Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hot Huez Temporary Hair Chalk
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on May 13, 2013
My daughter wanted this in the worst way so I bought it, it has been fine! I dampen her hair with de-tangler spray, then slide the color in, but don't press to hard or it will be clumpy, go light you can always go over it again! I take the hair dryer to it, and lightly dry the damp strands spray with hairspray and it holds! She is dark blonde and it lasted all day and came out in the shower! As long as it is not clumpy it wont transfer to clothing or furniture!!!
Cheaper on the Hot Huez website!
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2013
We bought Hot Huez even after the negative reviews on the product and the horrible things we heard about shipping. Our nine-year old still wanted to spend her own money on this product.

I placed the order on the Hot Huez website, the night of 5/29. We received the product today, even though we were told it could be 2-6 weeks for delivery. One hurdle, overcome! Fantastic turn around time for shipping!

We used Hot Huez tonight and followed the directions EXACTLY (but added a quick touch with a flat iron after the spray) and so far it's awesome....We shall see what the pillowcase looks like in the morning I suppose.

Another complaint was the chalk mess....well, it's chalk. There was a little residue, but use a towel, it's fine...again...it's still CHALK so, yeah, it's a little dusty...think about the erasers you cleaned as kids (it's NO WHERE NEAR that bad!)

All in all....as of right now, I give this product 5 stars....tomorrow it might drop a bit, depending on that pillow case! LOL
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2015
I bought this for my daughter the other day, and it was horrible. When I put some on her, the chalk went all over my hands, and I had to put so much hairspray so the color would stay. No matter how much I put, the color would still go everywhere. On furniture, the walls, everywhere. I recomend buying another product or getting help from a professional.
on November 17, 2015
Very cute. Applies easily. Washes out nicely. It is a big chalky to touch in the hair. Chalk also got on clothes while applying it but these are great as a temporary hair coloring. Worked on blonde and brown hair.
on September 11, 2013
My daughters as soon as they saw this on tv had to have it. This product can be a little bit messing but it cleans up easily. I would recommend putting in hair in the bathroom where any chalk that does drop can be easily cleaned up. I also place a towel around my daughter(s) shoulders when applying to keep from getting on their clothes. Also, I noticed many say that it doesn't stay in the hair, however we put in a leave in conditioner which made for easy application in my daughters hair and then added hairspray. The hairspray is meant to keep it from coming off on everything else(clothes, furniture, etc.)and we haven't had any problems with that. My oldest daughter has medium brown hair and as some have mentioned it is harder to see in darker hair however you can apply a couple of applications to make it darker. I think it shows up great in her hair but it does take more than one application. Now my youngest daughter still has really blonde hair and it does show up much brighter in her hair with just one time applying to her hair. Honestly, I think it great, the product will last longer that way since I have two girls using it. Lastly, I will say that it washes out of darker hair much easier than light hair. It washes out of my oldest hair with just one washing, however my youngest with the really light blonde hair it takes about 2-3 shampoos to come out completely. Which I normally do back to back when in bath so no big deal. Because normally after I see it in their hair all day, where it is cute, by the end of the day, I am ready for it to be gone. Overall a nice temporary product for young girls in my opinion. Hope this helps!
on December 14, 2014
Have received as promised. Am happy with the product. Boxes slightly damaged.
on December 17, 2013
Got this for my sisiter for her birthday. Arrived quickly and she loved it! the color isn't nearly as intense as in the commercial (as was expected) and the chalks don't stay in, we had to hot glue them all back in! You also have to REALLY press and pull the chalk on the hair, which to honest was painful, that how hard you need to press and pull.
on April 30, 2013
My daughter wanted this so badly and waited a few weeks for it. It went in her hair great but by the time I was done it was all over my hands. Within an hour it was all over my furniture. The color does not stay on, but it is a good way to track the path of your kids because it leaves residue and color everywhere they go! By the end of the day I was washing clothes and sofa cushions and you couldn't even tell there was any color left in her hair, but if you ran your fingers through it your hands came out colored. This product should be limited to carnivals and other venues where you know it's going to be a mess and is just done for fun.
33 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
Not Bad for the Price. For that price, you don't expect it to last forever. We used leave in conditioner to dampen the hair before applying then used hairspray after to help secure it. It lasted for the day. It will come off on things if you're not careful. Definitely wash it out before bed or laying on things. The lighter color of your hair, the more the colors show.
on December 23, 2013
Bought this for my 8 year old twin girls who both have long hair....
Looks cute but if you have long hair it gets all over your clothes.
My daughter used the green and it turned her tank top green