|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
The House of Mercy Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz
A dazzling new series, a pure adrenaline rush, debuts with Jane Hawk, a remarkable heroine certain to become an icon of suspense. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Best for Ages: 16 and up
This book was emotion, heartbreaking, breathtaking, and encouraging. It reminded me of Christy or one of Tracy Higly’s books in that it dealt with very tough issues in such a way that didn’t glorify them, sugar-coat them, or feel crass. I was blessed by the powerful faith messages that were woven through the story by a master writer.
Bethan was my favorite character in the story. Her faith is strong yet she has some very real struggles when she is taken from her home. One of the things I loved…I had no idea who she was going to get with. She took interest in one guy, but then found out he already loved and girl and so on. It was so true to life that I loved it.
Deoradhan was a complex character and was well written. I was pulled along by his story and struggle. My heart pounded at times, I wanted to cry out in rage, or sob with sorry. He had so much emotion behind his character it truly pulled me in.
The setting was so amazing. Set in Arthur’s England, I was pulled into the place and didn’t want to leave. It felt so real. Ruggieri did an amazing job for capturing the land, structures, people, and atmosphere of the time.
This book deals with some very hard topics. Several side characters are very immoral people. One scene takes place at a druid festival and the tone is very dark. However, sin is show for what it is; sin. While a couple characters enjoy the momentary pleasures, the consequences for such actions are clearly shown.
I highly recommend this if you like grittier fiction, historical fiction, and vivid characters.
The story is gripping and the conflict amoungst the characters and within their hearts is described and dealt with very well.
A great book if you are looking for something intense, with lots of conflict.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult