on sound quality and not the music itself. I am a light audiophile and I have to say this cd should only be played in car or speakers. In general this album is VERY loud. But I'm referring to how the loudness drowns everything out. No instrument separation and poor soundstage. The sound quality is muddy and compressed I listen to the FLAC file on my Dt 990s and could hardly bare to listen. Do not buy for headphones if you own a decent pair. They need a complete overhaul remaster. But like I said this does not ruin the album as a whole.
on February 26, 2017
I've listened to this album many times through the years and it hasn't sounded better than this new vinyl pressing. Even without a high end home theater system (I have a Logitech surround system connected to my record player) I felt almost like I was listening to the album for the first time again. Part of this may be because a lot of those times I listened to it were on my car stereo but still, it sounds very nice.
on January 19, 2016
Hot Fuss is a hell of a record. The first 5 tracks off this sensational debut effort could easily be five tracks of a greatest hits album. This CD pretty much epitomizes the new wave rock of 2004. A perfect blend of synth pop, indie rock, glam, and dance all rolled up into one. This is most definitely one of the best albums of the 2000's. There isn't a bad track, in my opinion, and it's one of those rare gems where you can play the entire album from front to back without just having a couple decent tracks to repeat. My favorite tracks are Jennie Was a Friend of Mine and All These Things I've Done, but I thoroughly enjoy all the others as well. Not just an incredible debut album, but a solid, top notch one in general. 5/5 stars
on April 25, 2017
For the vinyl version: Great album for the Killers, but i have a bad pressing. Sloppy vinyl shreds on the edges of the record, and the sound on this reissue was terrible. Get digital for this release.
on May 22, 2017
Hypnotic rhythms and vocals immerse the listener. Hot Fuss makes me envision clubs with dance floors packed with sweating and swaying bodies.
on January 16, 2005
OK, I apologize for the bad pun. But if you haven't heard the Killers yet, you don't know what you're missing out on. They're an interesting blend of alternative rock/indie/synth and they are simply fantastic. Brandon Flowers, the lead singer, rocks on the synthesizer, lending the songs some really cool music. Here's a breakdown of the songs:

1. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine - 5/5. A great way to open the album, even if the song is about a guy who killed his girlfriend. Love the music. One of my favorite songs.

2. Mr. Brightside - 5/5. This was the song that got me hooked on the Killers and is my favorite on the album. The lyrics are very real and the music is great.

3. Smile Like You Mean It - 5/5. Another great song. Though not as good as the previous two, I'd still give it 5/5.

4. Somebody Told Me - 5/5. Great single about a guy who suspects his girlfriend is not quite what she seems to be.

5. All These Things I've Done - 3/5. The song is good until "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier". I'm sorry, the gospel choir just ruined it for me.

6. Andy, You're a Star - 4/5. Good song with a cool beat.

7. On Top - Another good song.

8. Change Your Mind - 4/5. Yet another good song, but nothing incredible.

9. Believe Me Natalie - 4/5. Sensing a pattern here...it's a good song.

10. Midnight Show - 4.5/5. I really like this song.

11. Everything Will Be Alright - 3/5. OK song, they could have picked a better closing song.

All things considered, this album is amazing, if not just for the first four songs, which are, in my opinion, the clearly superior tracks. A couple of filler songs, but overall definitely worth the money.
on April 21, 2017
One of the best LPs to have in collection. Of newer period of music
on April 29, 2015
I listened to the whole album last night and really enjoyed it. I really like the "Smile Like You Mean It" and "Somebody Told Me". This album is pretty good for a band's debut. I recommend getting this.
on May 5, 2017
Thank you for making my heart happy, excellent product
on March 7, 2006
This ablum is great... for the first 5 songs. You know them, you love them, they are all hit singles. Too bad the next 6 haven't managed to squeak there way into my rotation yet. I find my self clicking next next next through them. This would make a great tape back in the day, I would have called it a one sider... with the second side never seeing the light of day. But the songs for which you are likely looking at this CD for were enough to convince me to buy it, rather than hope for a one day greatest hits compilation.