Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 11, 2015
These cases are terrible. They do not hold the amount of cars they say they do, they have big spaces in the middle (for monster jam trucks) but they will not reasonably holds standard cars. The standard car slots have a space under the middle of the car, so that only the wheels are supported. This leads to the cars falling sideways down through the middle of the rows on top of each other.
I found a "thread organizer" that actually fits 48 cars securely. It is a clear case with double sided lids. I got some hotwheels logo stickers and put on them. They're perfect.
review image
1010 comments| 487 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2016
My daughter has a ton of these cars, we've always just kept them in a plastic box but we figured it was time to get her a real carrying case. I got this one because it was the cheapest one on Amazon. I've seen some of the other ones out there but this is the only one that actually looked like it would secure the cars and not just hold them until the first bump.

Very pleased with the case overall, most of the slots are for "normal" cars however there are a few larger slots that fit the over sized cars (and in her case, tie fighter)

It seems sturdy, looks pretty good, locks well and keeps the cars in one place and displays them for easy picking when it's time to play.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 9, 2016
This isn't the best storage box for little cars. I bought it for my 3 year old to store all his matchbox cars in. They go in weird, other storage containers store them sideways so you can see them but this one has cars go in either front or back forward rather than side first. Very odd. My son doesn't really like it very much. Plus the door has came off a couple of times already and my son has it been rough with it at all. Given the chance I would not buy it again.
on January 6, 2018
I bought this for my boys (4 and 5) thinking they could store their cars in it to keep them from being ruined and help them be a little more organized. Unfortunately, it didn't work as expected. Maybe if my kids were a little older, but the cars are kept upright in the case (each slot holds a car on its tail or headlights not on its wheels) so they can't really see what they look like while cased. additionally, the lid comes off all of the way instead of staying attached at one end and flipping over so my kids are constantly losing the lid and leaving their cars all over the place anyways.
on December 9, 2016
We bought two older models of this box that worked great. However, this one is terrible. The lid comes completely off the box every time it's opened. It's difficult to re-attach, and pointless--since it comes off so easily. The problem with the lid makes this a very ineffective storage item!
on February 4, 2014
The plastic is very sturdy and relatively inflexible... which is good and bad. The case is durable, but because the plastic doesn't flex much, the lid is nearly impossible for my 4-year old boy to open by himself. This leads to whining, the occasional breakdown, and more often, the box not being used to store the million Hotwheels cars my son owns because he knows he might not be able to get them out on his own after he closes the lid.

It's also surprising how heavy this case gets when it's full of the die-cast cars. Just something to keep in mind if you're buying this for a wee little one versus perhaps a 10 year old.
on April 30, 2016
The case is pretty sturdy but I'm not real happy about the inside storage. The cars go in long ways and are very loose in the individual compartments. There are three "oversized" compartments that are in my opinion a waste, there could've been 12 more spaces for individual cars. It says 48 spaces but in actuality there is only 36 with the 3 oversized spaces. As soon as you load it and move it the cars flip upside down and are loose......that makes more sense as to why there were no inside storage photos!
on November 27, 2015
Our little guy has a lot of Hot Wheels. A LOT! So keeping them in a bucket, or basket, or toy chest wasn't cutting it. He wanted a place where they "belonged" and this was the answer! He actually gets more then 48 cars in the case. Maybe 52. It is a sturdy, rugged case that our 4 year old can open, close and carry without any assistance. The latch to close the case is wide so his small hands fit under easily to open. I am taking away a single star because the lid has to be constantly snapped into place. Not that big of a deal but I wish the lid was hinged permanently. Maybe there is a reason it can pop off but we haven't discovered a positive reason.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2015
I purchased this car case as a gift for my son and his many many matchbox cars/hotwheels. We've had it a couple years now and it has held up very well. It has been dropped, slid across the floor, sat on, used as a step stool, and fought over by two preschoolers. Some reviews said it was flimsy...felt like it would break easily. That has not been my experience. I did subtract one star as the decal on the front starts to peel off of the case and little fingers cannot resist pulling off stickers. But otherwise, this case has been great.
on December 26, 2017
Well I bought two of these for my grandson for Christmas for his monster truck collection. Although it shows a monster truck on the outside of the case and the description states the case is for 1/64 scale toys, it turns it it actually only has few 1/64 monster truck compartments. The remainder of the compartments are for standard 1/64 cars.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.