Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on November 11, 2015
These cases are terrible. They do not hold the amount of cars they say they do, they have big spaces in the middle (for monster jam trucks) but they will not reasonably holds standard cars. The standard car slots have a space under the middle of the car, so that only the wheels are supported. This leads to the cars falling sideways down through the middle of the rows on top of each other.
I found a "thread organizer" that actually fits 48 cars securely. It is a clear case with double sided lids. I got some hotwheels logo stickers and put on them. They're perfect.
review image
1010 comments| 474 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 6, 2018
I bought this for my boys (4 and 5) thinking they could store their cars in it to keep them from being ruined and help them be a little more organized. Unfortunately, it didn't work as expected. Maybe if my kids were a little older, but the cars are kept upright in the case (each slot holds a car on its tail or headlights not on its wheels) so they can't really see what they look like while cased. additionally, the lid comes off all of the way instead of staying attached at one end and flipping over so my kids are constantly losing the lid and leaving their cars all over the place anyways.
on December 26, 2017
Well I bought two of these for my grandson for Christmas for his monster truck collection. Although it shows a monster truck on the outside of the case and the description states the case is for 1/64 scale toys, it turns it it actually only has few 1/64 monster truck compartments. The remainder of the compartments are for standard 1/64 cars.
on July 29, 2017
I was very excited about getting this for our son who has a bunch of Hot Wheels cars. While it still gets use, unfortunately it's not very sturdy. It comes apart too easily at the plastic hinges. I'd have preferred to see a metal rod for a hinge pin instead.
on April 17, 2017
The price was right, but laid out a little weird. The cars go in nose (or rear) first, which seems a bit odd to me. I am used to cars being inserted side to side. Other than that, it seems to be made of reasonable quality, and does the job.
on May 23, 2013
My 5 year old requested a box with a handle for his cars, he didn't like my method of dumping them all in one bin since they get scraped up. While this is advertised as a 48 car case, there are actually 36 slots that will hold a single car and 3 large slots that will hold the larger monster trucks. He has a 1/32 combine that fits in a slot, but the lid is unable to be closed tightly. You could put multiple cars in the larger spaces if you wanted. The individual slots are large enough that they hold slightly bigger vehicles like the Disney cars from the Cars movie. With the box full and the lid on latched, you can shake the box up and turn it in any direction, when you open the lid, the cars are still in place.

The latch is a little difficult for my 3 year old to open, but no trouble for my 5 year old and seems secure. The only reason I docked a star is that $11 is a little much for a plastic box. If it were $5 I would give it 5 stars and buy a couple more for the rest of his cars.
on April 30, 2016
The case is pretty sturdy but I'm not real happy about the inside storage. The cars go in long ways and are very loose in the individual compartments. There are three "oversized" compartments that are in my opinion a waste, there could've been 12 more spaces for individual cars. It says 48 spaces but in actuality there is only 36 with the 3 oversized spaces. As soon as you load it and move it the cars flip upside down and are loose......that makes more sense as to why there were no inside storage photos!
on June 5, 2017
The one at the bottom of the page is the one they send you look how the letters do not match up. Does not look like the nice ones shown at the beginning Looks old and faded. Opened the case and the door fell off. Reattached it and opened it again and again the door fell off. Don't even waste your time they did not even want me to send it back so out in the recycle bin it went.
on October 7, 2016
Good durable cases. Picked up several of these to replace some cheaper ones that broke. These are much better quality.
on February 4, 2014
The plastic is very sturdy and relatively inflexible... which is good and bad. The case is durable, but because the plastic doesn't flex much, the lid is nearly impossible for my 4-year old boy to open by himself. This leads to whining, the occasional breakdown, and more often, the box not being used to store the million Hotwheels cars my son owns because he knows he might not be able to get them out on his own after he closes the lid.

It's also surprising how heavy this case gets when it's full of the die-cast cars. Just something to keep in mind if you're buying this for a wee little one versus perhaps a 10 year old.