Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on November 11, 2015
These cases are terrible. They do not hold the amount of cars they say they do, they have big spaces in the middle (for monster jam trucks) but they will not reasonably holds standard cars. The standard car slots have a space under the middle of the car, so that only the wheels are supported. This leads to the cars falling sideways down through the middle of the rows on top of each other.
I found a "thread organizer" that actually fits 48 cars securely. It is a clear case with double sided lids. I got some hotwheels logo stickers and put on them. They're perfect.
review image
1010 comments| 491 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2016
My daughter has a ton of these cars, we've always just kept them in a plastic box but we figured it was time to get her a real carrying case. I got this one because it was the cheapest one on Amazon. I've seen some of the other ones out there but this is the only one that actually looked like it would secure the cars and not just hold them until the first bump.

Very pleased with the case overall, most of the slots are for "normal" cars however there are a few larger slots that fit the over sized cars (and in her case, tie fighter)

It seems sturdy, looks pretty good, locks well and keeps the cars in one place and displays them for easy picking when it's time to play.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2015
The Hot wheels car case looks awesome, even am the adult I love it. Being organized, and semi OCD, I thought I do get this for my 3.5 year old boy. He got great amount of hot wheels and non Hot wheel cars in his big collection of cars. This case will fit up to 48 cars that are of course designed and made for the "hot wheels" cars. But I can assure you that it also fits other major brand of cars that are similar or same size the traditional small cars.

The quality of the case its well made, and as of now, which is few months after purchase, it hasn't broken nor damaged. It opens easy, and the case edges are clear/Smooth, to best protect the child's skin from injuries. My boy plays rough, and he did few drops of this case from our 2nd story home, and nothing really happened to the case, nor (thankfully) was there anyone downstairs.

I recommend it to all kids, as it teaches him/her to origination and appreciate his/her toys at early age.
on April 11, 2011
I doubt I'm alone when I say my 3-year-old son is obsessed with Hot Wheels cars. Being as affordable as they are, it's a simple matter to accumulate entire mountains of cars situated around your house. I quickly became tired of stepping on said mountains during my half-asleep, morning trudge to the coffee machine. Clearly, we needed boxes.

Storing these cars in a small, plastic tub is certainly an option (and a cheap one, at that), however it's not a great solution because, inexplicably, my son remembers every single Hot Wheels car in his possession and when they're haphazardly piled into a plastic tub, he can't find that one, specific car for which he's looking.

I researched a few options for storing cars in individual "cells" and most such cases looked unworkable. Either the amount of storage wasn't sufficient, the case could open unexpectedly, spilling the cars out all over the floor, or the case itself would clearly fall apart in a short time. This case addresses those issues well. The quality is decent as the plastic is fairly thick and (most importantly) it uses a proper hinge (rather than creased plastic) that is capable of surviving hundreds of opens/closes. The amount of cars the case contains is perfect as it holds a lot of cars without becoming unreasonably heavy when filled. Having ordered a few of these, I can finally succeed in walking to the coffee machine without receiving an imprint of a miniature 1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee branded into the bottom of my foot!

So why only three stars? That is primarily due to the clasp which is actually *too* effective. It's too difficult for my son to open by himself so he's forced to ask for help whenever he wants to get inside. It's not the end of the world; in a year or so (when he's 4) he'll probably be able to do it himself and, in the meantime, I'll suck it up and open his box of cars for him (oh, the humanity!). But still, I would much prefer for it to be accessible to him without assistance. One other thing (albeit much more minor) is that I wish you could choose a color rather than being randomly assigned one.

Despite my three stars, I'm moderately happy with this case as it solved our problem and seems to be one of the best options available. But, being the best option doesn't automatically mean it's a perfect option.
on August 9, 2016
This isn't the best storage box for little cars. I bought it for my 3 year old to store all his matchbox cars in. They go in weird, other storage containers store them sideways so you can see them but this one has cars go in either front or back forward rather than side first. Very odd. My son doesn't really like it very much. Plus the door has came off a couple of times already and my son has it been rough with it at all. Given the chance I would not buy it again.
on January 6, 2018
I bought this for my boys (4 and 5) thinking they could store their cars in it to keep them from being ruined and help them be a little more organized. Unfortunately, it didn't work as expected. Maybe if my kids were a little older, but the cars are kept upright in the case (each slot holds a car on its tail or headlights not on its wheels) so they can't really see what they look like while cased. additionally, the lid comes off all of the way instead of staying attached at one end and flipping over so my kids are constantly losing the lid and leaving their cars all over the place anyways.
on December 9, 2016
We bought two older models of this box that worked great. However, this one is terrible. The lid comes completely off the box every time it's opened. It's difficult to re-attach, and pointless--since it comes off so easily. The problem with the lid makes this a very ineffective storage item!
on February 4, 2014
The plastic is very sturdy and relatively inflexible... which is good and bad. The case is durable, but because the plastic doesn't flex much, the lid is nearly impossible for my 4-year old boy to open by himself. This leads to whining, the occasional breakdown, and more often, the box not being used to store the million Hotwheels cars my son owns because he knows he might not be able to get them out on his own after he closes the lid.

It's also surprising how heavy this case gets when it's full of the die-cast cars. Just something to keep in mind if you're buying this for a wee little one versus perhaps a 10 year old.
on April 30, 2016
The case is pretty sturdy but I'm not real happy about the inside storage. The cars go in long ways and are very loose in the individual compartments. There are three "oversized" compartments that are in my opinion a waste, there could've been 12 more spaces for individual cars. It says 48 spaces but in actuality there is only 36 with the 3 oversized spaces. As soon as you load it and move it the cars flip upside down and are loose......that makes more sense as to why there were no inside storage photos!
on November 27, 2015
Our little guy has a lot of Hot Wheels. A LOT! So keeping them in a bucket, or basket, or toy chest wasn't cutting it. He wanted a place where they "belonged" and this was the answer! He actually gets more then 48 cars in the case. Maybe 52. It is a sturdy, rugged case that our 4 year old can open, close and carry without any assistance. The latch to close the case is wide so his small hands fit under easily to open. I am taking away a single star because the lid has to be constantly snapped into place. Not that big of a deal but I wish the lid was hinged permanently. Maybe there is a reason it can pop off but we haven't discovered a positive reason.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.