Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on May 23, 2013
On first use, I put in a full cup of popcorn, which is what the printed instructions said (it seemed like a lot) only to have the popper start smoking. I shut it off, took the popcorn out, and noticed that the rim of the popper said not to use more than 1/2 C. I took out 1/2 the popcorn, and it was fine. Basically a full 1 Cup was just too much weight. That's fine, but for those of us who read the manual first, it's a pretty major misprint.

Once we fixed that issue, though, the popper was fast, the popcorn is good, and there were very few unpopped kernels.
22 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2013
Measured 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn, put the measuring lid back in place and plugged in the machine. I stood off to the side to make sure no unpopped corn did not land on me. Only one kernel popped out that didn't land in the bowl. And that little guy was the only one that did not pop! I ended up with a HUGE bowl of popcorn so be sure to use the biggest bowl you've got unless you use less than 1/2 cup. If you buy the reliable Orville popcorn, 1/4 to 1/3 cup is plenty for one person. If you're starving, measure out the entire 1/2 cup and pig out!
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2012
I love this popper. It's my 2nd in 2 years and I will continue to buy them for as long as needed. The last one had to be replaced because our moving company was not so graceful in packing... different story for another time. This popper is quick and efficient and never fails to produce awesome popcorn ever time!

Like like some have said in their negative reviews, kernels may go flying all over the place if you're not careful. This situation is actually *very* avoidable. Please pay attention to the -size- of the kernels you purchase. Cheap, generic brands generally yield a cheap, generic kernel that is rather small and very light. These undersized kernels will ride around in the air designed to push the popped corn out of the chute and fly right out because they don't have enough heft to fall back down. Once the kernels pop, the heavier kernels have more surface volume and can then easily ride the air out of the chute.

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. Grab a generic bag of kernels and a bag of more quality kernels and compare the two. You'll be able to see a difference in the size and uniformity between the two.
44 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 13, 2013
Great little hot air popper! Popcorn is tasty and so light. One thing I don't like is that it has no on/off switch so you just simply plug in and pull the plug when it's done, seeing that disconcerting little arc inside the switch. :-(
on October 19, 2013
So inexpensive, yet works great...pops kernels quickly and doesn't leave many kernels behind. :-). I highly recommend this popcorn popper--great value
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 9, 2014
Amended after owning for about a year:

Pretty disappointed. Over time the clear plastic top started melting and breaking; just about a year after purchase, maybe thirty uses in all, the motor stopped, black horrible smoke started coming out, and the unit is dead. Threw it out this morning.

I like air-popped popcorn, but this thing isn't built to last. Not worth the money.

===========

Easy to use, pops quickly, easy to clean. Blows popcorn all over the kitchen: the last bit of popcorn comes out along with kernels which pop immediately after landing in the bowl, shooting popped corn out and all over.

The "butter melting tray" thing at the top is useful, but it gets hot and I've accidentally dumped a load of melted butter into the unit, and there's no way to clean that out, so I had to take it outside and run it until the dark smoke stopped bellowing out. But it does still work, and now I know how *not* to pick it up.
on February 1, 2015
I am so happy with this purchase!! It's perfect, use the measuring cup to get the right amount if kernels, put a large bowl under the chute and plug it in. Simple! I've read some reviews that said the kernels fly all over the place or that the lid/cup melted from the hot air...but I have not experienced that all! The one and only thing I would change about it would be to add an On/Off switch. Even without that, I love it!
review image
on December 6, 2016
This is a GREAT popper. Fast, efficient and pops generally all the kernals. Use the measuring cup provided to avoid burning the corn. Use good quality popcorn and get it at Sams or Walmart to save. Use a brown bag to catch all the popped kernals if concerned about some corn getting on the floor - let the dogs get the loose kernals. Melt your butter in a microwave and pour the melt over the kernals in your bowl or bag. This machine is the fastest, cheapest, and least messy of all. Granted not the biggest popper, but who cares - it will pop multiple batches faster than you can eat the results and without a greasy mess to cleanup afterwards. And for goodness sakes, stop finding fault and ENJOY!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 11, 2013
Nice popper. I've never used an air popper before. My experience with this one has been all positive. It's easy to use. It's quick. There aren't many unpopped kernals.
on January 20, 2016
I bought this back two years ago, Feb 2014. Sad to say it died today, but in a strange way. It just...stopped. The blower stopped blowing, but it was still plugged in. I emptied the popcorn and kernels from the machine, and smoke began to issue from the blower vent inside. Not billowing clouds, but enough for me to run outside with it before it set off the smoke detectors.

So, after 2 years of faithful service, and lots and lots of bowls of popcorn, it finally kicked the ol' popcorn bucket. The reason for the failure is still a bit of a mystery for me. Maybe some of the chaff from the popcorn got into the blower and clogged it over time? I'll dismantle it and update this review with my findings. The blower motor failed, yes, which shut it off, but, was it really "off", or was it just letting current cook through its wires? This seems to present some sort of safety concern, but, as quickly as this thing pops popcorn, it would require negligence on the part of the owner for it to get to that point. You just shouldn't leave this thing alone.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.