BCA Month Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 11, 2015
These cases are terrible. They do not hold the amount of cars they say they do, they have big spaces in the middle (for monster jam trucks) but they will not reasonably holds standard cars. The standard car slots have a space under the middle of the car, so that only the wheels are supported. This leads to the cars falling sideways down through the middle of the rows on top of each other.
I found a "thread organizer" that actually fits 48 cars securely. It is a clear case with double sided lids. I got some hotwheels logo stickers and put on them. They're perfect.
review image
88 comments| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2016
Unfortunately there were no pictures of the inside of this case, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. I purchased this for my son to store his hot wheels in and offer some kind of protection. However, the way the cars fit in is ridiculously hokey. First off as you can see in the picture, the cars go into the slots lengthwise. The compartments are way too big so the cars flop around and get all jumbled up. I have no idea what the purpose of the center compartments is. We have an old Hot Wheels case from the 80s that works well, it's just old and falling apart, and doesn't hold enough cars. In that case, it has trays that the cars fit down into and they don't move around nearly as much. Coming from hot wheels, designed by them to store their cars, you would expect something better. However it looks like there was no thought put into the design of this case whatsoever. I would return it, but it's more trouble than it is worth. Bottom line, don't waste your money on this worthless case.
review image
on September 27, 2017
Very disappointed with the quality of this Hot Wheels container. First off, the plastic feels thin and cheap like a bottle of water purchased from Costco. Second, the label on the front is a giant sticker. A cheap sticker that looks like it was printed using sticker labels purchased from OfficeMax using re-fill printer ink. Third, and most important, the hinges are weaker than my co-workers coffee. My boys wore the hinges out in just a few days. Is it possible that these cheap containers sold on Amazon are of lesser quality of those sold at local retail stores. After comparing the quality, I'd say yes. I'd challenge you to do the same comparison, if possible.
on July 5, 2017
It's cheap, that's it's big perk. The lid keeps coming completely off. When it is on, it does not latch well. Even if that worked fine, this stores cars front/back in first, not sideways. Not a good way to "see your cars." I'll be throwing it in the trash soon and finding a nicer case.
on July 5, 2017
Ok After some use here is a honest review ... I would not buy again the hinges come apart I found myself constantly putting it back together, So I tried zip tying the hinges that worked for about 2 weeks then they just flat out broke so If you want a case that the kids are gonna actually use I would NOT buy this one.
on December 9, 2016
We bought two older models of this box that worked great. However, this one is terrible. The lid comes completely off the box every time it's opened. It's difficult to re-attach, and pointless--since it comes off so easily. The problem with the lid makes this a very ineffective storage item!
on June 19, 2017
The hinges should be of better quality, since two of the four purchased have since broke off and are unable to close the cover. Overall they are cheaply made. I suppose if they are used very little and not opened all the time they may of lasted longer.
on March 4, 2016
My nephew has a TON of Hot Wheels cars. It's like he just can't get enough of them. I remember this with my brother when we were small. When you start tripping over little cars in the house.....it's time to grab one of these storage cases (or even two of them)!

This case holds 48 cars. We were able to fill it with trucks, cars, and even a helicopter. Everything was nicely tucked away.......until he decided to play again. So, now we have a great time cleaning up the toys and arranging them in the case, instead of leaving them everywhere. It's also great for transporting cars different places like grandma's house, so that grandma can appreciate all of the various makes and models of cars (and how, no matter the type, they all hurt when stepped on). Grandma will appreciate having a place for the kids to store cars and get them all put away.
on July 29, 2017
I was very excited about getting this for our son who has a bunch of Hot Wheels cars. While it still gets use, unfortunately it's not very sturdy. It comes apart too easily at the plastic hinges. I'd have preferred to see a metal rod for a hinge pin instead.
on April 17, 2017
The price was right, but laid out a little weird. The cars go in nose (or rear) first, which seems a bit odd to me. I am used to cars being inserted side to side. Other than that, it seems to be made of reasonable quality, and does the job.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.