Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 657 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 687 reviews
on June 29, 2016
This was SO disappointing! Overall okay and better than many films, but what really makes this one stand out and what will keep most people up at night is not the very few and far between scares...it is the vast multitude of missed opportunities to make a good, cohesive, and compelling story. I personally will probably be up for a while thinking of the half dozen or more places where this story could have gone right. In the end, we have a predictable, boring, slow paced film. The acting and effects are good, but there is no depth to the story. The family members never engage in any form of logical, problem solving about their situation-let alone any existential self-exploration which anyone in such circumstances would logically find themselves compelled to conduct. I see this film as just one long, unexciting misfire.

Oh, and for the love of common sense-get that girl a pen and paper! How did that not occur to anyone?! Or even write in the dirt?! Really, no one thought of that?!
on May 30, 2016
This movie was a pleasant surprise. I haven't seen an intelligent thriller in a while. This movie is creepy, it remembers that the best thing about haunting stories is that what haunts people the most aren't just the ghosts of strangers from some distant past that move furniture around, but ghosts from their own pasts. And this movie takes us on a well paced ride through our characters demons and provides some good surprises along the way. And I wasn't at all disappointed in the ending, it was credible...maniacal, but credible.
If you're looking for gore and/or jump scares you wont find it here. If you are looking for creepy, character driven, atmospheric "chiller" than I highly recommend that you check this out.
on June 23, 2016
I liked it. At least it wasn't a slash and gore. I get so board with those -- too many have been made, and I almost did not watch this because I expected it to be just that. I was surprised to see Marc Singer still around. I had a time warp moment -- I had not really seen him since the Beast Master so in my mind he was still young. It took me a moment to snap that this was him. I did not care for the character of his wife; I just thought she was pretty flat in personality, so I found her a bit annoying, but it wasn't enough to make me dislike the movie. I did not think there was anything spectacular about this movie but it was entertainment for an afternoon.
on August 1, 2017
Scary thriller! Excellent veteran actors! Not too violent. Lof twists and turns, but not twisted. Recommend this
movie for grown ups. Great plot. You never know what will happen next! Chilling!
on June 2, 2016
This was OK in my opinion. If this is a cycle for the house why does one of the main characters have a direct connection to the house? And if each person was reliving their biggest sins why didn't the one without sin get away? Not to mention if there is a way out and you know how to get out, why wouldn't you?? I don't think people would act like this if in fact a scenario like this was to ever happen. And some of the actors were just bad. I get that it was low budget though, so you work with what you got. Overall I gave it 2 stars because I could watch it but it was a yawn, and many parts didn't make sense.
on May 13, 2016
I really liked this film. Sometimes you come across a really good film worth watching. The interaction between the actors was interesting psychologically. Spooky, cabin fever like one of those nightmares that you can't escape from. This film reminded me of a mix of the "Twilight Zone", "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"and maybe Boris Karloff's "Thriller". Perhaps, a bit more diabolical though. It was interesting how some of the characters needed to be there for a reason. I didn't understand why the two girls had to suffer though. They seemed innocent enough. That made it more scary.
on May 27, 2016
May contain spoilers...?
I can't decide if the title is awful or clever...
Pretty decent movie that I enjoyed, although I thought it focused way too much on the thin father. It needed a different actor for that to be passable.
Afterwards I realized I think I might have liked it more than it deserved because the house reminded me of the cabin in Mama. Be that as it may, I really did enjoy the movie. I especially liked the ending, although (SPOILER) people can talk without tongues. I'm pretty sure were I to find myself in such a situation I'd at least try charades...
on June 5, 2016
+1 because I expected it to be bad, and it wasn't
-1 for not living up to my expectations of being so bad that it's funny
+1 for Marc Singer being funnier than I remember, even if unintentionally
-1 for Marc Singer looking confused/ on drugs for much of the film
+1 for Marc Singer in the woods looking exactly like that classic footage of Bigfoot
+1 for Emmy's character being such a perfect modern incarnation of the Cassandra myth
+1 for the face that the teen boy makes when Marc Singer bears down on his wound
on May 25, 2016
Ohhhh. This was really good. You always have certain expectations of this genre but this was particularly good. Some jumpscares obviously but there is also a very good storyline. I was impressed with this one. And....I tend to watch a lot of these type movies lately. This is really really enjoyable.
on August 17, 2016
I like this film because it introduced a new twist on families being held captive by some unknown force. What makes this film work is dynamics of the two families and the back story that is revealed. There is only so much you can do when the majority of the film is in one location. I feel the actors really carried this film. If you enjoyed the film Farm House with Steven Weber you will probably enjoy this film.