Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Packaging May Vary)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc  Reckless Kelly Starting at $39.99 Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting Dressmaker Dressmaker Dressmaker  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition ErrollGarner Shop Now

on January 8, 2011
At the cost of $1 per car, you can't beat this. The variety is great. It has imaginary cars, real cars, and even a motorcycle and some planes. I don't think a reviewer should mark down the durability just because the box is cardboard. The durability of hot wheels cars is (and always have been) excellent. My 2-year-old son regularly smashes these cars into each other (and into walls, his sisters, etc.) and they still work perfectly.
on November 22, 2014
Nice Selection
I have bought 7 of these Basic Car 50-Packs over the past few years. Each box has a few special cars (Batmobile, Scooby Mystery Machine, Angry Bird, Angry Pig, Herbie Love Bug...). There is a nice variety, a good selection. 50 different cars for $50.

As I buy a box of these every 6 months (2-3 boxes a year), there have been very few duplicates box to box.
I bought two boxes at the same time once and there were many duplicates from box to box (not an issue for me at all).
I have bought these for:
1. Potty Prizes training a toddler
2. Christmas Stocking Stuffers
3. Goodie Bags for Birthday parties. What can you get for $1 that is actually a cool prize? Yeah, Hot Wheels. Put a few in every Goodie Bag.
4. The whole box as a gift for a special kid.
5. We go to a store and he wants to buy something that I don't really want him to have... Not today Bud, but just wait. I do have a cool prize at home for you. Hot Wheels?? Yes!!

I will be buying more of these Boxes.
on July 22, 2016
GREAT pack of cars! We got a really good variety, some classic cars, a few trucks, some bigger vehicles, vans, movie cars, glow in the dark cars, even a yellow submarine. My kids have been playing with them non-stop. They are actual die cast cars, sometimes with a few plastic pieces but mostly the durable Hot Wheels that I am used to. They also come individually packaged inside the big box, so you can use them for gifts a few at a time if you want. We used some of them as treats to help potty train my twins, some for "just because" gifts, and saved some for gifts later. We are very happy with this purchase, and will probably get another box of these for Christmas!
on September 5, 2012
My students LOVE to get these for prizes. The freak out every time I get a new box and beg to have it when it's empty. It's not the sturdiest box but the kids love the design. And then they see the cars inside and ooh and ah. It's a real crowd pleaser. My students are preschool through sixth graders so it's hard to find something that makes them all happy. I'd recommend this product to anyone.
on January 13, 2016
five stars
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 18, 2014
I gave these to my nephew for Christmas. I had thought about giving him one at a time throughout the year. I am glad I gave them to him all at once. The look on his face was priceless. He immediately went through them all and was very happy. No repeats and some hard to find cars were in the mix. I am very happy I made this purchase.
on April 10, 2014
What a great value- this was almost twice as many cars as come with most sets and is fully packed with individually packaged cars. Wide variety, which I understand varies from box to box. Mine had everything from a cement mixer to Scooby Doo van, all kinds of race cars
on August 5, 2016
This was a perfect gift for my 3 year old son, he was so excited when he opened the "big box" of cars. I bought him a case to put his cars into and I am glad I did as the box that comes with this set is just made of cheap cardboard and would never hold up to my 3 year old's use. The cars themselves are all Hot Wheels and are all different. We got a yellow submarine, 2 different bat mobiles, a variety of race cars, motorcycles and trucks. All that matters to me is they are hot wheels and that my son loves them. He has been playing with them everyday and is enjoying them!!

I have included a couple of pics that show some of the cars, trucks and motorcycles that came with the set... the case has a whole other side that is full of cars that came with this set, too.
review image review image
on January 19, 2016
So many cars... all are individually packaged (save some for future presents through out the year). all wheels roll good and a good variety of cars. i dont think we got one duplicate in the lot. Kids love them
on September 5, 2016
I'm a teacher at a preschool and my boys (sometimes the girls) love their hot wheels cars. This pack is amazing and it gives you a wonderful variety. I never put more than one 20 cars out for them to play with at a time, so this pack allows me to mix it up every couple of weeks or wait for some to break (which none have yet) and just easily replace them. I also have to keep the box on a top shelf because the boys want me to open up a new car everyday. A great buy!