CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hot Wheels Wall Tracks brings stunts, speed, turns and tricks to new heights
- Wall Tracks is a wall mounted track play system
- Expand your world of Wall Tracks and build more stunts and action all over your walls
- This is the ultimate Hot Wheels Wall Tracks starter set
- Includes 1 die-cast Hot Wheels car, 3M Command Strips and easy instruction poster
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set lets kids perform new stunts and actions - all over the wall! This'll bring new excitement and enjoyment for kids as they'll have something to play with over the walls and not on the floor.
Why You'll Love It: New stunts. High speed. The race is on.
Age: 4 to 8 years
- Easy to set up and fun to play
- Stunts, turns, tricks and actions can be performed all over the wall
- Hot wheels car
- Command strip
- Instruction poster
Reach new velocities and explore new terrains with the Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set. This wall-mounted track play system provides the base for a wide array of Hot Wheels Wall Tracks, with a variety of pathways, loops, and diversions that hold their own as a racing platform. With the easy-to-follow instructions, you'll be whipping around corners and speeding through the air in no time!
Expand Your Horizon Vertically
The Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set takes the usual racing systems up off the floor and onto your walls, allowing speeds, stunts, tricks, and turns to reach new levels of intensity and fun. A collection of parts including a diverter switch, flap-ramp, steep drop ramp, and even a 360-degree loop make up this base set. These parts all use the vertical terrain to push the car toward impressive velocity and a new range of tricks that aren't possible on typical floor tracks.
Full-Color Hanging Template for Easy Assembly
Assembly of the Wall Tracks Starter Set is easy with the included instructions. They include written and visual descriptions, and the paper also serves as a hanging template, guiding your track placement easily to the correct positions. Adult assembly is required to stick the base of the tracks in place with the included 3M Command Strips, but the rest of the assembly can be learned by children with some practice and will stimulate cognitive skills.
Excellent Base for Other Wall Tracks
The included tracks have a number of path variations built in that our testers enjoyed exploring and testing. This experimentation, along with the vertical expansion of the tracks, inspires creative thinking about the possibilities of extending the tracks to never-before-seen racetrack variations with other Hot Wheels Wall Tracks sets.
What's in the Box
Hot Wheels car, wall tracks set, seven 3M Command Strips, six brackets, spare rubber band, and full-color hanging instructions template.
Top Customer Reviews
The first problem I've had is that the loop on the track doesn't work right and the cars get stuck there often. Although the kids do not seem to mind this I find it frustrating. The other issue we have had is that kids don't just let the cars roll down the track all the time; sometimes they like to push them. Twice in as many days we have had the command adhesive come off the wall and pull a coat of paint with them. The one extra command adhesive helped the first time the track let go; I suggest buying some extras with the track if you get one.
The template is easy to follow, and the anchor points are labeled A through F and even have little arrows that act as your angle meter, to make sure it's hanging at the proper angle.
Track pieces snap into place pretty securely, and I've had no problems with anything loose or inoperative. Some reviewers mentioned the loop mechanism didn't work well for them, but we've had no problems with it. Just make sure there's no pressure on any side, since the first time I had it hung, it pressed a bit against that curvature of my fridge, nothing really noticeable, but enough to hamper operation until I adjusted one of the anchor points.
The car went through the track just fine, not hanging up anywhere.
As with most hot wheel toys, it's pretty cool at first, and the concept is very slick - no tracks to "pick up" or things the kid leaves laying on the floor. But the replay value isn't so great since it's just the same thing over and over and over. My son extended his excitement by adding more things to crash into, but after about half an hour, it just sat on the fridge, something for me to watch out for so I wouldn't let the door open itself all the way to its stops... He went back to it once the second day, but then took the car and had more fun driving it over the furniture, jumping over the great chasms between the couch and rocking chair, and driving it on the counters.Read more ›
Wanted to update. We moved the track to a different room that had absolutely NO texture to it. It has been holding up very well. So, basically, if your walls are completely smooth, it does work. 3M should update their instructions that include a smooth wall requirement.
- It is simple to set up, though reference the CONS list.
- There are lots of extras to add on to the starter pack, which comes in handy for birthdays and holidays!
- There is room for multiple cars at the top, so you have a multi-car simultaneous ride.
- The Command Strips, if used properly, are simple to use and do not ruin the wall surface (there are specific wall types that are exempt from this). The directions recommended waiting 1-hour before adding weight, applying the track, so we waited and it stays perfectly. These also allowed for simple take-down, but be sure to purchase extra medium strips for replacement.
- The pieces that attach to the wall are separate from the track, so you can take the track down without having to get new strips and re-align them.
- It is great that this attaches to the wall instead of taking up a 6 sq. ft. space on the floor.
- Compared to other toys of this size and excitement, I found the price to be very reasonable. The expansion kits are also reasonably priced.
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED!!! Who doesn't love to see that?!
- The setup seems simple, but if it is a hair out of place, the cars will not travel at the proper speed to set-off the exciting events and can get stuck in the middle of the track. Our main issue is the speed bumps just after the start and the loop in the middle.
- You have to make sure you keep the template in good working order if you want to be able to move the track with ease. In a house with kids, this isn't always the easiest task.
We have not had this toy long, so I will update my review as we learn more. For now, I think this toy is pretty neat.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not worth the frustration. The set up was easy enough. We followed the template exactly and it went together and attached fairly easily. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Really wanted to like this but it will not stay on the wall. And I was very careful to wash the wall and follow all instructions carefully. My son was very disappointed.Published 7 months ago by Jenn
Ours has been up for several months and is holding up great. Easy to install.Published 7 months ago by Jim Wallace
Fun idea...HOWEVER...it's hard to get them to stick and stay on the wall. THEN, when one part falls down, it's all over!!! Frustrating for all.Published 11 months ago by C. Becker