Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Packaging May Vary)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on January 8, 2011
At the cost of $1 per car, you can't beat this. The variety is great. It has imaginary cars, real cars, and even a motorcycle and some planes. I don't think a reviewer should mark down the durability just because the box is cardboard. The durability of hot wheels cars is (and always have been) excellent. My 2-year-old son regularly smashes these cars into each other (and into walls, his sisters, etc.) and they still work perfectly.
on September 6, 2011
This box set is a great way for a casual or new collector to get into Hot Wheels. The set comes with 50 different cars and other vehicles (no duplicates) and as far as I can tell, they are not randomly put in there as I have found info from others and they seemed to have the same vehicles in their boxes as mine came with. If you don't have any or only own a few Hot Wheels, you will be pleased with the variety of cars. There is something in there for just about any kind of car nut to enjoy. I am certain that any kid would love this set as well, it's just a great set for any age group.

The box is made of nicely printed cardboard and about the size and shape of a small shoe box, and the cars are packed in tightly so it weighs a good amount. If you put them back in, be sure to do so carefully or you can damage the packaging of the individual cars (if that matters to you). The cars all come on the so called short cards, not the standard cardboard backs that you will see in a retail store. A few standouts were the Batmobile, a Monte Carlo SS (80's), Nissan GTR, Datsun 510, Ford GT, Cuda, Chevelle and Twin Mill III.

I'd say if you're a hard core collector, you probably have all the cars in the box and don't need to buy this, but for a kid or casual/new collector this is a great way to start your collection or could be enough to be your whole collection. Not having seen the actual contents I was a little apprehensive before buying this, but now that I have it I can say I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. There are only one or two cars in the box I didn't like, the rest are great.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
Nice Selection
I have bought 7 of these Basic Car 50-Packs over the past few years. Each box has a few special cars (Batmobile, Scooby Mystery Machine, Angry Bird, Angry Pig, Herbie Love Bug...). There is a nice variety, a good selection. 50 different cars for $50.

As I buy a box of these every 6 months (2-3 boxes a year), there have been very few duplicates box to box.
I bought two boxes at the same time once and there were many duplicates from box to box (not an issue for me at all).
I have bought these for:
1. Potty Prizes training a toddler
2. Christmas Stocking Stuffers
3. Goodie Bags for Birthday parties. What can you get for $1 that is actually a cool prize? Yeah, Hot Wheels. Put a few in every Goodie Bag.
4. The whole box as a gift for a special kid.
5. We go to a store and he wants to buy something that I don't really want him to have... Not today Bud, but just wait. I do have a cool prize at home for you. Hot Wheels?? Yes!!

I will be buying more of these Boxes.
on January 13, 2016
five stars
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 22, 2016
GREAT pack of cars! We got a really good variety, some classic cars, a few trucks, some bigger vehicles, vans, movie cars, glow in the dark cars, even a yellow submarine. My kids have been playing with them non-stop. They are actual die cast cars, sometimes with a few plastic pieces but mostly the durable Hot Wheels that I am used to. They also come individually packaged inside the big box, so you can use them for gifts a few at a time if you want. We used some of them as treats to help potty train my twins, some for "just because" gifts, and saved some for gifts later. We are very happy with this purchase, and will probably get another box of these for Christmas!
on March 31, 2014
A wonderful way to make your nephew happy and anger their parents! I bought these for my nephew and he just couldn't believe how many there were, it was an awesome experience watching him go through every single one.

The best part, though, was watching his parents realize that they had 50 hot wheels cars that were going to be everywhere!!!
on February 18, 2014
I gave these to my nephew for Christmas. I had thought about giving him one at a time throughout the year. I am glad I gave them to him all at once. The look on his face was priceless. He immediately went through them all and was very happy. No repeats and some hard to find cars were in the mix. I am very happy I made this purchase.
on April 10, 2014
What a great value- this was almost twice as many cars as come with most sets and is fully packed with individually packaged cars. Wide variety, which I understand varies from box to box. Mine had everything from a cement mixer to Scooby Doo van, all kinds of race cars
on January 19, 2016
So many cars... all are individually packaged (save some for future presents through out the year). all wheels roll good and a good variety of cars. i dont think we got one duplicate in the lot. Kids love them
on August 5, 2016
This was a perfect gift for my 3 year old son, he was so excited when he opened the "big box" of cars. I bought him a case to put his cars into and I am glad I did as the box that comes with this set is just made of cheap cardboard and would never hold up to my 3 year old's use. The cars themselves are all Hot Wheels and are all different. We got a yellow submarine, 2 different bat mobiles, a variety of race cars, motorcycles and trucks. All that matters to me is they are hot wheels and that my son loves them. He has been playing with them everyday and is enjoying them!!

I have included a couple of pics that show some of the cars, trucks and motorcycles that came with the set... the case has a whole other side that is full of cars that came with this set, too.
review image review image