Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 346 reviews
on December 26, 2015
I purchased this set for my 5 year old nephew for Christmas. The excitement mounted for all of us, as we fiddled to build the tracks. After what seemed like forever, with my nephew bouncing impatiently nearby, we inserted the batteries, turned on the switch, heard the motor running, placed a car on the track, and ..... NOTHING HAPPENED! We tried car after car, from every possible point on the track, and they refused to run. We looked at a clip on Youtube with how this is supposed to work, just to be certain, but again, NOTHING! Well, it was absolutely heart wrenching, as the excitement subsided and turned to utter disappointment on my nephew's face.

All I could do, was promise him that I would replace it. However, although I was promptly offered a refund of the $72.99 I paid for it, the carrier fee of approximately US$47 was not refunded, and would have to be paid yet again, when I purchase the replacement. As if this wasn't bad enough, I was only refunded $72.99, but the cheapest set, is now $98.99, so I'm ultimately paying for two sets - $26 more for the 2nd one, and a next $47 to have it shipped to my country in the Caribbean.

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!
on January 13, 2015
I consider myself an expert on this car track since I purchased and returned two of them in a 20 day period. The first was opened by my son on Christmas day. By the day after, one of the orange pieces of track broke. It was on the underside that holds the track together with the blue base. We tried to super glue but that didn't work so we returned it.
To replace we had to repurchase it for $5 more dollars. But my son loved it - heck, everyone loved it. So the second one arrived, we put it together and we were back in business for about 48 hours. The exact same piece broke in the exact same place.
The worst part is this track is meant to be put together, not taken apart. Taking it apart to fit it back into the box was no easier the second time than the first.
My son is 26 months and he understood how this track worked. How to turn it on and off, how to switch the cars on the other tracks, how to put the cars on. He loved it. It needs to be reconfigured or the piece in that one spot must be reinforced like the other connections are.
Do not buy it. Your kid will love it. It will break. You will hurt yourself with a flat head screw driver trying to take it apart. It's not worth it.
on December 31, 2015
My son open this Christmas day. Once assembled we ran the car through a few times.. YEA!! After a couple passes the electric motor started making a terrible noise and the car went no more. Thinking it might be simple fix I open the bottom, 17 screws later I found one of the gears to be stripped. After further investigation I found the electric motor mount to be broken. Third I found that the assembler didn't add two of the four bushings needed on the four gears. So I can only assume that is was built on a Monday or Friday. Either way this product is cheap plastic and assembled by someone who gave up.
review image review image review image
on January 5, 2016
This track is fun! but cheaply made, especially! for how much it cost! i bought this track as a christmas present for my son because he loves toy cars for some reason! i giftwrapped the track and put it away until christmas eve, thats when i assembled it for my son, it worked! so we played with it everyday for at least 45 minutes & then put it away knowing my girlfriend could only take so much of its loud roar! me & my son love the loud sound it mimicks nascar's loudness that not a problem for us!. on new years day we turned it on! it worked for 10 minutes then just stopped spinning & making a akward loud sound! i though the batteries were just too low & about to die so i put the track away until i could buy replacement batteries when i replaced the batteries it was performing the same! NOT AT ALL! it seemed like it burnt out ! no falls no water damage,nothing! just stopped working! after 8 days of 45 minutes usage a day! for $63 dollars & then they bumped it up to $93 dollars! THIS ITEM IS NOT EVEN WORTH $25 DOLLARS! MUCH LESS A $100. & other people made this complaint! more than 4 people i just wish i read the reviews first! trust me unless your rich or like to overpay for trash! people shouldn't buy this until they put in the proper work on it! i will just put another $100 on that a get an ipod touch instead! we all know thats properly built. this item was a TOTAL (EXPENSIVE) DISSAPOINTMENT, not that they care! thats how they stay rich! thats the last dime they'll get from me! im done with hotwheels! my son will have to get use to another car toy like tonka trucks!.
After assembly, this track works well with certain cars. But dont injure yourself taking it apart! Because its not easy. I left some parts connected in fear they may break if taken apart. And even if you manage to take it all apart, it wont fit back into the box. Mattel/Hotwheels makers need to re-think their connection designa and deliver these tracks in LARGER, REUSABLE boxes. But overall, this seems typical with Hotwheels track sets like this: waay too hard to disassemble, and they rarely fit back into the box they came in. And for this, I dont recommend this track-set unless you plan on leaving it setup permanently. I guess Mattel is too cheap to give us a reusable box and they just cant seem to figure out how to make their track-sets easy to take apart. Boo on them.
on May 26, 2014
I was pretty excited about giving this to my son for Christmas. It looks really cool, has the loops and even a jump. There are two levers to control which way the cars go, so you're not just watching. It was very easy to set up, and we had it racing in no time. It works with most of the cars he already owns too. The cars zip around the track, and it's very exciting... at first.

Unfortunately, the cars just do the same things over and over. Everyone lost interest rather quickly. In the future, I'll only buy tracks that are gravity powered and able to be configured into different designs. With the gravity powered tracks we have, my son can experiment on the steepness and length of the ramp, and he can see how different cars work. With a configurable track, he can try different loops, tuns and jumps. With this one, either the car fits into the launcher or it doesn't.

In summary, this review is more of a ding against any track with a motorized launcher. I wouldn't buy any of them. However, if you are set on one with a motorized launcher, then I guess this one is fine.
on July 12, 2014
very cool toy, kids are enthralled, but the longest loop de loop track doesnt work. The rubber rollers do not generate enough force to propel the car that came with the toy all the way around the loop. the car gets half way up and drops to the ground. The other two loops work great. Kids seem to be satisfied with the toy's limitations but it's absurd the biggest loop doesnt work. We have tried with other, lighter cars, and still no luck. Furthermore, The D batteries start to fade so the rubber rollers start to slow imperceptibly, and then the other two loop de loops start to fail too, cars drop to the ground half way around the loop. So sad....
on January 2, 2015
Very disappointed in this Hot Wheel product. We've been buying Hot Wheel products for our children and grandchildren for the past 30 plus years. The quality just keeps declining, which is very disappointing. Car won't stay on track and difficult to make one lap on it's own. I wish Hot Wheels would go back to making products that lasted. We still own the Hot Wheels garage that was purchased 34 years ago!
on April 8, 2017
very nice and fun to play with
on November 25, 2014
Really cool tool. Had my mom in law get it for my son's 4 year birthday. He had received for Christmas the previous year a bunch of separate track pieces and a booster pack which was really fun to build and had more interaction (he had to "load" the car each time). This track sort of does everything and you watch it. Yes there are leavers you can control to change the track and it is cool to see two or more cars at once, but he did tire of it more quickly than I would have hoped. I also watched the app on the iPad hook up and thought it was only ok.