Houdini 30100 Automotive Escape Tool
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Window Breaker, Spring-loaded tempered glass punch lets you safely exit your vehicle
- Seatbelt Cutter, Quickly frees you, even when you're upside down
- LED Flashlight, 5-lumen lamp lights the way with approximately 10 hours of runtime
- Safety Whistle, Signals for help up to 1/4 Mile Away
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
Top Customer Reviews
1. Once the blade cover is attached - the part with the key ring attachment - it is hard to remove. It needs to be or the tool would fall off of the key ring. The product is shipped with the cover off so you can see how the device functions. Once you snap the cover on, little plactic tabs keep it from coming off easily without using a mini screw driver to lift it over the tabs.
2. When you get in a jam, you yank the device off of your key ring. The effort required to do this would be minimal - a light tug reveals how the cover begins to flex and would readily come off when needed. The plactic blade cover stays on your key ring and what you have in your hand is an exposed blade to cut the seat belt, a LED flashlight, and a spring loaded punch tool ready to press against the window.
Its that simple. If your looking for just a fancy key ring flashlight, there are better choices. If you want a key ring tool to escape a vehicle, this is perfect. This is a use it once in a emergency and then get a new one type of device. I don't know how well the little cover will fair when I yank the tool free and I don't know how sharp the blade would be after cutting a belt. But if I am ever forced to find out - I really won't care.
On a side note, the spring loaded punch is metal and clearly visible in the device. Also, since it is a blunt point, it is designed to deliver its shock to a very small spot. In short, a lot of energy directed at a small point on the glass will shatter or crack it enough to be pushed out.
There are a lot of similar tools such as this one and while they may seem light cheap i guarantee they will break glass, if you don't believe me go try it on your car ;-). However on a serious note most junk yards will allow you to test this on a car.
Yes built in features like a whistle or a light on some of these tools might not be high quality but i would be more concerned about it being able to cut a seat belt or break glass.
All in all this product is comparable to many out there and will get the job done.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Discontinued but I love it. Small and compact. I have one in every car.Published 15 months ago by BamaMBA93
I can't believe that some people can't figure out how to get the cap off. If you have it on a key ring (and there's a sturdy hole in the product for expressly that purpose), you... Read morePublished on November 12, 2011 by Adman
As others stated the protective cover is extremely difficult to remove. In an emergency I would not expect to quickly be able to remove it. Read morePublished on August 29, 2010 by battery guru
This product is a joke. I had to pry the tab off the seatbelt cutter with the point of my pocket knife. And there is no way the thing would generate enough force to break a window. Read morePublished on August 28, 2010 by Swamijim
This is a piece of junk. I can't even get the little tab off to expose the seat belt cutter using a pliers. What would I do in an emergency?Published on August 24, 2010 by pegitha