Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

If you don't read anything else in my review just read this. WATCH THE PRICES. I had these in my wishlist all summer and they skyrocketed in price over night in the fall. Right now a box of 40 is about 10 bucks cheaper than I paid for them in the fall. Buy in the summer, On to the review...These were pretty good for me being out in the elements for 8 to 10 hours during the peak season around Christmas delivering your Amazon purchased Christmas Gifts. They fit right in my gloves nicely and are warm...the only thing I needed to do was take them out and expose them to the air a little bit every now and then. They seems to warm up a little more. I have used several brands of these hand warmers over the years and they are all designed the same.
HERE IS HOW THEY WORK.....
Hand warmers work through the magic of rust..yes rust. Iron in the pack when exposed to air starts to oxidize and its sped up by Salt in the packs as well. Carbon in he packs spread the heat around and vermiculite which helps the heat from escaping to fast. There are other things in there but that is the basic magic of hand warmers.

Now know that bit of info you will have to decide which ones work best for you. These lasted nearly 7 hours in my pockets and gloves ...Sometimes I would have to open another pack just for a few hours of heat. Like I said i'm out in the winter cold for 8 to 10 hours a day. Don't think these are going to keep your hands super warm like you are holding them over a fire...they wont. However they will help you from getting frostbite. I also keep several of these in my Tahoe and my wife's car for emergency purposes...Always be prepared, folks. They are cheap and could help save your life in dire situations specially if you have small children.

Compared to other brands I have used and getting basically the same results from I start to look at the price. Why pay more for less..Right? Right. So this was the best deal for me. I used a lot of mine over one winter season and even had a few to give my fellow mailmen when they ran out.

4 stars from me because they work and they work for long periods of time..one star loss for the extreme price jumps all of the time. Just watch them in your wishlist and buy cheap. Trust me they will drop. I have bought 4 boxes of 40 of these over the years.

