- "Fans of romantic suspense and New Adult will be enthralled by Lush's novel involving a journalist and a mysterious and handsome Italian, who's bound to take your breath away. The intrigue is heavy and there's many secrets embedded within the plot, prompting one to feverishly flip the pages to discover if there's an HEA or the ever-so-popular cliffhanger. Sizzling-hot sex scenes are an added bonus and provide a break from the heart-stopping action." - RT Book Reviews
- "An engrossing read." - Romance Novel News
- "The hot, sexy and powerful attraction between these two characters is amazing, not to mention that Luca is HAWT and his sex appeal absolutely sizzles off the pages!!" - Tami Talbert, The Book Enthusiast
- "That book had me from the get go. I pretty much read it in one sitting and I never wanted to put it down." - Angela Plumlee, Books and Booze Reviews
- "Kudos to Tamara Lush for a fast-paced, very sexy debut novel." - Helen H., Goodreads reader
From the Author
I wanted to tell a story with a happy ending.
I'm a longtime romance reader and love books with intrigue and sex. I also couldn't shake off my years of covering crime in Florida. I began to wonder: What would happen if a young, rookie reporter met a hot Italian man while covering a story, then fell in love? What if the Italian was hiding a big secret? What if the Italian was also a journalist, but couldn't tell anyone because he was running from danger?
Hot Shade was born.
My Boroughs Publishing Group editor, Chris Keeslar, helped me bring out the nuances in the hero and heroine. We also talked a lot about the book's setting and how Florida is almost another character in the novel. As a romantic suspense, Hot Shade has some of the qualities of the Florida noir genre: sun-soaked, sexy and ever-so-slightly cynical. And yet, it's a romantic story of two people who find true love in the tropics.
I hope readers enjoy the book!