Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 859 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 954 reviews
on January 13, 2016
My daughter has a ton of these cars, we've always just kept them in a plastic box but we figured it was time to get her a real carrying case. I got this one because it was the cheapest one on Amazon. I've seen some of the other ones out there but this is the only one that actually looked like it would secure the cars and not just hold them until the first bump.

Very pleased with the case overall, most of the slots are for "normal" cars however there are a few larger slots that fit the over sized cars (and in her case, tie fighter)

It seems sturdy, looks pretty good, locks well and keeps the cars in one place and displays them for easy picking when it's time to play.
review image review image review image
on May 1, 2016
Unfortunately there were no pictures of the inside of this case, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. I purchased this for my son to store his hot wheels in and offer some kind of protection. However, the way the cars fit in is ridiculously hokey. First off as you can see in the picture, the cars go into the slots lengthwise. The compartments are way too big so the cars flop around and get all jumbled up. I have no idea what the purpose of the center compartments is. We have an old Hot Wheels case from the 80s that works well, it's just old and falling apart, and doesn't hold enough cars. In that case, it has trays that the cars fit down into and they don't move around nearly as much. Coming from hot wheels, designed by them to store their cars, you would expect something better. However it looks like there was no thought put into the design of this case whatsoever. I would return it, but it's more trouble than it is worth. Bottom line, don't waste your money on this worthless case.
review image
on November 5, 2012
This Hot Wheels carrying case for 48 cars is well made, sturdy, latches securely and looks nice. It's a good way to store the cars in an organized fashion. Good for kids or collectors.

It's been about a year and a half since I bought this Hot Wheels carrying case. I've had no trouble with the hinges or the snap/shut lid. However there are some things I don't like. First, there are really only 36 individual compartments for one car each. There are three compartments that will hold four cars each, but the cars are NOT separated, so there is scratching of car on car in this larger type of compartment. The second thing I don't like is the fact that the case is solid black plastic that you cannot see through. In fact, I've found a BETTER option for storing my Hot Wheels collections.

When I filled up the Hot Wheels carrying case, I got on Amazon to order another, and found a reviewer that was recommending the Creative Options Thread Organizer to store Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars in. So I checked it out. First of all the case is clear plastic, so you can see your cars clearly from the outside. Secondly it's two sided, each side having it's own door and twenty two individual compartments with one additional compartment holding two cars, for a total of twenty four places for cars per side, or 48 cars total. I absolutely love it! The only thing I don't like, and this holds for the Hot Wheels brand carrying case too, the individual compartments have enough room per car, that if the case tips over, the cars tumble around inside and don't stay right side up. However, in the Thread Organizer, the cars aren't being battered by each other if the case falls over. When I ordered the Thread Organizer, I ordered three! And I'm glad I did. I LOVE the clear organizer! It's a good showcase for my collection and I love looking at the individual cars without having to open up the case. For adult or teenage collectors, I recommend the Creative Options Thread Organizer for Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars.

I don't know how this case would hold up under the use of a child. I haven't had any problem with the hinges or snap/shut lid. However, I can see that rough handling might pose difficulties. I'm an adult collector, so I'm more careful with my cars, etc. I'm happy with this clear two sided case for my Hot Wheels cars. I like it better than the trademark Hot Wheels carrying case.
on April 17, 2017
The price was right, but laid out a little weird. The cars go in nose (or rear) first, which seems a bit odd to me. I am used to cars being inserted side to side. Other than that, it seems to be made of reasonable quality, and does the job.
on February 20, 2010
This case is ONLY good for the flat matchbox cars. I had purchased it hoping to put my son's matchbox, hot wheels, and other similar cars in it. The slots are too small for many of his bigger hot wheels trucks. It has a larger slot in the middle that I can use but it only holds 1 car/truck, so essentially I can only put 4 of his trucks in the box. It does protect the cars from banging around and getting scratched.
on March 23, 2017
Price was right. Layout is great. Quality is poor. Within 1 hour my 3 yr old had the lid detached and I cannot get it back on to where it seals. So I have a lidless carry case, which essentially makes it a cool cubby that you can't move.
on April 6, 2017
Just bought 2 of these for my nephew. Although sturdily made, the new upright design is horrible. I found out the hard way. It has to be lain flat when you open it otherwise all your cars will fall out if opened in the upright position. And then the cars roll out when you lift the case upright. Just a bad design all the way around.
on January 12, 2014
We bought 3 of these for our son. He now can carry his Hot Wheels to Grandma & Grandpa's house without any problems. The case is very sturdy and does a great job protecting his cars. He has tossed the case around, stepped on it, and anything else you can pretty much think of and it has held up very well. Will have to buy a few more when his collection gets bigger.
on March 25, 2013
It serves its purpose well and holds a lot of hotwheels/matchbox cars. I wish the closure was a little easier to use for younger kiddos. Its kind of a snap-like process which my 2 year old son doesn't always quite get. But it is exactly what I expected and it even has some larger ports for some of his larger/bulkier trucks.
on October 7, 2016
Good durable cases. Picked up several of these to replace some cheaper ones that broke. These are much better quality.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.