If you are wanting more of a distributed heat and are in a situation where you can hold a warmer, they do make electrical hand warmers that run on rechargeable batteries. They sell a lot on Amazon..EnergyFlux, HotPods, Zippo,,,there is a lot to choose from..You may want to check those out.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments. I will respond. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!
review imagereview imagereview image
431 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on September 22, 2012
First, I'll agree with one reviewer who said these do not heat up quickly and do not get very warm. I've worked around some things, as I rely heavily on these to keep my hands from freezing as I work to take care of horses, daily, no matter how bad the weather, sometimes as low as 20 below zero. Before I leave the house, I slip these into the microwave for a few seconds. You'd have to test yours to figure out the timing. This gives them a boost and they are immediately warm. In severe weather, I sometimes use two pair at a time. I start out with a silk glove liner, put one in my palm, slip on a cotton glove and put one on the back of my hand, (or in the silk glove) before putting on my final and outer glove. These warmers will last for about ten hours unless, if you are out for a couple of hours at a time, off and on like I am, you can make them last longer by sealing them tightly in a plastic bag (sandwhich). With no air, the heating stops. I can make one pair last for possibly three days. I keep a marker handy and just make a little slash mark for each hour I've used them. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but it's the only thing that makes them affordable for me. As one reviewer said, they use them for a family member with Raynaud's Syndrome. I have that too. Keeping my hands from freezing is a challenge. I sometimes resort to the foot warmer's with the higher temperatures.
Added note for 2014. The customer service from this company was beyond outstanding. I bought two boxes and had the problem of many of the packets being hard on the edge and unusable. I think air must have gotten inside the air tight packets during manufacturing. I contacted the company directly. They were so friendly and helpful I felt like I was talking to good neighbors. They sent me a fedx envelope, postage paid so I could return a few of the packets to them. Within days, they mailed me replacements for my entire two boxes. Best customer service I've ever experienced.
292 people found this helpful
|99 comments|Report abuse
on November 10, 2015
I added these into some goody bags I'm giving to the homeless. I'm super thrilled that I can buy it in bulk for a reasonable price!
review image
24 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2016
Great product. I have been using these for years. Keeps my hands warm no matter how frigid outside. I even use them all year when I go the grocery store. I have Reynaud's Disease and my hands get terribly cold and numb when I am in the refrigerated sections of the store A pair of these helps tremendously.
13 people found this helpful
on November 18, 2014
These require oxygen to activate so I pack them into an empty prescription pill bottle with an airtight lid when not in use. I place them inside my gloves on cold mornings for my 45 minute walk then pack them nice and tight in storage until the next morning. Each pair lasts about a week, takes about 15 minutes to heat up and needs O2 (oxygen) to produce heat. This is why these don't work well inside a winter boot. There is not enough oxygen.
21 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2017
My wife uses these frequently. Durable packaging easily survives being bounced around in a purse or glovebox for a while before use. Easy open mylar outer package. (Hint, if the "tear here" notch isn't cut all the way to the edge, just fold the edge in slightly and tear.) The warmers themselves are soft cloth pouches that fit comfortably in your palm/pocket. The duration of the heat provided is exceptional. Easily a half day. Note: The warmers require oxygen to produce heat. If you clutch them tightly in your hand for long periods, the heat output will fade. To re-heat, just shake the pouch and place in a pocket for 5 minutes. These can get pretty warm, so I wouldn't advise putting them against bare skin for long periods, or lying them on wood or painted surfaces either.
5 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2018
This is quite possibly the most genius, yet simple invention ever made. Packs of warmers that activate when mixed and exposed to air. I learned about these back when I was in high school band and some of the kids would bring them and share during the cold weather. They were great for the moments that you got to stick your fingers back in your pockets. Now I have an outside job that requires me to photograph people in an outdoor venue during weather that is 20 degrees or colder. These are life savers in every way. I usually stick them in my gloves, which keeps my fingers, and the camera from freezing up.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I live in the far north U.S.A., where Winter is long, cold, and snowy. Even if I'm just going out to brush off snow from my car and defrost the windshield, I may have to put these into my ski mittens (below +10 degrees, gloves won't work even for this 15-minute task). Where I live, here in the middle of nowhere, there are plenty of stores that are happy to sell a pair of HotHands for $2, $3, $4, or even (the ski resorts) $5 per pair, and so I LOVE being able to buy these by the box from Amazon. I just calculated the current price, $26.37, for a box of 40, and that's about $0.86 per pair, a tremendous value. It's so nice, when visitors and houseguests are here, to be able to say, "here, you're going to need these!" and tuck a set or two into guests' jacket pockets. When I'm skiing, they're good in my mittens for 3-4 hours (if you're an all-day skier, tuck a second set into your jacket pocket). I also buy HotHands "Toes" from Amazon, do have to slip a set into my boots before shoveling off the car, always slip a set under my toes in ski boots (even though I have Hotronics), and, again, love feeling free to hand them out to visitors and houseguests.
on October 18, 2017
ONLY BUY WHAT YOU NEED! I bought a whole case of these, thinking that they would last, but I went to pull them out again this fall and noticed that so many of the "Two Packs" had one warmer that was solid as a rock--as if it was used already. Had to cut them apart and toss out the "used" new ones. Very frustrating. They were still in the box, unopened but one out almost every two pack was unusable. If you open one that is soft and granule feeling, it warms up perfectly, that is what the stars are for.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 4, 2014
These have a of different uses. My review is going to concentrate on the specific purpose these were purchased for. As this is a more unusual application, it may or may not be helpful.

I got these for a person with poor circulation in their hands. Even inside when the thermostat is 78+, their hands are extremely cold, physically hurt, and very uncomfortable. They generally wear gloves, but even the gloves don't do that much. Upon giving them these HotHands, he started using these indoors to layer them in conjunction with the gloves. The HotHands have worked great for this because: 1) they do not get so hot they cause burning, 2) they are compact and easy to slip inside a glove without being super bulky, 3) they last for hours (he usually gets about 7 good hours with his usage), 4) there are not major safety concerns with frequent usage, and 5) the usage of heat itself reduces pain and can improve range of motion.

Chances are most people are considering these for different applications, such as outdoors usage for someone without circulation problems. I honestly cannot tell you one way or another how well these work for that purpose, and I would rather say that outright than speculate. However, I can certainly say that for people with poor circulation in the hands/feet area that results in the hands/feet being constantly cold and uncomfortable that these work very well. For someone with pain in their hands/feet, these can also be useful given how effective heat is (even a small amount) in reducing pain. And considering that these are under a dollar a pop and that they last a large majority of the waking day I can also tell you that these are a good value.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.