Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 892 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 993 reviews
on November 5, 2012
This Hot Wheels carrying case for 48 cars is well made, sturdy, latches securely and looks nice. It's a good way to store the cars in an organized fashion. Good for kids or collectors.

It's been about a year and a half since I bought this Hot Wheels carrying case. I've had no trouble with the hinges or the snap/shut lid. However there are some things I don't like. First, there are really only 36 individual compartments for one car each. There are three compartments that will hold four cars each, but the cars are NOT separated, so there is scratching of car on car in this larger type of compartment. The second thing I don't like is the fact that the case is solid black plastic that you cannot see through. In fact, I've found a BETTER option for storing my Hot Wheels collections.

When I filled up the Hot Wheels carrying case, I got on Amazon to order another, and found a reviewer that was recommending the Creative Options Thread Organizer to store Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars in. So I checked it out. First of all the case is clear plastic, so you can see your cars clearly from the outside. Secondly it's two sided, each side having it's own door and twenty two individual compartments with one additional compartment holding two cars, for a total of twenty four places for cars per side, or 48 cars total. I absolutely love it! The only thing I don't like, and this holds for the Hot Wheels brand carrying case too, the individual compartments have enough room per car, that if the case tips over, the cars tumble around inside and don't stay right side up. However, in the Thread Organizer, the cars aren't being battered by each other if the case falls over. When I ordered the Thread Organizer, I ordered three! And I'm glad I did. I LOVE the clear organizer! It's a good showcase for my collection and I love looking at the individual cars without having to open up the case. For adult or teenage collectors, I recommend the Creative Options Thread Organizer for Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars.

I don't know how this case would hold up under the use of a child. I haven't had any problem with the hinges or snap/shut lid. However, I can see that rough handling might pose difficulties. I'm an adult collector, so I'm more careful with my cars, etc. I'm happy with this clear two sided case for my Hot Wheels cars. I like it better than the trademark Hot Wheels carrying case.
on December 2, 2013
We have had these for a long time and it is one of my favorite things in my sons room. My son sits on them, stands on them and somehow they have held up. He loves cleaning up because his cars have individual "garages". Easy to open, close and slide under the bed. A big bonus for me is that they are made here in the USA, which is probably why they are made well. I wish I could choose the design when purchasing because we have gotten multiple cases and each one is the same, but honestly it is not a deal breaker. Bottom line, I love the cases and will recommend over and over!
on July 5, 2017
It's cheap, that's it's big perk. The lid keeps coming completely off. When it is on, it does not latch well. Even if that worked fine, this stores cars front/back in first, not sideways. Not a good way to "see your cars." I'll be throwing it in the trash soon and finding a nicer case.
on July 5, 2017
Ok After some use here is a honest review ... I would not buy again the hinges come apart I found myself constantly putting it back together, So I tried zip tying the hinges that worked for about 2 weeks then they just flat out broke so If you want a case that the kids are gonna actually use I would NOT buy this one.
on December 8, 2013
This is cheaply made, the card board in front where the hot wheel name and picture is, was carelessly glued on the plastic case. It actually has a long folded line right in the middle of the case, its all wrinkled and improperly Installed. this is something that i would have found at the dollar store. This is not very nice to buy for a gift if you like the person or kid you are giving this to. If you don't wanna be ashamed of yourself or embarrassed by giving this to people you care about don't buy this. Find something else, I Think i paid too much money for it. in my case I'm kinda glad that my son is too young to notice that, I bought this for him for christmas and I just don't have anytime to return this and then wrap it. Also on the card board it says its made in U.S. but at the back of the case says made in china, what a joke!
on December 9, 2016
We bought two older models of this box that worked great. However, this one is terrible. The lid comes completely off the box every time it's opened. It's difficult to re-attach, and pointless--since it comes off so easily. The problem with the lid makes this a very ineffective storage item!
on June 19, 2017
The hinges should be of better quality, since two of the four purchased have since broke off and are unable to close the cover. Overall they are cheaply made. I suppose if they are used very little and not opened all the time they may of lasted longer.
on March 4, 2016
My nephew has a TON of Hot Wheels cars. It's like he just can't get enough of them. I remember this with my brother when we were small. When you start tripping over little cars in the house.....it's time to grab one of these storage cases (or even two of them)!

This case holds 48 cars. We were able to fill it with trucks, cars, and even a helicopter. Everything was nicely tucked away.......until he decided to play again. So, now we have a great time cleaning up the toys and arranging them in the case, instead of leaving them everywhere. It's also great for transporting cars different places like grandma's house, so that grandma can appreciate all of the various makes and models of cars (and how, no matter the type, they all hurt when stepped on). Grandma will appreciate having a place for the kids to store cars and get them all put away.
on July 29, 2017
I was very excited about getting this for our son who has a bunch of Hot Wheels cars. While it still gets use, unfortunately it's not very sturdy. It comes apart too easily at the plastic hinges. I'd have preferred to see a metal rod for a hinge pin instead.
on April 17, 2017
The price was right, but laid out a little weird. The cars go in nose (or rear) first, which seems a bit odd to me. I am used to cars being inserted side to side. Other than that, it seems to be made of reasonable quality, and does the job.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.