Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,093 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,188 reviews
on May 23, 2013
On first use, I put in a full cup of popcorn, which is what the printed instructions said (it seemed like a lot) only to have the popper start smoking. I shut it off, took the popcorn out, and noticed that the rim of the popper said not to use more than 1/2 C. I took out 1/2 the popcorn, and it was fine. Basically a full 1 Cup was just too much weight. That's fine, but for those of us who read the manual first, it's a pretty major misprint.

Once we fixed that issue, though, the popper was fast, the popcorn is good, and there were very few unpopped kernels.
22 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
I love this popper. It's my 2nd in 2 years and I will continue to buy them for as long as needed. The last one had to be replaced because our moving company was not so graceful in packing... different story for another time. This popper is quick and efficient and never fails to produce awesome popcorn ever time!

Like like some have said in their negative reviews, kernels may go flying all over the place if you're not careful. This situation is actually *very* avoidable. Please pay attention to the -size- of the kernels you purchase. Cheap, generic brands generally yield a cheap, generic kernel that is rather small and very light. These undersized kernels will ride around in the air designed to push the popped corn out of the chute and fly right out because they don't have enough heft to fall back down. Once the kernels pop, the heavier kernels have more surface volume and can then easily ride the air out of the chute.

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. Grab a generic bag of kernels and a bag of more quality kernels and compare the two. You'll be able to see a difference in the size and uniformity between the two.
44 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
Measured 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn, put the measuring lid back in place and plugged in the machine. I stood off to the side to make sure no unpopped corn did not land on me. Only one kernel popped out that didn't land in the bowl. And that little guy was the only one that did not pop! I ended up with a HUGE bowl of popcorn so be sure to use the biggest bowl you've got unless you use less than 1/2 cup. If you buy the reliable Orville popcorn, 1/4 to 1/3 cup is plenty for one person. If you're starving, measure out the entire 1/2 cup and pig out!
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
Great little hot air popper! Popcorn is tasty and so light. One thing I don't like is that it has no on/off switch so you just simply plug in and pull the plug when it's done, seeing that disconcerting little arc inside the switch. :-(
on October 19, 2013
So inexpensive, yet works great...pops kernels quickly and doesn't leave many kernels behind. :-). I highly recommend this popcorn popper--great value
on August 9, 2014
Amended after owning for about a year:

Pretty disappointed. Over time the clear plastic top started melting and breaking; just about a year after purchase, maybe thirty uses in all, the motor stopped, black horrible smoke started coming out, and the unit is dead. Threw it out this morning.

I like air-popped popcorn, but this thing isn't built to last. Not worth the money.

===========

Easy to use, pops quickly, easy to clean. Blows popcorn all over the kitchen: the last bit of popcorn comes out along with kernels which pop immediately after landing in the bowl, shooting popped corn out and all over.

The "butter melting tray" thing at the top is useful, but it gets hot and I've accidentally dumped a load of melted butter into the unit, and there's no way to clean that out, so I had to take it outside and run it until the dark smoke stopped bellowing out. But it does still work, and now I know how *not* to pick it up.
on February 1, 2015
I am so happy with this purchase!! It's perfect, use the measuring cup to get the right amount if kernels, put a large bowl under the chute and plug it in. Simple! I've read some reviews that said the kernels fly all over the place or that the lid/cup melted from the hot air...but I have not experienced that all! The one and only thing I would change about it would be to add an On/Off switch. Even without that, I love it!
review image
on January 7, 2016
Popper works well, except, as suggested by one of the other reviewiers, I tilt it back slightly on the initial time when it warms up, so the raw kernels do not fly out before popping and then once there are a substantial amount popped, I put it back down level on the counter. I use a large paper bag, instead of a bowl, as most use, because then the popcorn does not fly out of the bowl, as it may do and stays in the confined area. There are still some kernels that remain unpopped at the end, but are usually partially popped and edible, but a few are not. Overall, I would recommend this product to others.
on November 11, 2013
Nice popper. I've never used an air popper before. My experience with this one has been all positive. It's easy to use. It's quick. There aren't many unpopped kernals.
on June 11, 2014
I bought this as part of a Mother's Day gift for my mother. She used it a total of 4 times over the course of two weeks before it stopped working all together. It was cleaned, allowed to cool, etc. but it still didn't work. I couldn't return it because it was the day after the 30 day limit that it stopped working. I just threw it away. What a waste of money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.